Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Asshole car and van drivers

Old 11-15-2016, 04:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ******* car and van drivers

I commute everyday on motorway belt around Dublin known as the M50, this by far the most dangerous road in the country, motorists cut you up and it's all 'hand jesters and **** you towards the biker'

This one ***** this morning swept across me in a long base van, I hit the horn and had to veer to the outside lane, thankfully I had a 2 meter gap in front of the LORRY in that lane.

Now this ***** is all fingers and shouting obscenities, the traffic slowed up to a standstill and the ******* got his wing mirror punched off, and an invitation to get out and have his manners adjusted for him, needless to say he locked his door.

I was tempted to punch through the window but by that stage all the do-gooder motorists around had the phones up to protect the 'poor van man'

Do these ******** not realise that they are going to leave us seriously injured at best, or dead?????!!!! Irish motorists have no clue or respect around bikes, you're approached from the rear and they hit the brakes as soon as they see you, WTF???!!! I am literally almost put off 5-10 times a 16 mile journey to work and back.

Is it the same for the rest of you guys in diff countries?

Last edited by dec111; 11-15-2016 at 04:10 AM.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:39 AM
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

It is very frustrating and dangerous!

One of the reasons I do my commuting in my car (M25) and choose quiet times to ride, that way I get maximum pleasure from my time in the saddle.

I like to ride hard and fast, I get no pleasure from the usual Sunday afternoon ride-out, too many cars, bikes, cyclists, police and even horse riders. In the summer, I ride at first light, maybe 04:30am-ish, that way I can ride like a loon and not endanger others and minimise the danger to myself.

I feel your frustration, but the general rule of thumb is, ride like everyone else wants to kill you!

Take care and don't let that anger get the upper hand

Old 11-15-2016, 11:39 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some of the pain we feel is self inflicted. As a motorcyclist, I understand that I am judged as a member of a rogue societal group which is why the cop is tailgating me looking for any excuse to pull me over.

Old 12-21-2016, 06:44 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Not like that here in the states although I've only ridden in Arizona, Nevada, North and South Carolina, and California.
You get lots of idiots not paying attention, but at least here in AZ if you start challenging someone to step out of the car or off the bike your getting shot, legally. So people tend to chill out a bit.

Old 12-22-2016, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by boredandstroked
Not like that here in the states although I've only ridden in Arizona, Nevada, North and South Carolina, and California.
You get lots of idiots not paying attention, but at least here in AZ if you start challenging someone to step out of the car or off the bike your getting shot, legally. So people tend to chill out a bit.
I f**king wish this was legal in Ireland, we'd be rid of half the country by one week

Old 12-22-2016, 06:19 AM

Over here in Malta they drive like that.. there isnt that much road rage, but they are so hopeless at driving its beyond stupid... also most of the roads are as shiney as glass, so when it rains here its like black ice!

Old 01-20-2017, 12:03 PM

here in bc Canada we get lots of ***** out on the roads. im bad for road raging so I just bury my head and illegally lane split to get away, cant hide from stupid they are everywhere. but ive also punched off a mirror and punched some young kid in the face as well

Old 01-20-2017, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by MrCanuck
here in bc Canada we get lots of ***** out on the roads. im bad for road raging so I just bury my head and illegally lane split to get away, cant hide from stupid they are everywhere. but ive also punched off a mirror and punched some young kid in the face as well
good man 👍

Old 01-20-2017, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkwind2016
It is very frustrating and dangerous!

One of the reasons I do my commuting in my car (M25) and choose quiet times to ride, that way I get maximum pleasure from my time in the saddle.

I like to ride hard and fast, I get no pleasure from the usual Sunday afternoon ride-out, too many cars, bikes, cyclists, police and even horse riders. In the summer, I ride at first light, maybe 04:30am-ish, that way I can ride like a loon and not endanger others and minimise the danger to myself.

I feel your frustration, but the general rule of thumb is, ride like everyone else wants to kill you!

Take care and don't let that anger get the upper hand
you know what mate, you are bang on the money, I was only saying im actually going off bikes too the the missus the other day and it's all dwn to that bastard commute, it's nerve racking. Super sports an commuting just don't mix. Either I buy a nice GTV Alfa Romeo or a Hornet and save the blade for what it's meant for!

Old 10-26-2017, 01:42 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My favorite is the a-hole that didn't sweep off his trailer or pickup bed, and end up with a facefull of dirt/rocks/cowcrap when they hit a bump.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Asshole car and van drivers