Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ate alive by Vette

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 05:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ate alive by Vette

Never been beat by a vette before but i have never tried to race with my r6. I have never been beat on my busa or cbr.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:07 PM

one thing is that you are already rolling, so it is easier for a 4wheeler to "beat" you. a MC gets a huge advantage from stop as the power to weight ratio is a giant advantage.

Old 11-21-2008, 03:12 AM
February 2009 ROTM

Isnt this same guy scared because he got new tires put on? On highway can go 177 and not be ? Sounds like a squid to me can only go fast in a stright line.

Old 11-21-2008, 11:46 PM
June 2009 ROTM

ORIGINAL: Gsxr_eater

So i'm out crusing about 11pm on the freeway...seriously no cars but this one guy pulled up next to me in a sick vette..i think it was an 07 burnt orange with black rims..looked sick but anyways..he got behind me and was like 6 feet away from me so i'm like wth man...tryed to leave him..clicked down to 3rd gear and hit it..this guy keeps up with me through every gear...and i had nothin after 177mph..i'm sure i could have got alittle more but i just hit my limits..but this dude passed me at 177 like i went into reverse...lol idk what he had in that car but i'm sure an easy 700 800 horses...no way it was stock! i think i want more mods now lol
1st of all, why would he come up next to you so you could see him... then get behind and ride your *** (unless he was trying to kill you) 2nd of all, why would you only drop it into 3rd at interstate speeds if you wanted to lose him... oh and then theres the fact that even a stock vette will have an advantage after about 140-150 because, as tbagr hinted at, the weight advantage becomes less of an issue, and rawHP vs wind resistance becomes more of a factor. He would have passed you long before 170 in a "sick" vette.

Now if you were coming off the lights it would be different. [sm=bs.gif]Your story is flawed.

Old 11-22-2008, 05:26 AM

ORIGINAL: WhiteKnite

1st of all, why would he come up next to you so you could see him... then get behind and ride your *** (unless he was trying to kill you) 2nd of all, why would you only drop it into 3rd at interstate speeds if you wanted to lose him... oh and then theres the fact that even a stock vette will have an advantage after about 140-150 because, as tbagr hinted at, the weight advantage becomes less of an issue, and rawHP vs wind resistance becomes more of a factor. He would have passed you long before 170 in a "sick" vette.

Now if you were coming off the lights it would be different. [sm=bs.gif]Your story is flawed.
Maybe the vette just wanted to ride his *** as long as possible, then show what he really had under the hood once GE gave up. That's why I don't take the bait in situations like this, there are all kinds of ways forthings to end badly.

Old 11-22-2008, 09:19 AM

I have found that a high percentage of people are not comfortable with high speeds, even if they drive a vehicle capable of doing those speeds. Most people back down at about the 140 mark. Just my opinion.

Old 11-22-2008, 10:37 AM

ORIGINAL: CBRclassic

Guys..... the main FLAW within this thread ...is bothering to drag with cages on freeways at all.....at anytime!! [:-]

NOT GOOD...
and please remember, that we do not like promoting dragging or excessive speeding on public roads on this forum ....
I wouldn't of bought a 1000rr if I wanted to go slow. I bought a fast bike so I can, uh, go fast?!

Not safe, yeah, your right.
Illegal, yup, right again.
Retarded kid stuff, oh yeah, right again.
Do I still do it, yup

Old 11-22-2008, 12:11 PM

ORIGINAL: WhiteKnite

ORIGINAL: Gsxr_eater

So i'm out crusing about 11pm on the freeway...seriously no cars but this one guy pulled up next to me in a sick vette..i think it was an 07 burnt orange with black rims..looked sick but anyways..he got behind me and was like 6 feet away from me so i'm like wth man...tryed to leave him..clicked down to 3rd gear and hit it..this guy keeps up with me through every gear...and i had nothin after 177mph..i'm sure i could have got alittle more but i just hit my limits..but this dude passed me at 177 like i went into reverse...lol idk what he had in that car but i'm sure an easy 700 800 horses...no way it was stock! i think i want more mods now lol

You mean false. As in...oh no he dinnint...lol

Quick Reply: Ate alive by Vette