Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

BIKE>FAST CAR

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 07:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BIKE>FAST CAR

There is more then one "street legal" car in this country that could be your bike. Sorry. They may be heavily modified, but they will be your bike as it sits.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:25 PM

my buddy in high school had a Pontiac Fiero with a 32v Northstar out of an STS with 200 shot of NOS, it would run mid 9's all day.

was like sitting in a go cart with a rocket on it.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:37 PM

i'm in south FL so near south beach there are a lot of cars that will stick right next to me on my zx11, and that is far from stock, they are out there no doubt, i know of a few evos in south beach who only race bikers couse the other cars are to slow. it also depands on the area you are in, so places if it the "in" thing to have a hoped up car then you get the guys that have cars that look street legal but are far from it. we have no inspections here so alot of people have REALLY mod'd cars here.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:52 PM

ORIGINAL: snowboarding82

Ok so lets say the average price of these cars you're trying to race is $30k. Just say "Well how about I put $20k into my bike so we are on the same playing field as far as money spent and then race you for pink slips." Remind them that you spent 1/2 if not even less than that for your ride and you'll still probably beat them. Then laugh, wave,pee on their car, and ride away. lol Don't really do that. Although back in the day when I wasn't a very nice person we did pee all over the Best Buy Geek Squad VW bugs at a technology meeting when I worked for American TV. We were all wasted and 5 of us thought it was a good idea. It was funny.

Mike
well if you want to play by those rules then while your putting that 20 grand into your bike to "level: the playign field go ahead and swap out you passenger seat for a 1500 pound block..a race between a car and a bike is obviously unfair and the majority of races we alaready know the outcome..but dont think only drivers do that **** to bikes..i have an 01 'maro ss, and atleast once a week a get some jack *** on a bike thattrys to race me..and its usually a gixxer..cuz i mean i dont know if you are privy to this or not..but the gsx-r is the fastest, most bestest bike ever and can beat anything.. even if its a 600..lol..either way their is cars out their that can hang and some that can smoke bikes...its rare depends on the skill of driver and rider...i got a lil nifty story for you about 2 yrs ago i was riding my 01 zx7r... and an sti comes up to me on the freeway and starts ****ing with me..so i give bang 4th and take off..he catches me in i'd say an 8th of a mile or so...and proceeds to BLOW by me..i was pissed never did i think a car could beat me..anyways i ended up seeing the guy ****ing with his car outside his house about a week later so i stopped and talked to him..he assured me i shouldnt feel bad..for the mere fact that he had 20k under his hood...not including tranny or suspension..and the car is street legal...so there out there...

Old 03-11-2008, 09:16 PM

There is a very fast civic aroound town that has a cage and stripped interior now we are speaking relative here. It may not be ferrari fast but it is probably running mid 11's and fully streetable. Last summer I was by him at a light where a lot of bikes are and the guys in front of me on bikes started making fun of him because he was revving at them and asked them to run for fun. The biker simply said you are in a car and I'm on a bike so I'm not going to waste the gas embarrasing you.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:31 PM
RCR

Very few cars will beat you and I doubt there the ones egging you into a race.

When I get challenged at a light, I look over rev the engine with em, get in the racing position and when the light turns green I just take off normaly as there giving it all they got. Most of the time I will meet them at the next light and let them go agian and I will pass em on one wheel (depending on traffic and area).

My buddies 67 Chevelle runs mid 11's on a good day and I give him a head start and still pass him before Im out of third.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:40 PM

You all have very valid points. I have never seen a car even come close to me. My buddy has a Honda Del Sol with a supercharger and a shot of NOS as well, and he couldnt keep up. We then proceeded to go neck and neck at 60 mph, and then take off. He hit the nos at about 75, and twisting my throttle in 3rd through 5th, I kept up easy, and then passed him. Dont sit here and tell me that I am full of $hit, because I've ran with some pretty fast cars before, and not 1 of them came close.

Old 03-11-2008, 10:45 PM

The older I get the slower I become...

when I was 18 I would race (in the cage) til about 148 mph. then If I hadnt won by then I would let off.

In my mid 20's till about120.

Now I barely hit triple digits, and never racing anyone.

going over 90 is for the track (which i love to do) but on the street Its just too damn risky.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:23 AM

True that. You have to make sure that its an open road before doing anything stupid.

Quick Reply: BIKE>FAST CAR