Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Which is the best gaming system?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008 | 11:33 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Default RE: Which is the best gaming system?

^ yes you can, i have a pc hooked to my 65" dlp, looks great. However that is not a vote for pc

Old 05-01-2008 | 11:34 AM

game gear > PoS3 [8D]

Old 05-01-2008 | 02:19 PM

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

^ Bah a warm towel and its cured. I dont see how a pc can be called a game system if you cant hook upa guitar to it and jam with friends all nite.

The towel trick is bs. It doesnt fix it.

You can hook up the usb 360 guitar.
They actually have a pc only game coming out where you can hook up a real guitar and it will teach you, more like GH though.

ORIGINAL: oakasrtheshiz

ps3 smokes the 360..with out a doubt..not only is it the only system that is full 1080P hd (which the 360 is not capable of) it also plays blu ray which incase you havent heard won the war..hd dvd is a format that will no longer be produced not the microsoft could hook you up by letting you be able to play hd dvd's nooooo...you gotta spend another 100 bucks.. i guess that doesnt really factor into playability of games..by the way play station network..DOES NOT cost anything...
BR did not win the war, they paid off the judges. And to make a point, the war is not over, BR still has to beat standard DVDs and downloadable content. I wouldn't be surprised if media disappeared all together in the future.

Old 05-01-2008 | 02:21 PM

this is the reason i don't play so much...lol. disturbing!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z1vuiy9IVo

Old 05-01-2008 | 03:25 PM

ORIGINAL: oakasrtheshiz

ps3 smokes the 360..with out a doubt..not only is it the only system that is full 1080P hd (which the 360 is not capable of) it also plays blu ray which incase you havent heard won the war..hd dvd is a format that will no longer be produced not the microsoft could hook you up by letting you be able to play hd dvd's nooooo...you gotta spend another 100 bucks.. i guess that doesnt really factor into playability of games..by the way play station network..DOES NOT cost anything...
hey mr shiz - i know this has been quoted a few times already but i'm bored so i thought i would quote you again.

1) xbox does support 1080p - http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/xbox360/hdtv.htm
2) there are over 500 hd dvd's on the market, and since they are no longer being produced, can get picked up for $10 or less if you know where to look. blu-ray's are around $30 (netflix also carries HD-dvd's so it's going to be a good few years until they are useless / obsolete)
3) the hd-dvd player is $50, not 100
4) you are correct, a movie is not a game.
5) you are also correct that the play station network does not cost anything, however, it also currently sucks. I have a ps3 and an xbox 360, and the live service which is $50/year (boo hoo - i spend damn near triple that on gas every month) is FAR superior. The addition of "home" will be interesting for ps3, but we are all still waiting on that.

I still say 360 is the way to go, the ps3 has potential - but the 360 is much more enjoyable right now.

Also - PC gaming is the ultimate when it comes to graphics, but for convenience I like console gaming more.

Old 05-01-2008 | 03:42 PM

PC because I dont have to pay to play online.

COUGHXBOXLIVECOUGHWIIDOESNTHAVEONLINECOUGHPS3ISGAY INTHEFIRSTPLACECOUGH

Old 05-01-2008 | 04:42 PM

/\/\ Bless you.

Old 05-01-2008 | 05:49 PM

What I find funny is 95% of 360 owners have no problem bashing the PS3, but they have a PS2 sitting right next to their 360.

I do not own any of the new consoles. I chose to get back into pc gaming. So when I post, you're reading a non-biased/non-fanboyism post.

Sony had a ****ty launch. So bad they had to get rid of one of the PS3 models (stupid they had that many) and the base model is almost down to the regular 360.Still nothing exciting has come out for the PS3 other than a special copy of Linux that is being made for the PS3.

M$ had a great launch but ****ed people over with a dieing console. Guess they didnt learn from their first xbox seeing how they had to go thru 3 completely different models before they actually used decent parts. Games are gollar now, but "good" games are slowing down. M$ accessories are expensive but luckly 3rd parties are cheaper (if not better) and you can use some pc stuff with the 360.

The Wii had a slow start but that was becuase they could make them fast enough and well, they didnt ship enough to the states. The Wii is kicking both 360's and PS3's *** in sales and that is so funny cause everyone talks about graphics this and graphics that when a simple low power console is out selling them. Why???? Cause nintendo concentrates on "FUN", yes fun. Something that a lot of console and game makers dont know much about anymore. If you're playing a game and you're not having fun, then its not a game. Its a homework assignment.

Now comes movies. I think its one of the dumbest things to have a console play movies. That's what movie players are for.Take that **** out and drop the price.

Old 05-01-2008 | 08:10 PM
|
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: Kikepiz

this is the reason i don't play so much...lol. disturbing!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z1vuiy9IVo
Dude...that is the funniest **** I have ever seen!!! I almost died watching it. I had to give myself chest compression against the couch. Stupid little bastard kid crying about getting killed, and the dog says, "I'm gonna get a piece tonight..."

Old 05-01-2008 | 08:34 PM

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

Now comes movies. I think its one of the dumbest things to have a console play movies. That's what movie players are for.Take that **** out and drop the price.
that is the best point made in this whole thread. And with that, you completely destroy the PS3s argument for why its better kudos to you...360 FTW

Quick Reply: Which is the best gaming system?