Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Best Helmet

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 10:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Helmet

I'm looking to buy a new helmet before riding season hits. I'm looking for quality that is reasonably priced (if there is such a thing). Maybe ICON or SHOEI? Any input will be appreciated.

Old 02-21-2007, 10:35 PM
Default RE: Best Helmet

do a search, theres a ton of discussio on this topic
________
YZR500

Last edited by Brandon77; 04-09-2011 at 04:42 AM.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:35 PM

Some people like Icon, personally, I dont. I, as well as a few buds, have had bad expeiences with them. If you go under the Riding Gear Section, you may get feedback there too. Personally, I like KBC Helmets, just a personal opinion. Also, I like Fulmer too. The have been around a while, but havent build a great deal of rep up, but I think they are very good, and VERY reasonably priced.

For a "high" end helmet, Suomy helmets are the most comfortable to me. Good Luck

But to me, any helmet is as good as the next when its rated the same (DOT/SNELL). So from there on, its the name and the weight. IMO atleast.

Old 02-21-2007, 10:38 PM
VP

shoei and arai are the most expensive ... but they're too pricey for most people and honestly they aren't really worth the extra money if you don't care about the name... I have HJC they have lids raning from 150 to 400 you just have to find your sweet spot... mine was right at 200 and I love it wouldn't pay too much less than 170 for a cap though cuz then you get cheepy stuff that doesn't vent well or weighs a lot

Old 02-21-2007, 11:08 PM

Careful when looking for a dot/snell approved. I found out that some claim to be but are not. I think snell has a list of approved helmets on their website.

Old 02-21-2007, 11:14 PM
Retired Moderator

Try a KBC... http://www.kbc-helmet.com/I love mine! The only problem is, asking which is the best helmet is way too general of a question. Good luck with your search. I'm sure you will have too much research to do before the season starts.

Old 02-21-2007, 11:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on shoei and arai = good.
+1 onIcon = not good
I had an Icon and the face shieldflips up doing a head check at higher speeds.
Make sureyou try it onand make sure you havea good/tight comfortable fit.
Last thing you want to do is leave your brain bucket athome justbeacuse it's too uncomfortable.
Try on different ones to see what is comfortable eachmanufacturer fits slightly different.
All are good if DOT/SNELL approved. IMHO It's worth paying extra on a good lid, this is something you do not want to skimp on.

Old 02-21-2007, 11:22 PM

Don't listen to the lies. They are everywhere. Buy an Arai Rx-7 Corsair. Get an Arai or die. It's the only way to save your soul. ARAI, ARAI, ARAI!!!!!!

Old 02-22-2007, 01:29 AM
Banned

I got a shoei rf-1000 (arai doest fit my head as well)and a cheap HJC. The differences seem to be in how the faceshield works as well as ventilation and overall 'feel'. I honestly can't say which will save your skull better, but if 'feel' of all the little bits and pieces don't really matter to you, then I gotta agree with everyone else, get a DOT/SNELL approved lid that fits you wellfrom a name you trust.

Old 02-22-2007, 01:29 AM

Icons are great helmets, as long as you never crash in them...

I like Scorpion, the new Exo-1000 should be awesome, but the Exo-700 is a great helmet for a great price

Arai, Suomy, Shoei, AGV, etc are imo the top quality helmets

the most important thing is to get something that fits properly and you feel safe in

Quick Reply: Best Helmet