Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Audiophiles Unite!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 12:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audiophiles Unite!

I was just curious who here is also a nuts for home theater systems? Post pics of your set up. With the upcomming winter I decided to redo my home theater systemits not the greatest stuff but done a budget it all sounds amazing. Currently I'm using my new 50in Plasma from LG, got a great deal on that from NFM. Also using a Harmon Kardon AVR 320 that hooked to SDAT floor speakers a JBL center channel, and a small set of kenwood surround speakers. To get that low bass I got a PBX 12.1 powered subwoofer. This system although put together cheaply sounds amazing compared to my old home theater in a box set up.

Name:  AVR320.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  21.2 KB

Name:  pbx_121.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  14.8 KB

Old 10-05-2007, 12:21 PM
Default RE: Audiophiles Unite!

Samsung DLP 56'
Samsung 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers using HDMI
Xbox 360 Elite

Old 10-05-2007, 12:52 PM
Registered Users

got a 51" Sony SXRD LCoS with 7.1 Onkyo 1000 watt receiver, samsung upscaling DVD player, xbox 360, wii, mutlimedia PC hooked to tv via xbox or direct connect piping 4000+ songs to the onkyo....and a bunch of other puter set up stuff....

Old 10-05-2007, 03:52 PM

I really don't like any of the sound I've heard from the home theater in a box for music. For movies they sound fine to me (only heard Onkyo though) but I prefer 2 channel (2.1 since my speakers suck) for everyting else. Everyhting I have now is either a hand me down or I bought for real cheap. I am kicking my self for not buying a pair of Infinity SM155's for $200 when my roommate bought his bike.

Old 10-05-2007, 05:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Harmon Kardon pre amp/tuner, Harmon Kardon amps, Yamaha decks, ADC studio EQ, Infinity studio monitor speakers. This house freaking RUMBLES when I want it to!

Old 10-05-2007, 07:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sony 50" GrandWega HD LCD, Denon AVR3800 Recever, PS3 Blue Ray, Definitive Technology monitors with a 15" DT sub.
RB

Old 10-06-2007, 03:53 AM
Retired Moderator

YEAH! Just the thread I jack ooof.uh, I mean, look forward to.

This is going to take a while.........

I live with 3 other roommates, and all of us are rather home theater nuts when it comes to TV's, stereos, speakers, etc. etc. So with that being said, here's the list.

MY BEDROOM:
- 40" Sony V2500 series 1080p LCD HDTV
- Yamaha 5650 Receiver
- Klipsch Quintet III Speaker System
- Yamaha 150-Watt Subwoofer
- Xbox 360 Elite
- Xbox 360 HD DVD Player
- Comcast HD-DVR
- Nintendo 64
- Nintendo Gamecube
- Sony Playstation 2

ROOMMATE #1 BEDROOM:
- 50" Panasonic 1080p Plasma HDTV
- Comcast HD Receiver
- Toshiba Up-Convertion DVD Player

ROOMMATE #2 BEDROOM:
- 32" Toshiba 720p LCD HDTV
- Playstation 2
- Comcast HD Reciever

ROOMMATE #3 BEDROOM:
- 37" LG 720p LCD HDTV
- Sony Up-Convertion DVD Player
- Comcast HD Receiver

NOW FOR THE AWESOME STUFF..............

LIVING ROOM (Home Theater):
- 46" Samsung 1080p LCD HDTV
- Yamaha 5650 Receiver
- Comcast HD-DVR
- Playstation 3
- Playstation 2
- Xbox 360 Elite
- Toshiba A30 HD DVD Player
- Klipsch Quintet III Speaker System
- Klipsch 10" 450-Watt BASH Amplified Subwoofer

WHAT WAS JUST ORDERED EARLIER TODAY..............

This, my HT nerdy friends, is the Klipsch RF-63 Home Theater System. I just ordered it today under employee accommodations through my work. It's a fire breathing, chest pounding BEAST of a system that is supposed to set me back a whopping $5,294. Let's just say my accommodation through Klipsch is MUCH better and I didn't pay more than $900 for the entire system. (The only thing worth working at Best Buy for........employee accommodations) [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 10-06-2007, 05:49 AM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

YEAH! Just the thread I jack ooof.uh, I mean, look forward to.

Not only are you sending yourself blind, but your going to go deaf as well (and you probably end up with hair growing on the palm of your right hand)

Old 10-06-2007, 06:43 PM

I worked at Best Buy myself and their is no way in hell you are getting all that for $900. You can't even get 3 12inch powered Klispch subwoofers to $900 much less a $5000 + system. I hate to say it but i'm calling BS.

Old 10-07-2007, 04:26 AM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: Triax

I worked at Best Buy myself and their is no way in hell you are getting all that for $900. You can't even get 3 12inch powered Klispch subwoofers to $900 much less a $5000 + system. I hate to say it but i'm calling BS.
It's not the "employee discount" I talking about (where you would be correct in you calling BS on the $900 price), but it's a KLIPSCH ACCOMMODATION. You fill out an accommodation form FROM Klipsch TO Best Buy employees and fax it to Klipsch directly with a managers signature proving your employment. They will then send you a form either by fax or mail to choose what you want to purchase. The grand total of my purchase was $912 and Klipsch pays for shipping. You don't take product from the store, you have it sent to you from Klipsch directly (since it's Klipsch's accommodation to Best Buy) Best Buy has NOTHING to do with the accommodation pricing, it's a "gift" from Klipsch to BBY Employees. Not many employees know about it because it's rather hidden deep in the employee toolkit system.

If you still worked at Best Buy, you would find it under the ETK toolkit under the "Benefits and Accommodations" link, followed by a few more links to click on..........now, what is BS?

Quick Reply: Audiophiles Unite!