Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Bike search begins....again

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 08:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike search ended

Bought the bike pictured below

Last edited by bigboi18184; 05-27-2013 at 08:40 PM. Reason: change title
Old 05-20-2013, 10:35 AM

Looking at this one too, it's around 3 hrs away and would have to wait til this sat to go pick it up.

It's an 03 f4i with 6500 miles and never laid down - 6k hid's - fender eliminator - new tires front and back less than 500 miles - yoshi exhaust - he has a power commander being mapped for it and wants 4k with it or 3600 without it. Not wanting a power commander right now so I could get it for 3600 maybe a little less.

Sucks though b/c if i pick it up sat i cant ride it for about two weeks - That Monday would be memorial day....DMV closed and I am out of town all the rest of the week, could get it registered the next Monday but then I'm out of town again until the following Friday.

This all assuming he doesn't sale it before then, he said it isn't listed anywhere for sale -- he had saw my wanted ad. So I am hoping I luck out with it, sounds like a killer deal to me....assuming I can get down there with a truck.

Or he will leave the plates on it I'll get insurance on it and drive it home, talked to him today and he said he would do 3500 without power commander, waiting to hear what time I can meet him pick it up sat morning in my buddy's truck or if he will leave the plates on it for me to drive home.

Looks to be fairly stock and original other than the under-tail, wind screen and exhaust. Hoping to pick it up either this Fri evening and or morning, either way I will be staring at it all this weekend and next if I get it before i can ride it legally.

Last edited by bigboi18184; 05-27-2013 at 08:40 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:37 PM

Talked with the guy about the bike above and I am set to pick up at 10 am sat morning. Then stare at it for two straight weekends before I can get it legal and be home to ride it. Working in Pascagoula MS on a new battleship being built from next Tues through Fri night so no plates/registration for me to ride legally with for awhile.

---

My brother found himself 01 F4i but the guy is crazy high on the price....or at least I think he is.

Been down, has 41k miles but no damage other than fairings from what he say's. Think its worth him making an offer or pass for something else, I think if he can get it cheap enough may be worth it.

Thinking that exhaust needs to be re-worked and braced to the rear pegs. Will need new nose for sure the windscreen holes are broken off - Then sand the rest down and paint. I know most people say 41k miles isn't a lot but this bike looks pretty rough from the pics....I just don't see 2500 in bike.

http://shreveport.craigslist.org/mcy/3817285719.html

Last edited by bigboi18184; 05-21-2013 at 07:35 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by bigboi18184
Talked with the guy about the bike above and I am set to pick up at 10 am sat morning. Then stare at it for two straight weekends before I can get it legal and be home to ride it. Working in Pascagoula MS on a new battleship being built from next Tues through Fri night so no plates/registration for me to ride legally with for awhile.

---

My brother found himself 01 F4i but the guy is crazy high on the price....or at least I think he is.

Been down, has 41k miles but no damage other than fairings from what he say's. Think its worth him making an offer or pass for something else, I think if he can get it cheap enough may be worth it.

Thinking that exhaust needs to be re-worked and braced to the rear pegs. Will need new nose for sure the windscreen holes are broken off - Then sand the rest down and paint. I know most people say 41k miles isn't a lot but this bike looks pretty rough from the pics....I just don't see 2500 in bike.

01 Honda 600 f4i great bike runs good contact me at 3184010631
Looks like you got a great deal on your bike, looks good. Sometimes you find a diamond in the rough. The one your brother is looking at does seem a little steep in price for its condition. I would tell him to be patient because there's always a good deal out there.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Tele1650
Looks like you got a great deal on your bike, looks good. Sometimes you find a diamond in the rough. The one your brother is looking at does seem a little steep in price for its condition. I would tell him to be patient because there's always a good deal out there.
Yea I lucked out on finding this one, I posted a wanted ad and he emailed me telling me what he had. When I saw the pics I just about fell out, looked like a brand new bike other than the Yoshi exhaust. Hoping when I get there Saturday and see it in person it looks just as good.

Needs pretty much nothing that I can see, may cut that exhaust down a little bit to give it some more growl and maybe smaller tail lights or integrated ones.....but those will be winter projects.

Old 05-22-2013, 04:13 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

I haven't ridden the 03-04 RR's, but the 05 and 06 is the same thing and they are very comfortable bikes. The 07+ models are not very comfy over long hauls. That being said I'd take an f4i over a 03-04 RR any day of the week.

Old 05-22-2013, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by boredandstroked
I haven't ridden the 03-04 RR's, but the 05 and 06 is the same thing and they are very comfortable bikes. The 07+ models are not very comfy over long hauls. That being said I'd take an f4i over a 03-04 RR any day of the week.
I decided to go with the F4i figure I had two already that I liked so I would stick with what works. The RR does look good but the F4i looks pretty much new with low miles and almost new tires (500 miles). The chain does look like it needs a cleaning or may just replace it with a new one....I hate cleaning chains and I like the colored ones.

Old 05-22-2013, 06:13 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's a nice looking F4i, man.

Old 05-22-2013, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
That's a nice looking F4i, man.
It will look even better parked in my Den.....a.k.a motorcycle staging area

Will be sure to take more photo's of it when I get it back Saturday and post up anything I find wrong with it. The guy say's it runs as good as it looks, so hopefully will need nothing other than a good cleaning and run through.

Probably change the oil and he is including a set of brake pads so may go ahead and put them on it while I wait to get it registered.

Last edited by bigboi18184; 05-22-2013 at 06:30 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:17 PM

Just for future reference ... I use search tempest when I'm looking for bikes on craigslist. It helps me narrow down and searches any craigslist ads within whatever mileage you choose. Helped me out a lot when I was looking for the perfect 954. Congrats on the new bike though! I loved my f4i.

Quick Reply: Bike search begins....again