Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Bad psychology terms

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 07:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bad psychology terms

[align=left]Mezmer's Dictionary of Bad Psychology. (http://flowstate.homestead.com/dictionary.html)

An amusing spin of psychological terms. My boss was and may still be, big on Emotional Intelligence, So I found this one quite amusing:
[/align][blockquote][align=left]
Emotional Intelligence:
A type of intelligence, common among angry housewives, who combine emotions and intelligence as they berate their unemotional and witless husbands for not listening, not taking out the garbage, etc. [/align][align=left]
[/align]Emotional intelligence quotients of EQ's are also commonly handed out to ninnies who score low on IQ tests, thus making more than enough intelligence to go around.[/blockquote]
Though, this one kind of goes in lines with my belief of the current ADHD phenomenon.
[blockquote]ADHD: Neurological disorder discovered by drug companies, who recognized that the need for rough and tumble play by pre-adolescents represents in fact a horrible disease that is coincidentally treatable by their concoctions. Successfully treated ADHD sufferers (i.e., 12 year old boys) can reenter society as self-satisfied drones who will sit idly with remote control in hand and thus be prepared to enter the adult world. (see Simpson, Homer)
[/blockquote]Did you know they used to treat ADHD with a procedure called an transorbital lobatomy? You put the ice pick in, you put the ice pick out, you put the ice pick in and you shake it all about... You can read and listen (MP3 download) to Howard Dully's Journey to discover the grisly details of his experience with this procedure on NPR (link w/ pics) He actually turned out pretty good compared to Anita Welch who you will also hear in the MP3. Definitely worth a listen.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bad psychology terms

in my day,they treated adhd with a good spanking.we didnt have any of them columbine type retards when i was growing up because we knew our teachers,our principles and our parents had belts and switches ready for us.