Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Biggest cager surprise?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 05:55 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Biggest cager surprise?

Okay twice now in two weeks this has happened: I make a turn onto a 1 lane, one way street and find a ****ing car coming at me! Today the a$$hat was doing about 15 mph in reverse down the entire length of the block. Making turns onto streets, I expect to find a car parked in the middle of the street just outside LOS. Here in Philadelphia, the place to have a 10 minute conversation is in the middle of the street

But having cars come at me on a one way street is just wrongwrongwrong! So how have the drivers surprised you?

Oh and the a$$hat aforementioned got pissed when I cussed him out. After getting all my e-braking and emergency swerving practice in for the week

Old 05-20-2010, 06:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bro, our down town is full of one way streets and ive lost count of the steering wheel holders that cant figure it out, i try and be cool about it and do a quick brite lite flash, but usually they already know they f****d up...

Old 05-20-2010, 06:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

These guys are intentionally driving the wrong way down the street. Today's idiot was trying to nab a parking spot at the beginning of the street (where I turned in)

Old 05-20-2010, 07:57 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was sitting in a CVS parking lot once.... just waiting my turn to get out of there.... and some bish started backing out of a parking space right at me. She was looking in her rear-view and didn't even see me. I punched her car and almost dropped the bike trying to get out of her way. Luckily she stopped or she woulda broken my leg.

But yeah, you gotta watch those blind side-streets.... whether one-way or not. Idiots are everywhere.

I also hate the fact that the sun is at my back every morning and evening going to and from work. (west/east)
If someone is turning left in front of me from the other direction, I slow WAY down and check mirrors for the rear threat. Several times I've had people turn in front of me because they can't see and I've had to dart or brake HARD.

Old 05-21-2010, 03:56 AM
Official Welcome Crew Redneck

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
I was sitting in a CVS parking lot once.... just waiting my turn to get out of there.... and some bish started backing out of a parking space right at me. She was looking in her rear-view and didn't even see me. I punched her car and almost dropped the bike trying to get out of her way. Luckily she stopped or she woulda broken my leg.

But yeah, you gotta watch those blind side-streets.... whether one-way or not. Idiots are everywhere.

I also hate the fact that the sun is at my back every morning and evening going to and from work. (west/east)
If someone is turning left in front of me from the other direction, I slow WAY down and check mirrors for the rear threat. Several times I've had people turn in front of me because they can't see and I've had to dart or brake HARD.

I know EXACTLY what you mean.... i wasnt fast enough....lol

Old 05-21-2010, 09:42 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know EXACTLY what you mean.... i wasnt fast enough....lol
Yeah, man...that sucks.
Thing is... it's just a matter of time for any of us. (as much as I hate to admit it.)
All it takes is one time going a little too fast, or not paying attention for a couple seconds, or thinking "they see me.....they're not gonna turn."

Old 05-21-2010, 07:58 PM

I guess there is truth in the old "there are two types of motorcycle riders" saying