Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Which is the best gaming system?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008 | 10:43 PM
Default RE: Which is the best gaming system?

I'll go ahead and throw this out cause I'm sure someone is gonna say that pc's are expensive blah blah.

1. Not every pc gamer buys new hardware the second it comes out. Thats just rich people.

2. We dont have to buy a whole new $500 - $800 console when new technology comes out.

3. When a new game comes out and our pc cant handle it. Its usually just the vid card that needs to be updated. Thats the hardware that's pumping out the muscle. Cpu's and ram can be overclocked if need be. Hell my Q6600 is a year old or so and its considered outdated but I can overclock that bitch 1.5 times its original speed (2.4GHz to 3.6GHz = 1.2GHz oc'd) and its not even breaking a sweat.

Old 04-30-2008 | 10:45 PM

Yeah, I'll admit that consoles can be more fun at times, but I'm a graphics guy, and there is nothing that can come close to a PC when it comes to graphics.
A guy I work with thought that there was no way it was better than a PS3, so I sat his *** down infront of my PC, opened up Crysis, and had his mind changed in 20 seconds.

Old 04-30-2008 | 10:46 PM

I voted wii. Because it has the most fun games. Everyone has a good time when they play the wii. It doesn't have the best graphics, but it has the best gameplay. If only Nintendo regulated there game makers there wouldn't be such a high bad game to good game ratio. I mean anyone who wants to make a game for the wii can. It's especially awesome when having the wii and the party is winding down. Everyonewants to play and can!

Old 04-30-2008 | 10:56 PM
|
Retired Moderator

I used to think the Wii was gay, even though I have never played it. If I could, however, I would buy one for the absolute "party fun" factor of it. I have Rock Band for the 360 and it is priceless at BBQ's and gatherings. I would love to be able to put on bowling, or tennis, or whatever...talk about fun!

Old 04-30-2008 | 10:58 PM
Banned

Rock Band...drunkeness...parties

That has made my PS3 entirely worth it.

Old 04-30-2008 | 11:02 PM

ORIGINAL: shoortbuss

Nothing like playing drunken metallica.

Old 04-30-2008 | 11:04 PM
|
Retired Moderator

Enlightof your recent post, I had to copy a recent response of minein another thread...

"Xbox 360 will show up at your house at 3 am withexpensive prostitutesand cocaine. 360 will take you out on the town and get you into the best clubs, introduce you to senators and playmates, and also pick up the bill for all the drinks. Then, Xbox 360 will say, "Let's go get a bite". 360 will proceed to take you to the best restaurant in town (you know...the one it takes six months to get a reservation for), get in on the fly, and tell you to order anything on the menu because it is on him. Thank you Xbox 360 for teaching me howto fight, change my oil, raise my kids, treat older people with respect,run faster, build a dog house, satisfy my wife, make my ***** larger, cure cancer, catch a huge steelhead, and always find the G-spot.

P.S. Iheard PS3 got a new job...he is the guy that cleans up random spewdom in the sex booths atadult shops...but he has a fancy mop andnew rubber gloves."

Old 04-30-2008 | 11:09 PM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

Enlightof your recent post, I had to copy a recent response of minein another thread...

"Xbox 360 will show up at your house at 3 am withexpensive prostitutesand cocaine. 360 will take you out on the town and get you into the best clubs, introduce you to senators and playmates, and also pick up the bill for all the drinks. Then, Xbox 360 will say, "Let's go get a bite". 360 will proceed to take you to the best restaurant in town (you know...the one it takes six months to get a reservation for), get in on the fly, and tell you to order anything on the menu because it is on him. Thank you Xbox 360 for teaching me howto fight, change my oil, raise my kids, treat older people with respect,run faster, build a dog house, satisfy my wife, make my ***** larger, cure cancer, catch a huge steelhead, and always find the G-spot.

P.S. Iheard PS3 got a new job...he is the guy that cleans up random spewdom in the sex booths atadult shops...but he has a fancy mop andnew rubber gloves."

How can it teach you to cure cancer when it has its own un-treatable cancer.

Old 04-30-2008 | 11:29 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

^ Bah a warm towel and its cured. I dont see how a pc can be called a game system if you cant hook upa guitar to it and jam with friends all nite.

Old 04-30-2008 | 11:38 PM

ps3 smokes the 360..with out a doubt..not only is it the only system that is full 1080P hd (which the 360 is not capable of) it also plays blu ray which incase you havent heard won the war..hd dvd is a format that will no longer be produced not the microsoft could hook you up by letting you be able to play hd dvd's nooooo...you gotta spend another 100 bucks.. i guess that doesnt really factor into playability of games..by the way play station network..DOES NOT cost anything...

Quick Reply: Which is the best gaming system?