Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

bad day

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 07:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad day

first i wake up with a nasty hangover form last night and decided to skip classes cause i looked like $hit and felt like it too. so I wake up this morning bout 9am take the dog outside and i see my bike there looking gorgeous, so i go back to sleep and then bout 30 min later some dude knocks on my door and tells me.."Hey your bike is in the ground" so i was like "WHAT" and i look at my bike and see it in the ground on the right side, it has frame sliders so the only thing broken was the right mirror and my heart and to top it off when i pick it up, my back tire was flat so i go to the store and get a fix-a-flat bottle and see the hole it has a a GLASS inside of it...took it to the shop today and it i'll be ready tomorrow....AHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH HHHHHHHHHHHHH, just needed to get that out, cause i cant ride it right now,,,,,oh and how good is a tire when its patched up, do i need to buy another one?

Old 10-11-2007, 07:34 PM
Default RE: bad day

I've heard with vulcanized patches it should last like a regular tire. The harley guy across the street said him and a friend were on a trip. Friend gets a hole the size for 4 plugs to fit in it. They have to re-plug it ever so often till they made it back in town. The guy got it patched and my neighbor said he rode with it till it was worn.

I have a newish back tire that has a nail in it. I need to patch it. Sucks to pay $130 for a tire just cuase they wont patch it. [:@]

Old 10-11-2007, 07:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats your life you're taking a risk with...buy a new tire...you're on 2 wheels, and thats the last place i'd wanna be if "maybe" my tire was good...

Old 10-11-2007, 07:42 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

you can be fine on a patched tire but ive heard NEVER to put fix a flat in motorcycle tires .. i think it has something to do with balance

Old 10-11-2007, 07:44 PM

If its a "slash", then I'd probably get a new tire. If its a "hole" like my nail, then I'd patch it.

Old 10-11-2007, 07:46 PM
Friend and Hero ...

I have seen tires patched and rode on, but I personally would not do this it is your life and it is only two wheels as it has already been stated I think your life is worth more than the price ofa tire

Old 10-11-2007, 08:05 PM

I know friends that have ridden with 3 plugs (innner insert mushroom type) in their tires. I have run a single plug before till it went to the cords. The issue at hand is most tires are spun with a single cord. It really boils down to comfort/confidence unless you want to get into calculation debates with some about density of compound multiplied by temparature changes of the tire.

I only know this because I stayed at a holiday inn express last night. lol. j/k.

I think mythbusters should do a show on this. lol.

Old 10-11-2007, 11:17 PM
Retired Moderator

Your contact point on each tire is about the size of a credit card, if I understand correctly. That is nothing to f_ck with as far as I am concerned. I got abolt inmy rear tire and bought a new rear tire...I also bought a new front to match. I chose not to take ANY chances...I would encourage you to do the same. $300 vs. your life...easy choice.

Old 10-11-2007, 11:42 PM

ive been riding on a plugged tire for 3 months now and havent had a single problem. If its a newer tire i would plug it.

Old 10-12-2007, 12:13 AM

Just fill it up with jello. Red is the best.