Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Bored at work

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 12:27 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bored at work

So im bored at work! and bored I was just wondering who else is bored at work and uses this forum to entertain themselves. Im goin to leave a little info on what i do and just rant i guess.

Im in the USAF and its pretty cool. Im a weather forecaster so when nothing is happening my 12 hour shift take DAYS. Especially nights! The space shuttle has landed here tonight. Makes my job a bit more interesting cause the thing cant fly through clouds. Can you belive that? The space shuttle can reach 2000 degrees F on re entry but cant fly through a cloud when being shuttled around. Once it land at an airfield it actually is lifted onto another plane which flys the shuttle back to FL. CRAZY

Anyways i love this forum. Well im done. Tell us about your job whether you like it or not or just rant about your day or anything.

Have a good one!

Old 09-21-2009, 05:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can appreciate being bored at work, had a job with the Post Office in Sydney & about every 3 months or so you rotated into the tech area & your work was to write down all the logs for works completed by the techo's. The job was created because the union insisted on it (strong union in those days), but neither the guys in the tech area nor the bosses really wanted you, but both insisted that someone be there. So it was 8 hours a day for a fortnight of reading comics or crossword puzzles, with lunch break a blessed relief, no one else to talk to, just the hum of machines for company.

Old 09-21-2009, 07:00 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Work for Comcast Cable as a tech. In between jobs I usually scan the forum from my Blackberry (you can tell cause when I type on it 'the' becomes "thee" for some reason).

Though if I get *REALLY* bored with a lot of time on hand I'll drop a line out of my truck to the feed, split it and then run a tv + modem + laptop off my trucks inverter. Hey, it's allowed! We're just "checking the signal quality through live testing"

Old 09-21-2009, 08:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ha well im glad to hear that pacemakers job sounds worse than mine. Sorry. haha and the comcast job would be cool except on down time. I just like to be outside Thats cool that you can run it from your truck! haha

Old 09-22-2009, 10:03 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bored every day at work, I have way too many posts on all my forums ;P