Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: Which one?
Ballistic
16.67%
Sonic
83.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Which boots poll?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 01:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which boots poll?

Can't decide, like em both. Simple joe rocket boots. Let me know which ones your all thinkin would be good. Mostly street riding might need em for a track day.

Option 1 is the Joe Rocket Ballistic
Option 2 is the Joe Rocket Sonic R

Old 08-04-2013, 02:06 PM
June 2013 ROTM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sonic. They are real leather and are waterproof.

Old 08-06-2013, 01:54 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I guess since we're the only people in this thread - I was the vote for the Ballistic. I'd get them because the Sonic boots look to be too focused for the the ride. The Ballistics, on the other hand, look like you could wear them out on the rides where you want to get off and walk around and do other things then just ride.

But I have no experience with either.

Old 08-06-2013, 02:21 PM

No experience with either boot myself... but I feel exactly opposite of Conrice, to me the Sonic R looks a little more "casual" (not much mind you) but like it would be more comfortable on or off the bike.

On a side note... how do boots like these feel at all? I wear Speed & Strength Moment of Truth riding shoes... (like white high tops with no laces) They offer good ankle and toe protection, and definitely pass well for regular shoes, but can get slightly uncomfrotable at the top in the front when I'm in riding position for awhile (like my hour commute to work)

Are higher boots like you are looking at here more comfortable for longer distances? (not trying to hijack... just figured I'd ask since we were on the topic)

Old 08-06-2013, 05:59 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Here's my 2 cents:
I haven't had either.
The sonic boots are what I would choose. They look more comfortable for riding at the top. The angle of the opening is the same style as my boots and I like them. However, the reviews are mixed, but the bad reviews are quality based.

The ballistic looks to be tighter at the top. These may be better for more forward control bikes, but not for our rear sets.

The sonic may be difficult to tuck under pants, they are designed to go over pant. I can get mine under jeans, but it's a bit of work. The ballistic look like it would be hard to get your pants into, but pant over would be a breeze. Which style are you?

Who cares about off bike wear? They are riding boots and are meant to be best while riding. Most race type boots wear out quickly if you walk around in them anyway. The soles are soft and thin for a reason. If off bike wear is a concern, neither of these boots are for you.

Old 08-06-2013, 08:23 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

sonic,
dEF sonic, real leather!!..
just remember these boots are like ice skates, once their broken in, you'll be comfortable and have them for years...
I have lots of gear and I love all my rocket stuff and have never been disappointed with any of their gear...
jay

Old 08-06-2013, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by 74demon
Who cares about off bike wear? They are riding boots and are meant to be best while riding. Most race type boots wear out quickly if you walk around in them anyway. The soles are soft and thin for a reason. If off bike wear is a concern, neither of these boots are for you.
I personally mentioned it because I wear my riding shoes all day when I ride into work... It's easier than carrying extra shoes, or keeping shoes at work... so while it's definitely not as important as riding function, as 74demon correctly points out, it could account for a small percentage of the decision... depends on if your rides sometimes also include destinations other than where you started

Old 08-06-2013, 10:30 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by jmeekman
I personally mentioned it because I wear my riding shoes all day when I ride into work... It's easier than carrying extra shoes, or keeping shoes at work... so while it's definitely not as important as riding function, as 74demon correctly points out, it could account for a small percentage of the decision... depends on if your rides sometimes also include destinations other than where you started
Its not that they can't be worn off the bike, they will just wear out quicker.

Jmeekman, why not keep a pair of shoes at work? That's what I do.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:57 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 74demon

Jmeekman, why not keep a pair of shoes at work? That's what I do.
That's what I do too.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:05 AM

Ok, Ok... geesh! Don't have to brow beat a guy! I'll keep a pair of shoes at work! hehehe

Quick Reply: Which boots poll?