Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Brock Lesnar in the UFC

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 05:50 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brock Lesnar in the UFC

Discuss.

Old 01-28-2008, 05:55 AM
Banned
Default RE: Brock Lesnar in the UFC

Should be interesting.

I just hope the UFC doesnt turn into a circus. I kinda want to see Frank Mir submit him in the first round, but the guy is a monster.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:14 AM
Retired Super Moderator

Yeah, but Frank just hasn't ever been the same since that car accident....the past few times, it's looked like he didn't even train cardio for his fight.....

Old 01-28-2008, 08:27 AM

O I can't wait to see this. I want to see Mir win but yea Brock just need's one hit.I had a chance to meetBrock and almost wrestle him, I lost two rounds before the match. Found out after he started the WWE and the girl i was dating at the time were related.
OK i'm done bragging now.

Old 01-28-2008, 12:04 PM

I heard an interview with Chuck Lidel this morning on the Opi and Anthony show, and he said Lesnar has a chance of being pretty good if he trains correctly. And apparently from what he has heard, he is definately training correctly. So who knows, he's a big guy with alot of power, if he can learn to control it and use it wisely, he could be good.

Old 01-28-2008, 12:11 PM

I vote for circus.

Old 01-28-2008, 12:31 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

I'm not big into ufc, seen a few here and there, but i will watch that. If nothing else he helps bring some attention to it, and he is a freak.

Old 01-28-2008, 01:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

from what ive heard he is supposed to be a solid fighter. the way i look at it...the ufc is getting so big now they r not gonna just start throwing people in the cage that have no chance of at least putting up a fight. frank mir is no doubt on the dowside of his career but he was nasty at one time so its not gonna be an easy fight for either of em. i just think with all the talent n the ufc they dont need to start throwing random "famous" people in the cage to up the ratings...now if they move on to someone like pacman jones, who got kicked out of the nfl because he is retarded and started wrestling just to make enough money to cover his bills, then they would be going a little too far. i think brock has the backround, size, and strength to do some damage even if he never is the champ.

Old 01-28-2008, 04:50 PM
TEN

I am actually pretty excited to see this fight. I'm a huge MMA fan and an huge UFC fan. Let us keep in mind that Lesnar, before going to the WWE was a very accomplished wrestler in his own right. He was a 4 time champion in the college ranks....historicaly wrestlers have done pretty fair in the UFC. Couture, Hughes, and several of the dudes from the Ultimate Fighter series. If lesnar gets into the stand up game a little, which it sounds like he has...and he does the needed cardio to make it thru 3 rounds he may have a good chance of making a pretty good career in the UFC. I agree, he has the background, he has the skills, he has the size and strength. It'll be good to see how his chin is and how he reacts to being clocked a couple of times. That being said, Mir is a very solid competitor...it really depends on which frank Mir enters the ring. it'll be fun to watch...I'm interested.

Old 01-28-2008, 05:28 PM

yeah i think its cool if hes actually been training right and been putting in his time to become more than just a big guy that can wrestle. but it seems that the bigger the ufc gets the more you hear about guys trying to cross over and get a peice of the pie. that could end up making it nothing but a big circus.