Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Bike + cop car =..................

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bike + cop car =..................

ORIGINAL: crashkhanman
I read in a mag. that the crown vicswere governed(sp) at 129mphs.
That is incorrect, i have been in crown vics(as a passenger ) at speeds over 140mph, trying to catch up to a jetta that blew our doors off at 115 while we were going the other way, by the time we got turned around and up to speed we couldnt even see the taillights. Our camero has been in a pursuit where he hit 155, and the fastest crown vic was a 145 and topping out (of course the deputy weighed about 325 pounds).

Old 12-11-2007, 05:01 PM

I've been following this story for a month or two now.

AFAIK, the Watauga P.D. never had the reputation of ********* before this happened. It really was a quiet, sort of a nothing little town
between Fort Worth proper, Haltom City (******** galore there), and the upscale town of Keller, (cool cops, unless you are a DWI dumbass, then they'll rip you a new one and deservedly so).

Throwing a girl from a bike by ramming 3,000 lbs. of metal into a bike on purpose is inexcusable for any reason.

And so far, the only "reason" given so far for even attempting the stop in the first place has been sketchy.

I'm not bashing or taking up for either side here...

Even though this happened in Watauga, the P.D. of N.R.H. is the one doing most of the investigating, which is strange in itself as NRH is simply another suburb of Fort Worth.

And one that is roughly 7-10 miles away from the city of Watauga.

Tragic, stupid, and strange.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:11 PM

ORIGINAL: bmg velocity
Even though this happened in Watauga, the P.D. of N.R.H. is the one doing most of the investigating, which is strange in itself as NRH is simply another suburb of Fort Worth.

The intersection where the impact occurred (Chapman and Rufe Snow) is actually in the City of North Richland Hills. Rufe Snow is the boundary - everything east (and the road) is NRH.

Need to get theTexas Rangers involved.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:19 PM

ORIGINAL: randyjoy

ORIGINAL: bmg velocity

The intersection where the impact occurred (Chapman and Rufe Snow) is actually in the City of North Richland Hills. Rufe Snow is the boundary - everything east (and the road) is NRH.

Need to get theTexas Rangers involved.
Ahh I see. I should have mapped the exact location. (Doh!)

I think the case will simply slip away like so many do to be honest.

Every minute, another crime is commited.

By both sides seems like these days.

Oh..the humanity.[]

Old 12-11-2007, 07:31 PM

It is still odd that NRH is investigating. Up here in good 'ole Wise County, any accident involving a squad car/patrol unit is investigated by the Highway Patrol and the local Texas Ranger could get involved if there is an injury (such as this case). Anytime there is a questionable use of force issue, the departmentgets the District Attorney investigators and/or the Texas Rangers.

If you investigate your own department, if you say all was well, it just smells of coverup, whether it is or not.

Don't want to thread hijack, but bmg - PM me, did you get your new bike? I'm doing the Big Toy Run Sunday...

Old 12-11-2007, 07:31 PM

you gota take care of your passanger ... run without one, fine... run with one, your an idiot. and idk about the officers actions... probly should not have tried to block the lane... and deff not try to pull out in front of the bike.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:11 AM

ORIGINAL: Asmittie84

It's one thing to run from the cops. Especially on fairly empty straight roads like that. But if you have a passenger be a F'n man and pull over or let the person off and do your running thing by yourself.

Thankfully in my county we have a "No-Chase" policy. Where the only reason a cop can get into a chase(Wether highspeed or low speed) with anything is if you have a warrant for your arrest for violent crimes such as Rape, Robbery, Murder, Assault, etc. Not for running a red light and taking off.
Ya we have the same thing in my county but they still chase you if you run cause the think thay are all "heroes" Thats why my "Elluding Police" charge is being dropped. HAHAHA, I dont care if you flame me. Flame on

Old 12-12-2007, 05:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, what was the cop thinking! He should have shot the dumba$$.

Old 12-15-2007, 11:40 PM

From the Ft Worth Star Telegram, 12/14/07:

Watauga police could face criminal charges

The Watauga Department of Public Safety is being investigated by the Tarrant County District Attorney's office over its handling of a collision between a patrol car and a motorcycle in August.
The officers involved could face criminal charges.
-- Melissa Vargas

Source[/align][/align]

Full Article

Old 12-16-2007, 06:48 AM

ORIGINAL: demonchild

ORIGINAL: randyjoy

Simple answer: The use of deadly force is not justified underTexas lawto stop a traffic violator. Officer was wrong. If it was OK, he wouldn't have been suspended for 60 days; wouldn't be surprised if additional charges/lawsuits come about.
wrong. The biker showed willful disregard for the safety of other people or property. In most states this is considered reckless driving, a misdemeanor punishable by jail time and/or a massive fine. In california it is an offense that stays on your record for 10 years.

The cop probably should not have done what he did. The key work is probably. However, in the heat of the moment, the cop probably thought that even the biggest jackass would stop the bike if he saw red and blue lights blocking his direction of travel.
Let me just say...you are wrong and have no idea who you are arguing with.