Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Biker cops

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 01:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Biker cops

My respect for them has only increased since buying a bike of my own.

Tonight while I was out cruising, I pulled up to one at a double left turn. After then turn, I get behind him to pass some slow traffic just as someone lane changes right in front of him. Obvious the car didn't see him. Lights went on immediately.

Doubtful the guy got ticketed or anything, unless there was something more going on than just improper lane changes. I'm sure he got a lecture about watching for motorcycles though.

Old 06-06-2010, 01:18 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wait 'till one of the cagers actually hits him..................oooooh
I wanna be there, to see the ticket

Old 06-06-2010, 01:21 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

ugh When I was up in college I had my helmet stolen a week before this story and as a poor college student I couldnt afford another till my next paycheck.

So I picked up my girl at the time on the back without a helmet. Keep in mind this is Texas if your over 21 you dont need a helmet or so I thought.

Long story short im sitting at a red light and i see a bike cop behind and to the right of us 2 cars back in my mirror. "Hey babe, Wave to the cop for me"

Yeah.. that was a mistake as soon as he saw us he had this "WTF!" look in his eyes and signaled me to pull over

Wrote me a ticket for no helmet.. her too and then no insurance cuz I just didnt have it on me

Apparently you have to CARRY proof that you have taken the MSF course or have 10,000 dollars in death & dismemberment insurance AND be over 21 to ride with no helmet. Well I had taken the MSF but I didnt have the card on me. I was pretty livid.

That being said I wanna be a bike cop one day I'm going to pull over EVERY SINGLE PERSON WITHOUT a helmet as payback! I hope they have their stuff on them :P lol

Old 06-06-2010, 07:31 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Shadow
Wait 'till one of the cagers actually hits him..................oooooh
I wanna be there, to see the ticket
Hehe... I wanna see this guy stop someone

UPenn has 2 scooter cops. Very effective against pedestrians but haven't seen them attempt to catch a vehicle yet.

Old 06-06-2010, 09:51 PM

Sadly i've had quite a few bike cop buddies killed when i was living down in aurora some really good riders to, just couldnt get outta the way in time.

Old 06-06-2010, 10:06 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, it's pretty dam dangerous to be on a bike all day... and chasing people around... and responding to calls, etc.

That being said I wanna be a bike cop one day I'm going to pull over EVERY SINGLE PERSON WITHOUT a helmet as payback! I hope they have their stuff on them :P lol
LMAO!!