Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Police Misunderstanding.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 12:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Police Misunderstanding.

From Fark:
[blockquote]Man drives wife to hospital for swelling due to allergic reaction to medicine. Fark: On the way, he's mistakenly arrested at gunpoint because police thought he beat her up

http://www.macon.com/543/story/261584.html
[/blockquote]
I know that some people say FTP. Even after the last post I had about the strip search, I still don't think I say FTP. I don't like abuse of power, but in this situation, the police only can go by the information at hand. It's hard for them to know the truth of what is going on. Everything is geared to the perceptions of others.

I was once pulled over by a police officer, who was a little heated. It turns out that he was pissed because he thought I drove down 4 lane highway and then turned into a parking lot and came out the other side and kept going. So, he was pretty pissed off because he thought I was screwing around.

When did happen, was that I was shopping in the complex. And when leaving you have to pull past a second entrance and turn further into the parking lot to get to the exit. His perception of what occured was that he saw my tail lights as I turned further into the parking lot and came out the other side. The fact that I wasn't exactly driving slow, probably caused his mind to interpolate the missing data and give him a sense of truth.

What I'm saying, is that there are always more than one side of every story. Yes, I think the police doing the strip search were wrong and should be punished. But in this situation in the link in this post, I think the dispatcher was the problem and even then I can understand confusion.

Don't be so quick to blame police for everything. They are only human and can only go with the information they have at hand. There job is to deal with people. With each person added to the equation, the more potential things will get confusing. Their jobs are especially stressful and it's not all just about eating donuts. Just because you know your perception of the truth, doesn't mean it's the same as everyone elses.

Old 02-08-2008, 12:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Police Misunderstanding.

Very well writen post and I see your point, but I still say FTP 95% of the time. We are all human andany time there ismore then one human in a situation there's bound to be something F'd up.

Old 02-08-2008, 12:31 PM

There are three sides to every story; my side, your side and the truth.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:26 PM

It's total bull **** that the cops wouldn't listen to the damned kids saying "this is a medical emergency." I'm sorry, but they reacted improperly to the situation at hand no matter what info they were given before. When multiple people say "medical emergency," the reaction of the officer should have changed immediately. I see he filed a complaint. I'd hire a lawyer.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:02 PM
Banned

YOU KNOW, I'M TIRED OF COMING ON TO AN ENTHUSIAST MOTORCYCLE FORUM ONLY TO HAVE EVERY OTHER THREAD BE ABOUT POLICE.

I KNOW THIS IS, "OFF-TOPIC,"BUT IT'S PRETTY SIMPLE TO SEE THAT NONE OF THESE THREADS EVER GO ANYWHERE POSITIVE. EVER. IN LIGHT OF KEEPING THINGS GOOD-NATURED (IF THAT IS THE INTENTION OF THE MODS), WHY DON'T WE LIMIT IT TO ACTUAL DISCUSSION.

IF YOU WANT TO QUESTION THE LAWS AND CONSEQUENCES, FINE. BUT TO SIMPLY THROW UP A LINK ABOUT SOME POLICE MISCONDUCT IS ASOMEWHAT ANTAGONIZING AS THERE ARE MANY MEMBERS HERE WHO HAVE NOT ONLY HAD POSITIVE EXPERIENCES WITH THE POLICE, BUT SOME HAVE BEEN AND SOME ARE GOING TO BE POLICE OFFICERS.

IF YOU WANT TO RESEARCH A STORY, DIG UP THE LEGISLATURE FOR THAT AREA AND COMMENT ON OR ARGUE FACTS, I DON'T KNOW ANYONE WHO WOULD STOP YOU. I WOULD ACTUALLY ENCOURAGE THAT. BUT THE SIMPLE "LINK-AND-BASH" **** IS GETTING OLD.

I'M NOT GONNA SIT HERE AND SAY WE CAN'T TALK ABOUT POLICE (NOT MY PLACE TO DO SO). I DO HOWEVER HAVE THE RIGHT TO EXPRESS MY FRUSTRATION AT A SUBJECT THAT HISTORICALLY AND CONSISTENTLY YEILDS RESENTMENT AND ULTIMATELY AGGRESSION AMONG THE DIVERSE MEMBERSHIP FOUND ON THIS FORUM.

THIS IS THE NICEST WAY I CAN PUT IT. I CAN'T HELP IT. JUST AS POLITICS AND RELIGION HAVE THEIR LIMITS HERE, SO SHOULD THE LAW ENFORCEMENT/MILITARY CRAP - AFTER ALL, I HAVE FAILED TO EVER SEE A STORY ON THE NEWS THAT DIDN'T BOIL DOWN TO POLITICS AND WHETHER OR NOT POLICE WERE JUSTIFIED. THAT'S WHAT WE HAVE COURTS AND LEGAL PRECENDENTS FOR. IT'S POLITICS, PLAIN AND SIMPLE AND UNLESS YOU'RE TRYING TO GET LEGISLATION PASSED OR AT LEAST PROVIDE POSITIVE INPUT TO IT'S CREATION YOU'RE DOING NOTHING MORE THAN STIRRING THE POT.

AM I ALONE IN HOW I FEEL?

I CAN LOG ON TO MSNBC, CNN OR MY LOCAL PAPER.COM TO READ THE LATEST IN LAW ENFORCEMENTS STRUGGLES FOR PURITY. WHY IN THE HELL MUST I READ IT HERE? ESPECIALLY WHEN NOTHING GOOD HAS EVER COME FROM ONE OF THESE THREADS...

[sm=rant.gif]

Old 02-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: sixhundredrr

It's total bull **** that the cops wouldn't listen to the damned kids saying "this is a medical emergency."
SIXHUNDREDRR,

This is a perfect example. I've respected your posts before, but this is exactly what I'm talking about.

What do you think the outcome would be if da po-po's stopped what they were doing everytime someone said, "medical emrgency?" I think you must certainly see where I'm going with this.

This is the problem with these types of threads. People who normally do so well, apparently don't think before they speak.

I'm done here, I really hope the mods can see where I'm coming from. I can't be the only one who feels this way. Enough already.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:10 PM
Banned

P.S.

SIXHUNDREDRR, I'm not attacking you man - just so you know. You're good peeps in my book but I think even you can see how your simple comment embodies my whole point.

Notice I never even opened that thread about the strip searches... again, without even looking at it I can guarantee that the video doesn't show you their encounted with whoever was strip search from the time they made contact. And as long you didn't see/hear the entire incident, from point of contact to final subduement of the individual being stripped, your opinion is in-valid and only shows prejudice.

Old 02-08-2008, 03:28 PM

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

YOU KNOW, I'M TIRED OF COMING ON TO AN ENTHUSIAST MOTORCYCLE FORUM ONLY TO HAVE EVERY OTHER THREAD BE ABOUT POLICE.

I KNOW THIS IS, "OFF-TOPIC,"BUT IT'S PRETTY SIMPLE TO SEE THAT NONE OF THESE THREADS EVER GO ANYWHERE POSITIVE. EVER. IN LIGHT OF KEEPING THINGS GOOD-NATURED (IF THAT IS THE INTENTION OF THE MODS), WHY DON'T WE LIMIT IT TO ACTUAL DISCUSSION.

IF YOU WANT TO QUESTION THE LAWS AND CONSEQUENCES, FINE. BUT TO SIMPLY THROW UP A LINK ABOUT SOME POLICE MISCONDUCT IS ASOMEWHAT ANTAGONIZING AS THERE ARE MANY MEMBERS HERE WHO HAVE NOT ONLY HAD POSITIVE EXPERIENCES WITH THE POLICE, BUT SOME HAVE BEEN AND SOME ARE GOING TO BE POLICE OFFICERS.

IF YOU WANT TO RESEARCH A STORY, DIG UP THE LEGISLATURE FOR THAT AREA AND COMMENT ON OR ARGUE FACTS, I DON'T KNOW ANYONE WHO WOULD STOP YOU. I WOULD ACTUALLY ENCOURAGE THAT. BUT THE SIMPLE "LINK-AND-BASH" **** IS GETTING OLD.

I'M NOT GONNA SIT HERE AND SAY WE CAN'T TALK ABOUT POLICE (NOT MY PLACE TO DO SO). I DO HOWEVER HAVE THE RIGHT TO EXPRESS MY FRUSTRATION AT A SUBJECT THAT HISTORICALLY AND CONSISTENTLY YEILDS RESENTMENT AND ULTIMATELY AGGRESSION AMONG THE DIVERSE MEMBERSHIP FOUND ON THIS FORUM.

THIS IS THE NICEST WAY I CAN PUT IT. I CAN'T HELP IT. JUST AS POLITICS AND RELIGION HAVE THEIR LIMITS HERE, SO SHOULD THE LAW ENFORCEMENT/MILITARY CRAP - AFTER ALL, I HAVE FAILED TO EVER SEE A STORY ON THE NEWS THAT DIDN'T BOIL DOWN TO POLITICS AND WHETHER OR NOT POLICE WERE JUSTIFIED. THAT'S WHAT WE HAVE COURTS AND LEGAL PRECENDENTS FOR. IT'S POLITICS, PLAIN AND SIMPLE AND UNLESS YOU'RE TRYING TO GET LEGISLATION PASSED OR AT LEAST PROVIDE POSITIVE INPUT TO IT'S CREATION YOU'RE DOING NOTHING MORE THAN STIRRING THE POT.

AM I ALONE IN HOW I FEEL?

I CAN LOG ON TO MSNBC, CNN OR MY LOCAL PAPER.COM TO READ THE LATEST IN LAW ENFORCEMENTS STRUGGLES FOR PURITY. WHY IN THE HELL MUST I READ IT HERE? ESPECIALLY WHEN NOTHING GOOD HAS EVER COME FROM ONE OF THESE THREADS...

[sm=rant.gif]
Ok, apparently I've retired my welcome in this forum.

Thank you all for your time. Goodbye.

Old 02-08-2008, 04:27 PM
Banned

I tried to PM you but can't for some reason.

Hey man - I didn't mean to come off so harshly towards you, and I didn't even pay attention that you were a new member! My fault, and I apologize. Please don't go anywhere based on a, "run-in with KidCr3nshaw," lol. Seriously though, I didn't mean to come off like an ***.

If you've been to your share of forums then you probably do know what I'm talking about. And no, I know that wasn't the point of your thread, but no matter what the OP's intentions, police-related threads always end up in the crapper pretty quick. I just feel that unless we're actually discussing the laws themselves (not those who enforce them and their ongoing, "power trips") then the whole topic should just be avoided.

I don't mean to try and sound like a forum ****, again, it isn't my place to call the shots, I just wish that we could all kind of agree that these topics never go anywhere good and only show who the, "FTP," crowd is, which as far as I'm concerned is just as bigoted and hypocritical as those they so violently oppose!

I'm sorry, again. I didn't mean anything to you and I should have looked at your join date. Buddy's?

Old 02-08-2008, 04:35 PM

I have to agree with Kid, 90% of the posts in these topics don't have any real contribution, not even an opinion or agrument other than FTP!

Quick Reply: Police Misunderstanding.