Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Being Chased on my CBR600!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 04:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Being Chased on my CBR600!

I Was just wondering if it's at all possible for me too out run a Police Cruser in canada on my 1993 CBR600? Is this at all possible...? The reason Im asking is because a couple people around my area own motorcycles and they are telling me to never stop for the police no matter what.... I would like some imput please ( I DONT KNOW IF I AGREE) & thank you. Frank.

Old 12-10-2006, 04:57 PM
Default RE: Being Chased on my CBR600!

If you dont feel safe doing it, you shouldnt be doing it...
Why put YOUR LIFE in the hands of your friends (who don't sound too smart) and members of this forum???

Old 12-10-2006, 05:00 PM

I Agree 100%, This is my first bike. Iv had different feed back from different people. This one friend of mine seems too think the police cars arnt too quick... i disagree.. anyways.. I'll be playing by the rules for the first couple years i think.. or at least until im more experenced.

Old 12-10-2006, 05:07 PM

think about it this way even though ya you should be able to outrun a cop.Are you willing to go to jail for a long time??Repeat that question in your head and decide if it's worth running

Old 12-10-2006, 05:11 PM

True enough.. It's not worth it when put like that. Thank you.. do you know much about winter care?? would u reply too this link please if you have any imput
https://cbrforum.com/m_202126/tm.htm

Old 12-10-2006, 05:22 PM

If you dont get away from the cop in under a minute youre not gonna get away no matter how fast your bike is. Cant outrun the radio.

Old 12-10-2006, 05:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To quote Dirty Harry..."Do you feel lucky..."

It's SO against you, to run... screw how fast the car is, they have RADIOS in canada, 'eh. And multiple squad cars, w/ said radios???
These guys chase people profesionaly, w/ stratigys, back up, pitting/ takeout manuvers... and guns. Fight or flite, is not the time to think clearly... on eather side of the coin. Do you have exp. in evasive motrcycle riding, running cops, that have the DUTY/ability/choice, to stop you... dead or alive.

Now lets talk odds... clear road surface, no animals, road kill is slick!!!!!! debris unknown, oil, antifreeze. Are your tires great(just ok, isn't good enough) Tire preasure, chain lubed and adjusted, jacket buttonend up for a 140 blast???, are you tired, been drinking, freaking out oncoming traffic, was this traffic, tired or drinking???. Bike cold, wet road, scared, pissed off, following a "rabbit" friend," maybe your a better rider... maybe he/you crash, keeping up(trying). Did you mean to put your /cops /friends/ traffic everyones life in peril??? Did you think about it... especialy, at the moment of flite. Are you willing to go to prison for vehicular manslaughter... or live w/ the knowledge, you might have influenced the situation/ friend/ all involved, w/ a LIFE / DEATH, split second decision...

I would like to just say, You need different "friends"(GOOD IDEA), but the truth is... IT's ALL YOUR CHOICE... no matter who, you hang w/. Lemmings don't last long, on the road, or the real world.

Hope this post saves your life. Clean and free Ripp'n

Old 12-10-2006, 06:06 PM

mmmmmmmmm winter storage. ya I ride all winter hehehehe.Love florida

Old 12-10-2006, 06:22 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

.. got to figure this out on your own.. in general it's a dumb idea because if you get caught and unless you are lucky and a very good rider you will get caught.. you get in big trouble and really not worth it for the little 170 dollar ticket that you would have just gotten for that wheelie or going to fast.. so depends on situation.. person.. time.. location.. and brains.. you figure it out

Old 12-10-2006, 06:40 PM

i think u got enough .. so no need to add more on all what the other guys had said ... but man going to jail is very very hard .. being away from ur loved one sucks.. so stay away from troubles and be safe ..

Quick Reply: Being Chased on my CBR600!