Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ban motorcycles?

Old 06-24-2011, 12:50 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ban motorcycles?

I don't normally like to cross-post links from other forums I frequent since most of you are on multiple forums as well, but this one deserves some more angry rabble-rabbling.

Auto Erotica: It¿s time to ban the motorcycle - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Old 06-24-2011, 01:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

obviously doesnt ride and has no understanding of the freedom and joy riding brings people. everytime i get on my bike im well aware of the risk involved and would gladly die happy atop my bike vs dieing of old age. **** some silly reporter. ill ride till i die

Old 06-24-2011, 02:12 AM
August 2011 ROTM

just dumb ever since when government is so concern and care about our feeling, pain and happiness??/

Old 06-24-2011, 02:30 AM

sadly this FREE country we live in is not gonna free too much longer... People are working to ban everything these days. smoking (which is already done in most cites) among many many others. I personally think the word FREEDOM means freedom to chose what you want in life, and live life how you want to. NOT Freedom to do whatever you want with very little choices that are gave to you.

If you ban motorcycles, why not ban hamburgers? they do more damage than anything eles, heart disease is the number one killer in this country.

I think if someone wants to jump off a bridge, then by all means it is there right to do so. Not that I would want them too. But hey if its what they want then its there choice and there god given right.

Old 06-24-2011, 06:31 AM

Interesting - the article states that the motorcycle fatality rate is 72 fatalities for every 100,000 users vs 14 for every 100,000 for cars. Frankly those both seem low to me, however if that's true then i'm surprised bikes aren't higher.

Especially with all those no helmet states (Florida being one of them I might add).

I just got back from Miami and was shocked to see all the freakin morons riding around with no helmets. It just pains me to see. I did see one guy in a tshirt, shorts... and a helmet. All I could think of was......

Name:  f781de4a.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  35.7 KB

Old 06-24-2011, 06:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No matter what, your always going to have someone or even a group of someones bemoaning the fate of someone else. All the while putting it under the umbrella that is for their own good/public safety/its costings us millions.
We had a retard in in our state government that sort to have the bicycle/riders gain improvements for getting around the city & in suburbia, good one, but the guy was a rabid hater of anything with a motor, especially motorcycles. Took the same stand, even wheeling out those photo's of us bad riders giving the finger to speed camera's (or popping mono's) you know the ones, god knows which country they ever originated from.
The same steel fist on a velvet glove mentality has been applied to smoking for years, to the point that, here at least, ash trays are now an "optional accessory" in a lot of cars. These same people are now turning their gaze towards alcohol.
Don't get wrong, I know that smoking is bad, but then again, eating to much junk food is or just the wrong food, being overweight/underweight, god knows how many people die every year from related diseases. Anyway, what I'm getting to here is that what you or I do that may be considered risky is our own bloody business. Not some introvert goody, goody, pushing their own agenda, with a myopic view of reality.
My reaction to stories like that, if statistic's show that in accidents between motorcycles & cars, that there is a higher percentage of bike riders being injured because of it. Then its time to ban the car.

Old 06-24-2011, 06:42 AM

soooo when its 110° out we should still all ride in full gear?? i frequently ride in shorts and a tshirt and still sweat my *** off. however i never ride in sandels and always wear a helmet and wont ride with anyone not wearing a helmet.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by itlnF4I
soooo when its 110° out we should still all ride in full gear?? i frequently ride in shorts and a tshirt and still sweat my *** off. however i never ride in sandels and always wear a helmet and wont ride with anyone not wearing a helmet.

Dude are you trying to open a can of worms on a whole different topic? Look around this forum and the general consensus is "I would rather sweat a little then bleed a lot." However, you control you and make your own decisions just ride safe.

On Topic:
This won't happen. This is just some reporter being butt-hurt and looking for attention. I wouldn't even waste time worrying about it. If it does ever go through then I guess I'm going to be an outlaw just like a lot of other people I know.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by itlnF4I
soooo when its 110° out we should still all ride in full gear??
Yes.

God forbid you ever go down, skin graphs are not fun I imagine.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:11 AM
2011 Ride of the Year

well, ive been riding for short few months with just over 1k miles and i already had 2 people hit me. as a matter of fact yesterday i almost got rear ended by some stupid lady who wasnt paying attansion, she had to lock her wheels to stop. but im on my bike today again, thats my choice and no one should take it away.

stay safe fellow riders

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ban motorcycles?