Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone ever own this jacket?

Old 03-26-2010, 07:33 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever own this jacket?

So it's time for a new riding jacket for me and I was thinking about going textile this time as cost is a big factor. I've been looking at this one.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/39/9457/ITEM/Fieldsheer-Bullet-Tex-Jacket.aspx

Has anyone in here ever owned this particular jacket, or anything from Fieldsheer for that matter? Are they decent quality and how is the fit? Is it warm in cold weather and at least semi-cool with the liner removed?

The local bike shop down the road (very small place) has one Fieldsheer jacket in stock, but it's not this model. He said that he could order me any jacket I wanted, but I'm always a bit leery about buying something I can't try on first. I have short-ish arms for my build and it seems like the jackets that fit me in the chest and back are way too long in the sleeve.

Any input would be greatly apprciated.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:40 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

meh any mesh jacket wont protect you as well as leather. but they can be just as hot as leather. but any jacket is better then no jacket.

try googling the name of it and "review" see if you can find one

Old 03-27-2010, 07:07 AM

I have owned fieldsheer before, but snowmobile gear, not cycle. I only had for a short time as it was a bit too big. But the quality seemed ok.

I do however have a teknic textile for the days when my Leather is too hot. I really like it. Its extremely light, expecially when compared to my Leather.
This is the one I have, other than the color, as mine is all black. The only thing I don't like about it is the hockey puck style elbow pads. Its cheap though....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Tekni...Q5fMerchandise

Textiles will protect your initial hit, but will wear off really fast if you happen to slide down the road at all. With the liner in, they are fairly comfortable for warmth, but the arms get cold really quick as the wind just blows right through textile, but your body stays pretty warm. The real nice thing is, if its hot, you can remove the liner and wind still blows through the jacket, and keeps you somewhat cool on a hot a day. Its a great comprimise for saftey and comfort.

In all honesty, I find myself wearing the textile more often than my leather. It doesn't look as cool as the leather, but its more comfortable.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:41 AM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had one fieldsheer.. a mesh.. the quality was nowhere near as good as my Teknic textile... the stitches were coming undone when I got it.. and got worse as I wore it.. I ended up returning it.. I havent bought another hot weather jacket yet, but I will be looking at other brands...

Just my experience.. and $0.02

Old 03-27-2010, 08:25 AM

I bought that EXACT jacket last fall in Black.... Fieldsheer Bullet Tex.

I am quite happy with it - incredibly warm with the liner in. My only complaint at this point is you have to be real careful when unzipping it so that you don't snag the inner liner.

I am 6'0, 170, no gut - I got the large and kind of wish I would have gotten the XL, but I think I wonder if the XL would have been too big. I am probably right in the middle.

Old 03-27-2010, 09:15 AM

I was recently shopping for a textile jacket and was most impressed by the Frank Thomas products. The cut and quality was excellent. I am a 6ft 200lb guy and they fit well.

Old 03-27-2010, 01:03 PM

just a thought for you,,, alpinestars "t stunt" is a exelent mesh, cool in the heat of the summer and can fit a fleece under for cooler days, ive had mine 4 year and 2 offs and still looks good even after many washes, leather scuffs easily, these dont

Old 03-27-2010, 06:55 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I believe that the tstunt mesh is discontinued.. newenough had it as a closeout but aside from XXL or something like that, they are sold out..