Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Vespas

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 04:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vespas

so i was riding down venice blvd, and then i met up with two other riders, one on an old yamaha and another on a gixxer, anyways we're cruising alot and finally stop at a light. Waves and nods go all around as usual and out of no where, a guy on a vespa rolls up to the stop. So i nod to him as well and then i look over at the 2 other guys on sportbikes, they're looking at the guy on the vespa like hes retarded. Do i sense some 2 wheeled discrimination

Old 02-18-2007, 05:11 PM
Default RE: Vespas

Whatever is fun for ya. I have an 05 Honda Metro, that thing is a blast, super comfy, does 40 (speed limmit anywhere arounf my place is 35 anyway) it's a hoot to ride, no gears, just twist and go, perfect for a quick run to the store, 100MPG!!Full coverage is 120.00 a year. It's just plain fun. I can get to work just as fast on it as I can my 1KRR (not risking tickets of course). My buddies come over for Barbeques and they always wanna ride it.

Old 02-18-2007, 05:46 PM
Retired Moderator

I would have to count myself among those descriminators. I just think it looks weak and pathetic for a man to be on one. I think the same thing when I see a man driving a new Beetle. Don't Shocktroop about the moped/wussy thing...he's got a wicked arsenal!

Old 02-18-2007, 06:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I did courier work in Sydney, back in the late 60's/early 70's, I rode a Lambretta scooter, the city cops used to ride Vespas, When you don't have to worry about speed (like in a city) their the best fun you can have on two wheels. Chuck a mono, no problem. Rev the crap out of it, & throw it in gear, up you go.
Would still beat cars at the lights, hit a pot hole and the front wheel would disappear down one compress the suspension then throw you up of the seat a bout three feet in the air, great stuff. I don't have a problem with wot ever a man/women rides, as long as their enjoying themselves who cares. Over the years there has always been those who want to crap on other bikes. Truimphs vs Nortons, European vs Anything else, Harley vs Jap bikes & Jap bikes vs a different brand jap bike. The mine is bigger/better than yours thing is redundant, there is always someone out there with a bigger & better kit. I've seem many a "Dude" on the latest and greatest, get burnt by a smaller older machine in the twisties, because they have the experience, but mainly cause they have bigger set of Ta Ta's.

Old 02-18-2007, 07:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Shocktroop

Whatever is fun for ya. I have an 05 Honda Metro, that thing is a blast, super comfy, does 40 (speed limmit anywhere arounf my place is 35 anyway) it's a hoot to ride, no gears, just twist and go, perfect for a quick run to the store, 100MPG!!Full coverage is 120.00 a year. It's just plain fun. I can get to work just as fast on it as I can my 1KRR (not risking tickets of course). My buddies come over for Barbeques and they always wanna ride it.
i used to have an 05 Metro too and i will admit it was a freakin' blast to ride! Shocktroop i agree with everything you said about it... perfect for trips to the store, etc. and what about the storage space under the seat.. HUGE!! lol... kinda wish i never sold it.

Old 02-18-2007, 10:38 PM

I used to fit a 12pk under the seat and one on the foot-boards...AWESOME! Just so easy and care free, you could corner over wet, nasy graveled roads like it was cool, didn't have to worry about sliding out the tire under power so on. The range is just down the road, for a quick shoot, I'll put my G3 in a blackhawk rifle bag and hit the range. I'm sure that was a sight, dude on a scooter with an H&K G3 or whatever on his back...of course you couldn't see it, coulda been a guitar in a weird case. Guys at the range thought it was funny.

Old 02-18-2007, 10:41 PM

My buddy had an aprillia scooter...we used to mob the hell out of it all over town.
It was funny to see a 5'9" 180lb pilot with a 6'4" 240lb rider on the back of a bottomed out scooter...great times...

Old 02-18-2007, 10:57 PM

I ususally throw a hand out to scooter riders.
But if they don't wave back, I am usually the one feeling like a jack @$$for some reason.
I think most do not expect a wave.

They are Lots-O-Fun in a small package.

Old 02-18-2007, 10:58 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

I would have to count myself among those descriminators. I just think it looks weak and pathetic for a man to be on one. I think the same thing when I see a man driving a new Beetle. Don't Shocktroop about the moped/wussy thing...he's got a wicked arsenal!
It's fun and all to poke fun at people who have those in a jokingly manner, but to actually admit that you personally degrade others just because they choose to ride a scooter rather than a big "makes-a-man-out-of-you" sportbike is pretty ignorant reasoning. Just my view on the matter though.

Old 02-18-2007, 11:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

It's fun and all to poke fun at people who have those in a jokingly manner, but to actually admit that you personally degrade others just because they choose to ride a scooter rather than a big "makes-a-man-out-of-you" sportbike is pretty ignorant reasoning. Just my view on the matter though.
RIGHT ON MAN! Plus, my metro is good for the enviroment, saves baby seals and flowers...all that stuff. lol