Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Best way to listen to your music in helmet?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 02:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I rarely listen to music whilst riding, I either find it a distraction or I can't hear it over the noise of the bike and the wind. Besides I like listening to the engine anyway!

Old 09-18-2012, 09:39 AM
Official Junior Possum Member

Me and a buddy split the cost and bought the Scala Rider Q2 from Cycle gear when it was on sale for $300.00

It was definitely worth the price. I like riding with music when it's a longer ride and I'm able to relax a bit. It can be as loud as you want, to the point where it drowns out anything else.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:53 AM

I have a Sena SMH10 and i love it. great for music/calls/texting/ talking to passenger or group riders. even usefull with GPS or Radar. pretty much anything thats blutooth. id reccomend..... also if you wanna save a few $ there is the smaller version:SMH5 with most of the same features just less battery life and a shorter range. and its under 100 bucks!

Old 09-19-2012, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by lewisF4i
I have a Sena SMH10 and i love it. great for music/calls/texting/ talking to passenger or group riders. even usefull with GPS or Radar. pretty much anything thats blutooth. id reccomend..... also if you wanna save a few $ there is the smaller version:SMH5 with most of the same features just less battery life and a shorter range. and its under 100 bucks!

I can't agree more, it's so worth what I paid. I highly recommend it.

Old 09-20-2012, 12:46 AM
August 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by chute
I use the Sena SMH10 with the earbud bracket and have my earbuds wired through my helmet. I love it, I can listen to music via bluetooth, answer phone calls, skip songs, turn the volume up and down. Best $170 I've ever spent, everyone here uses chatterboxes but I can honestly say that the sena out performs it by far.
I love Sena SMH10 too and the sound is awesome too

Old 09-20-2012, 12:48 AM
August 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by lewisF4i
also if you wanna save a few $ there is the smaller version:SMH5 with most of the same features just less battery life and a shorter range. and its under 100 bucks!
I wouldn't recommend SMH5. If you ever pair up with another rider, it won't work too well because of the distance. You can use it just to talk to your passenger

Old 09-21-2012, 01:05 PM

I use the Uclear system it is very affective. Plays music loud and I can answer phone calls just by saying hello. I picked it up on sale at Cycle Gear and I recommend it to anyone who likes to listen to music while riding. It still allows you to hear your bike and any emergency vehicles coming.
I was doing well over the speed limit while on the phone and the wife couldn't hear any of the wind noise at all. Also as the wind noise rising in the helmet the sound on the speakers will increase slightly.
Again well worth the $179.99 I spent on it.

Old 09-28-2012, 09:23 PM

I have a set of noise canceling sony earbuds, with the volume set low, I can hear what is going on around me and enjoy the music. I shake up my play list pretty regularly so changing songs really is not an issue to me.
I like the controls on the sony earbuds, but honestly I have never used them while I am moving.

Old 10-01-2012, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by estate4life
Hey member, just wondering how you guy listen to music when riding? I've tried using a head set with my iPhone/IPod...but it's so difficult to change song or adjust volume with riding gloves on...I would be listening to same song over and over again...Unless I manage to stop and manually switch songs...I do, am able to take in-calls though...
My solution is a scala rider g4 Bluetooth headset, an android (or iPhone/iPod) running either Pandora (endless music) or Google play (my library). my android sits in the middle of my bars held by a ram mount aqua box. The box is waterproof and has a see through vinyl top which lets you operate the phone. The scala Bluetooth has controls as well for the volume, play, previous, next etc. it also has FM so if i get tired of my music i can always get FM. The sound is great even at highway speeds and the stereo speakers fit very comfortably in the helmet. I have no problems managing the buttons with gloves on either.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:23 AM

SMH10 here too. I love this product.

Quick Reply: Best way to listen to your music in helmet?