Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Bad News

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 07:52 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad News

One of the local dealerships is getting MV Agustas, I kinda dig the 910 Brutale. Nothing good can come from this, it'll play out one ofthree ways.

1) I'll go look atit, then buy it and it'll be a let down.
2) I'll go look at it and then not want it (like the Ducati Hypermotard, liked it until I got near it).
3)Do nothingandcontinue towant a HD Nightster (sportster)or a Victory 8ball and keep the F4i because it is awesome.

The problem is my F4i does everything I want it to do, I have three cars and the bike, I work out of my house(trade stocks and stuff), shopping and the gym are less than 3 miles away and I still put 9200 miles on my 06 F4i.

So maybe I'll **** away another $11grand and then get something I really wanted (MV Brutale)and have it suck for a bunch of reasonsand realize my F4i is what I really want and it is already paid for and probably more reliable than a MV, plus it's got a few scratches on it so I really don't have to worry about it like a brand new italian exotic.

Also, I don't need/want more power, I don't want a bike I have to wash and shine (HD, 8ball), I don't care about having an exotic bike to show off, I just want a new bike because I may be just a spoiled brat that doesn't have anything else to do.

Don't feel bad for me, other than this situation, life has been good lately.

Old 10-17-2007, 07:58 AM
Default RE: Bad News

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

One of the local dealerships is getting MV Agustas, I kinda dig the 910 Brutale. Nothing good can come from this, it'll play out one ofthree ways.

1) I'll go look atit, then buy it and it'll be a let down.
2) I'll go look at it and then not want it (like the Ducati Hypermotard, liked it until I got near it).
3)Do nothingandcontinue towant a HD Nightster (sportster)or a Victory 8ball and keep the F4i because it is awesome.

The problem is my F4i does everything I want it to do, I have three cars and the bike, I work out of my house(trade stocks and stuff), shopping and the gym are less than 3 miles away and I still put 9200 miles on my 06 F4i.

So maybe I'll **** away another $11grand and then get something I really wanted (MV Brutale)and have it suck for a bunch of reasonsand realize my F4i is what I really want and it is already paid for and probably more reliable than a MV, plus it's got a few scratches on it so I really don't have to worry about it like a brand new italian exotic.

Also, I don't need/want more power, I don't want a bike I have to wash and shine (HD, 8ball), I don't care about having an exotic bike to show off, I just want a new bike because I may be just a spoiled brat that doesn't have anything else to do.

Don't feel bad for me, other than this situation, life has been good lately.

wurd!

yeah i say if youre going to dump big bucks and just want a new "toy" check out the bimota tesi 2d
ummmm.........that thing is the most insane production sports bike ever built....i have no idea if you can even buy them in the u.s....but its worth some looking into...

[IMG]local://upfiles/20875/2FF01C6E6B5A462B87D968D4CD27357F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-17-2007, 08:01 AM

Yep, it's a tough life...
Hell, as long as you can afford it, why not go for it? I'm due for a new bike next season (keeping my F2 for sure though). I'm torn between an RC51, a VFR Interceptor, or a Triumph Street Triple.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:42 AM
Banned

+1 on the Street Triple. I was in Daytona last month whenI looked at Ducatis I looked at the 675Triple. The Triumph is very nice looking in person.

As far as the Bimota, I do most of the easy maintenance on my bike, but I'd be afraid to even know what it costs to own a real exotic, maybe a $3000 set of clutches and $800 rotors? who knows.

The other thing is I don't use the bike like a 'toy', I use it like a verysmall car...stacking up groceries on it, strapping a fishing pole on it to go to the beach, it is fun, but it really has been useful to own especially with $3 gas.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:47 AM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

As far as the Bimota, I do most of the easy maintenance on my bike, but I'd be afraid to even know what it costs to own a real exotic, maybe a $3000 set of clutches and $800 rotors? who knows.

hahahah you think the clutch will only run ya 3g's?!? dont bother looking at it! hehehe
i cant REALLY afford it.....but im still looking for one...ha im stupid and young though....

Old 10-17-2007, 08:55 AM

+1 to strapping fishing poles to bikes. How can you beat that combo?

Old 10-17-2007, 09:10 AM

ORIGINAL: Donohu40

+1 to strapping fishing poles to bikes. How can you beat that combo?
ever thought about stainless flushmount rod holders?!?
maybe a leaning post and a livewell? heheh

Old 10-17-2007, 10:13 AM
Banned

maybe a leaning post and a livewell? heheh
I go the beach and dig up 'sand fleas' and use them for bait. I just let go what I catch when I am on the bike. No livewell needed.

Old 10-17-2007, 10:20 AM
VP

Hey fishfryerI want to do what you do!

If you've got the means then go ahead. Get it! So what if you hate it? You buy and sell stocks all the time, if you sell it and lose a couple grand just buy and sell more stocks . People who ride MVs do it because they can afford to, not because it's worth spending the extra cash on it.

Have you seen a Brutale in person? It is truly a sensational bike. Seriously, just typing that makes the hair stand up on my neck.

Old 10-17-2007, 10:34 AM
Banned

Have you seen a Brutale in person?
I was in the Hamptons last summer and saw one. Didn't know what it was until I read it on the side. It really was very nice. As far as losing a couple of thou on stocks, it is diffferent because you write it off against a gain, and you buy a stock with the intention of making money, and you usually know it will go up, but you don't know by how much.

With a car or bike it is almost always a loss and you know it from the start and it sucks. Maybe if there was a one in ten of that bike going up in value I wouldn't be such a ***** about it, but I really and truly hate losing money. It hurts me. This is my dilemma, I can afford it, but then it becomes a habit of buying every little thing when I want it without really keeping in mind the big picture. And if you are wondering what my big picture is, it is the freedom to be mobile. To live anywhere in the world at any time and be comfortable knowing that I'll never starve or have too many trappings of normal society.

Quick Reply: Bad News