Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Best way to ship plastics

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 07:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best way to ship plastics

I was wondering if some of you could help me out. I'm trying to figure out the best way to ship my f2 plastics.As of now, I'mgoing to wrap them all up (sending the two lowers and tail pieces) in thick bubble wrap, then wrap in brown paper. Sound good? Who is my best option? Post office? DHL? I've shipped a fair amount of parts in the last few months, but these are especially akward and unusual as far as shape goes. Can anyone give me an estimite on cost? Any other suggestions?

Old 02-22-2008, 08:16 AM
Default RE: Best way to ship plastics

I can't give you a cost estimate... but I would go to a fed ex or ups and wrap them in bubble wrap then stick them in a box. The box will prevent them from flexing or getting crushed.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:33 AM

+1 . If you go to a UPS they have the bubble wrap and box's there (for a cost of course)

i recently shipped some stuff and i went to a few stores in my area and asked for some empty box's. everyone was more then happy to let me look through and see if any were good for what i needed. I have bubble wrap that i bought at office max (i think)

I would use at least newspaers to wrap the fairings and fill in any empty space in the box with loosley crumpled newspaper.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:50 AM

ORIGINAL: NY Erion929

+1 . If you go to a UPS they have the bubble wrap and box's there (for a cost of course)

i recently shipped some stuff and i went to a few stores in my area and asked for some empty box's. everyone was more then happy to let me look through and see if any were good for what i needed. I have bubble wrap that i bought at office max (i think)

I would use at least newspaers to wrap the fairings and fill in any empty space in the box with loosley crumpled newspaper.
This is what I would normally do, but I am having trouble finding a box that will fit the plastics, hence the brown paper.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:25 AM

if you can wait untill tuesday i will show you picsof the fairings i ordered and how they come shipped from honda.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:14 AM

ORIGINAL: OKIEZAC

if you can wait untill tuesday i will show you picsof the fairings i ordered and how they come shipped from honda.
Send him the empty box's

Old 02-22-2008, 11:29 AM

PAck all the fairings, except the upper and tail in one box, and then the uper and tail in their own. When I shipped mine they were about $220. sucked but they were big boxes.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:39 AM

ORIGINAL: NY Erion929

ORIGINAL: OKIEZAC

Send him the empty box's
sorry.. im packing the fairings i am selling right in there after taking the white ones out.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:16 PM

ORIGINAL: D2DGraphix_600RR

PAck all the fairings, except the upper and tail in one box, and then the uper and tail in their own. When I shipped mine they were about $220. sucked but they were big boxes.
I don't have uppers, just lowers and tail pieces. $220 to send? Seriously?! I sold the damn things for $235. I hope it doesn't cost more than $50.

Old 02-22-2008, 02:41 PM

im shipping a full set of fairings for less than $75 parcel post.. i will show you how they are packed.

Quick Reply: Best way to ship plastics