Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Buddy Got Pulled Over

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 08:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Buddy Got Pulled Over

i firmly believe that cops use that "your plate didn't show up in the database" bs as an excuse to pull you over
ORIGINAL: woot

I got followed for about 10km... right from my driveway - through a 60km/h zone (doing 62) - through a 70km/h zone (doing 73) and the second I hit the 50 km/h zone the lights came on... I couldn't believe it. I was slowing down to 50 (doing maybe 56) and he pulled me over.

He turned out to be a she. She said I pulled you over because you were going slow. Slow? I was doing the speed limit.

Takes the licence/papers.

Comes back and then says she pulled me over because it wasn't in the database? WTF... it had to be I'd had it a few years and paid tag fees not long before.

It was odd... really think I got pulled over for being a biker - but as it was relatively painless I didn't care as much as I would have...

Old 08-31-2006, 09:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Woot, I think she had an "eye" on your **** !!!!!!!!!

When I think of "brothers" w/ stolen bikes, I'm willing to be checked out.

I will take it like a man, caught being "bad". I'm grown up enough, to have a valid apraisal of my behavior choices, and possible outcome. If I feel slighted, there are courts to present my defense in.

I have to think... How", did we get this scrutiny, leveled our direction???? I think that answer is apperant daily, in statistics. And what the public has seen, as "less than responsible" ride'n, on ocasion.
Not all of use, ride on the edge of legality... but there are enough of us that do...itermitantly to frequently, to make us, worth "watch'n".

I'm as guilty as many, but I am trying to be more realistic about my social responsibility, and tune'n my self control, for all concerns benifit. Today I have try'd to pass at the legal , 5-over... instead of show'n 'em what the 1000f, will really do !!!!!!!!!!!

If we as sportbike riders don't figure out some of this and how to"curb" our enthusiasim/ intrusion... we are going to get legislated to Hell, and it will be "us" that supply the rope to hang ourselves. Nobody wants to dodge mobile traffic cameras... ask the UK, how much that ruins your day!!!!!!!!!! Tomorro, same camera different spot... Yikes!!!!!!!!!! I don't know the answers, but the handwritting on the wall, is plain to see. Clean and free, Ripp'n

Old 08-31-2006, 09:59 PM

When I get pulled over, I can never think of anything to say that might get me off... I just wear it and hope the points come back faster than I lose them.

Old 09-01-2006, 04:38 AM

I hate to say it woot, but you're right about just being pulled over because you were a biker. There are some cops who peg you as a problem because its a sport bike. They're not all that way, just some a$$holes who make the rest look bad.

I got pulled over today by a trooper, passed him going northbound and I knew he was going to turn around, I was on a sport bike (of course i wasn't speeding) so i pulled over and waited for him to catch up. I think he hoped i would run or something. I don't have a tag on it yet, since i just bought it. Had all my paperwork for him, have a nice day....

(btw i am cop, so that helps a little...)

Old 09-04-2006, 12:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i get pulled all the time, cops just wanna see if A.) you have a liscense to ride, b.) bike isnt stole c.) inspection is up to date...they can blow me tho, no offense to any cops in here