Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Back when getting drunk was fun.

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 12:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back when getting drunk was fun.

So I am sitting here, drinking a beer and watching that 70s show and they are getting drunk. which made me think of when I was in high school and could have fun just being drunk. I still have fun sometimes when I drink, but its not the same at all. When you are a kid it seems so much more fun and exciting, I miss that a lot. it makes me want to grab a liqueur bottle and get hammered just for the hell of it, and it makes me sad that its not enjoyable as it once was.

just figured i would share this thought and see what your take is on it.

Old 02-12-2009, 03:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to enjoy my week-end booze up, get together with friends at a pub or wine bar or tavern....After they brought in the Random Breast, sorry, Breath Testing, it made going out for a night (especially the designated driver) a bit tedious. Went through a stage of getting together at home (theirs or ours) & stay over. I still like to have a drink, but its usually only a couple (mostly, I am after all Australian). You don't have get pissed to have a good time, its just a mind set, when your pissed, its like your brain is giving you permission to let loose, which is not really the case.
You don't have to be drunk to enjoy riding your bike, so other pastimes are the same.
Don't make the mistake of getting drunk just to cut loose, alcohol is last thing you need to depend on.

Old 02-12-2009, 08:16 AM

I think drinking before I turned of age was the best.. It was more exciting i think because it seemed like we were older than we really were and it was more exciting to break the rules and just be drunk. Now its just expensive at times and not worth the night of okay fun for the morning of misery

Old 02-12-2009, 08:30 AM

i throughly enjoy drinking maybe because its as you said im underage, and most of my military friends get in and we get hammered disassemble guns and put them to gather and play all kinds of stupid ****! ha ha

Old 02-12-2009, 09:33 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I remember my senior year in high school there were a group of us that would go out to camp like 2-3 days a week and just get hammered, party all night, and somehow make it to school the next morning either still drunk or extremely hung over. Like six said getting drunk underage was more fun than it is now, and actually its more dangerous now. You can legally go drink and then be dumb enough to get in your car at the end of the night...

If I could do it over again senior year would definately be awesome to re-live. Having a good time, partying, being with your friends...Those were the days

Old 02-12-2009, 09:36 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

I enjoyed drinking until I turned 21 then I stopped, /shrug I'd rather get laid sober and not throw up on a girl.

Old 02-12-2009, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by RojerLockless
I enjoyed drinking until I turned 21 then I stopped, /shrug I'd rather get laid sober and not throw up on a girl.

0_o gross bro,, lol learn to hold that shiat in! ha ha ha

Old 02-12-2009, 03:30 PM

nah, I totally agree with him, drunk sex kinda sucks, even when you don't throw up on a girl.

Old 02-12-2009, 06:14 PM

drinking was deff more fun underage, we would do the same as dj600rr and go camping or stay at a friends house while parents were out of town/drinking with us and just get ****ty and go in to school wanting to die. but i would do it all over again too without a doubt.

since i just turned 21 drinking has not lost all of its flavor to me yet, i still go out usually once a week sometimes twice and drink, sometimes i get hammered and sometimes i just have a few, it all depends on who what when where why

Old 02-12-2009, 08:29 PM

xmas is the same way. it was so awesome back in the day

Quick Reply: Back when getting drunk was fun.