Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ate alive by Vette

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 07:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Ate alive by Vette

There is no bike

Old 11-22-2008, 07:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: WhiteKnite

ORIGINAL: Gsxr_eater
My bike does not have stock gearing..The guy i bought it from did a few mods..and idk he wanted to race
That makes the story even more unbelievable. Changing the gearing to the point where you would drop it to 3rd at 65 would mean you would top out at like 140, lol
The stock speedo doesn't work that way, gearing downjust increases the indicated speed error.

There is nothing unbelievable about this story. Squidly? Absolutely. Impossible? No.

Old 11-22-2008, 08:15 PM

ORIGINAL: SD2007

The stock speedo doesn't work that way, gearing downjust increases the indicated speed error.

There is nothing unbelievable about this story. Squidly? Absolutely. Impossible? No.
Gearing reduces the top speed, no way it would do 177+

Old 11-22-2008, 08:28 PM

ORIGINAL: TheX

Right, butyou're talking aboutactual speed. GSXR_eater is reporting the indicated speed, whichis derived from the RPM of the countershaft.

Old 11-23-2008, 07:03 AM
June 2009 ROTM

ORIGINAL: TheX

Right, butyou're talking aboutactual speed. GSXR_eater is reporting the indicated speed, whichis derived from the RPM of the countershaft.
Ok that is a good point, kind of assumed a speedo healer would beused, but if not itcould explain why the vette ws riding his *** too. Probably wondering why the dude on the thou' was cruising the interstate at 11pm with no cars at 45 lol.

Anyway i guess it could be possible when you put it that way.

EDIT: Wait, that would still make his original reason for dropping it into third wrong since then at an indicated 65 he would be going slower and still not be in the powerband when dropping it down, lol

Old 11-23-2008, 10:31 AM

ORIGINAL: CBRclassic

ORIGINAL: trainedkilla

ORIGINAL: Starleak
I wouldn't of bought a 1000rr if I wanted to go slow. I bought a fast bike so I can, uh, go fast?!
Not safe, yeah, your right.
Illegal, yup, right again.
Retarded kid stuff, oh yeah, right again.
Do I still do it, yup
+1
I'm with you brother.
What ? did you both take an extra dumb **** pills today ?
hellllllllllllllllloooo...any one home up their !! ?

my point was not whether you ride bloody fast ...but that you do not crap on about roaring around public roads on this forum ... ok ..

No no no... My bad, must of left that part out. Forgot to write it at bottom is all. I only ride 'bloody' fast on closed courses

Old 11-23-2008, 10:55 AM

ORIGINAL: WhiteKnite

Ok that is a good point, kind of assumed a speedo healer would beused, but if not itcould explain why the vette ws riding his *** too. Probably wondering why the dude on the thou' was cruising the interstate at 11pm with no cars at 45 lol.

Anyway i guess it could be possible when you put it that way.
My '07 has about a 6-7% speedo error with stock gearing, if I went -1 front and +2 rear, the error would increase to nearly 20%. Without a speedo healer an indicated 177 would be148 MPH actual speed. I don't know what Gsxr_eater hasfor a setup, but that's one scenario.

Old 11-23-2008, 11:02 AM

If he's on here bragging about speeds without a speedo-healer that's even worse. We all know how our speedos work here. He stated a speed, I guess that was just another fantasy.

Again, there is no bike.

Old 11-23-2008, 11:20 AM

...same syntax and BS as blkout15... agreed there is no bike. edited to correct typo

Old 11-23-2008, 01:02 PM

^^ Actually I looked and found a thread where both pretend-riders posted. So unless one person made two profiles and posted in the same place...

But we already have a gixxereater on board anyway, who really has a bike, even if he doesn't eat Suzukis.

What a funny thread this is. I swear the admins are just playing another prank lol. No one in real life pretends to have a bike that goes 177MPH! ahahahahaHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Ate alive by Vette