Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Baby Dodge Viper

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 05:18 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Baby Dodge Viper

What kind of powerplant does it have? If they are letting it be called the "baby Viper" it better be some huge, over-the-top motor.
I think I would prefer a Honda S2000... unless Dodge offers the Demon with a Hemi-powered SRT package!! That would be HOT!!
So far, a base engine (2.4 liter, 172hp) is all that's been "confirmed" if built. (keep in mind, that's a tad more than the Miata has).

More exciting news is the 2.4 Turbo that's been "possibly confirmed" as the "HOT" engine option. The same engine as in the new Caliber SRT-4 breathing in at 300 hp and 296 lb-ft torque. (With a car this light, this thing will haul!)

.......and I called it the baby Viper just because it looks like one.

chrysler actually already made a baby viper that never went into production (saw it at the AJC car show) called the Chyrsler Firepower... it was 425 HP so if they go through with the milkshake it should have at least that much...
The Firepower was the sister to the Viper, not a baby. It wasn't smaller, it just had a 6.1 HEMI V8 instead of the 8.3 V10. Same underpinnings as the Viper though. This just looks like a smaller, tamer version of the Viper. (hense......baby Viper).

BTW the 08 Viper WILL have 600 HP and Corvette WILL release the BlueDevil Z06 with at least 600 HP
And on that Corvette business.......(being I'm a Dodge man looking for a fight, lol).......it's just going to be yet another "version" of the current Corvette. A true sportscar doesn't have "versions" to accomodate midlife-crisis 50 year old men wanting automatics to casually cruise to the golf course every Sunday.

The Viper is just that. A Viper. Only 1 600hp engine, only 1 "true" 6-speed manual gearbox, nothing less. A Viper is NOT a daily commuter, which is what makes it a TRUE sportscar.

(alright, bring it on Chevy fans! - I dare ya.)

Old 02-21-2007, 10:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't have to dare me. Just like the Ferrari, Porsche, etc,is another version of it's ancestors. The Corvette has stood the test of time and you can't have mine. Oh, by the why, I have been itching to toss this to the Mopar guys. They reinvent the "Charger" name and bring it out in a 4 dr.? For who? Balding, pot bellies? Sheezzzzz Ahhh, the Firepower is a detuned Viper? A Z06 Corvette is what to the other Corvette's? Sounds like your singing the same song except they sell more Corvettes than the Viper/Firepower. Maybe not because it is better or worse, but because of history, tradition, baseball, apple pie thing called the American dream.

Old 02-21-2007, 11:55 AM

All I know is I am buying the Challenger when it comes out!

Old 02-21-2007, 02:34 PM

ORIGINAL: D2MEclipseGT_600RR

Looks like a Mazda Front End, Eclipse Sides, G35 Roof, and the TT rear to me.
dont insult mazda like that, that is deffiantly an ugly dodge front end

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

they should call it the Dodge Milkshake
haha....+1 on that

Old 02-21-2007, 02:44 PM
VP

ORIGINAL: Dave K

Don't have to dare me. Just like the Ferrari, Porsche, etc,is another version of it's ancestors. The Corvette has stood the test of time and you can't have mine. Oh, by the why, I have been itching to toss this to the Mopar guys. They reinvent the "Charger" name and bring it out in a 4 dr.? For who? Balding, pot bellies? Sheezzzzz Ahhh, the Firepower is a detuned Viper? A Z06 Corvette is what to the other Corvette's? Sounds like your singing the same song except they sell more Corvettes than the Viper/Firepower. Maybe not because it is better or worse, but because of history, tradition, baseball, apple pie thing called the American dream.
[sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=smiley32.gif][sm=smiley32.gif][sm=smiley32.gif]
Dave don't take this the wrong way but I freakin love you man you hit the nail right on the head.

Who cares if the Viper is a purebread sportscar, it still gets its *** handed to it by the Z06 every time, not to mention the Corvette is a better track car and a better street car than the Viper. So what, you'll get your "snake bite" license plates but the only one seeing them will be you when you pull up in the garage after another loss to the Zed!

Old 02-21-2007, 05:32 PM

Got my vision back....!!! I can see the baby viper !!! no more red nice car man good find.