Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Bout ****in time! Corbett Signs 'Castle Doctrine' Bill

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011 | 07:19 PM
|
Default Bout ****in time! Corbett Signs 'Castle Doctrine' Bill

The bill, which the Senate enacted last week, would expand the state's "castle doctrine" to allow the right to use a gun or other deadly force in self-defense in situations outside a person's home or business.

Before, it was expected that a person attempt to retreat before using deadly force. Which never made sense to me since I can retreat faster than a bullet can advance

Old 06-28-2011 | 08:16 PM

Pa never really had a firm law about these type of situations. There was the "duty to retreat" law but it was very vague. Gov Randell killed it last year as he is a douchebag. Corbett made it clear that if he has the chance to sign it he will. House and Senate passed it without any problems. i just havent read that he officially signed the paperwork yet.

But this is good bc ive had a knife pulled on me before and i was able to gtfo without being stabbed. now if a knife is pulled on me i can shoot on the spot, no questions asked. and in return, if they survive and attempt to sue me in civil court, if i prevail, im entitled to an award and rewarded lost income. i shoot you and take your money basically.

im so glad im a republican.

Old 06-28-2011 | 08:19 PM

I have been robbed by guys with hammers (yes seriously) and also had a gun pulled on me, though the guy ran off before he could rob me. I will feel much safer when I am allowed to carry here!

Old 06-28-2011 | 08:57 PM
|

Originally Posted by dohcdelsol
Pa never really had a firm law about these type of situations. There was the "duty to retreat" law but it was very vague. Gov Randell killed it last year as he is a douchebag. Corbett made it clear that if he has the chance to sign it he will. House and Senate passed it without any problems. i just havent read that he officially signed the paperwork yet.

But this is good bc ive had a knife pulled on me before and i was able to gtfo without being stabbed. now if a knife is pulled on me i can shoot on the spot, no questions asked. and in return, if they survive and attempt to sue me in civil court, if i prevail, im entitled to an award and rewarded lost income. i shoot you and take your money basically.

im so glad im a republican.
Corbett signed it today Click the quote. It's the article from Fox - Philly's website.

A "duty to retreat" never made any sense to me. Someone is threatening me with lethal force and I have to run from them first, placing me at a tactical disadvantage, before I could defend myself? And people are crying that violence will rise. Why?

Because now the victim doesn't have to run first and hope for an out of shape criminal?

Last edited by Kuroshio; 06-28-2011 at 09:01 PM.
Old 06-28-2011 | 10:01 PM

the only problem to this is the person who pre plans to kill someone and claim self defense, they were being attacked. obviously every situation will be investigated and there are bad ppl out there that will abuse this but for those who do follow the law and are put into a dangerous situation, its comforting knowing i can shoot now out of instant and not be thrown in jail for several years.

Old 06-28-2011 | 10:05 PM

kuro can we as pennsylvania residents get a copy of the legislation in its detail? bc it says that it limits certain civil liabilities for law abidding citizens. im curious to know all the exact details.

Old 06-28-2011 | 10:22 PM
|

Originally Posted by dohcdelsol
kuro can we as pennsylvania residents get a copy of the legislation in its detail? bc it says that it limits certain civil liabilities for law abidding citizens. im curious to know all the exact details.
Pennsylvania House Bill 40

Old 06-29-2011 | 07:25 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer

good, we have that in florida as well.

i never understood the retreat thing...