Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Asshole car and van drivers

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 03:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GronkFries
My favorite is the a-hole that didn't sweep off his trailer or pickup bed, and end up with a facefull of dirt/rocks/cowcrap when they hit a bump.
I saw a guy a few weeks ago who didn’t close his truck bed gate and the crap in the back was only held in place by gravity and the Grace of God.

Old 10-26-2017, 03:41 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

What about those that feel the need to wash the windshield with us right behind them????

And those smokers with their smoke, ash, and flying lit butts.

Old 10-28-2017, 02:39 PM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

My favourite (yesterday), was all the people who think it's OK to overtake bicycles on a blind bend.

A bit worrying when you're confronted with a huge 4x4 on your side of the road

Old 10-29-2017, 06:42 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, disturbing stories, a shame that natural road conditions aren't the only thing we have to put up with...

So I'm riding my Wing yesterday because it can carry an arsenal of Harbor Freight and Autozone, tired of stuffing things in my jacket (Been riding the CBR everywhere, love that thing!). Got on the interstate, heavy traffic day, in the passing lane gliding past the slowpokes at a fairly slow speed. A girl decides to suddenly change lanes and pulls maybe 15 inches in front of my bumper. Looks in her rear view mirror and then taps her brakes! How do you not notice a bagged bike with a with a windshield, I don't get it.

Old 10-30-2017, 07:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GronkFries
How do you not notice a bagged bike with a with a windshield, I don't get it.
quit trying to understand it. I think its all a downward trend with making cars smarter than the drivers. That and the inability to put the smartphone down---ever.

Best thing read here is ride like everyone is out to kill you. Sadly it is extremely close to true.

I've had my share of close calls and dumbass drivers that thought I'd look better as a hood ornament. Now my biggest bullet to dodge is deer, and they don't really discriminate between cars and bikes.

Old 11-04-2017, 02:50 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by locopny
quit trying to understand it. I think its all a downward trend with making cars smarter than the drivers. That and the inability to put the smartphone down---ever
This I think is the biggest problem, cars have far too many distractions, I see people texting, talking on the phone, messing about with their sat nav. In fact everything apart from looking at the road or in their mirrors.

So knowing this, we have to adapt, filtering is far more dangerous these days so I tend to filter in heavy traffic much slower, most cars are aware of your presence but regularly I come up behind a car and they have no idea I’m there.

Let’s be careful out there!