Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone else lose interest in riding?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 09:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by raylee
LOL, more like, man this is slow, man the gearbox feels sloppy, man the suspension is weaksauce, man this is boring, etc.
haha same here. The worst part is soon after this car dies I will be going to an even slower econobox I4 and I really will hate my life. But then I will be able to afford another bike.

Old 05-26-2011, 10:14 AM

Traffic In NJ is a PITA My bike is constantly above 210 degrees and I only work 3 miles from home. It takes longer to get the bike out of the garage and gear up then my actual ride would take if I hit no traffic..

Maybe it's because I just finished modding/restoring my bike and I am bored with it? I have been wanting a new 5.0 gt and could use the extra cash.. But at the same time when I find a nice open road It's the only time I truly am myself.

Old 05-26-2011, 10:45 AM

Traffic in NJ is indeed a pain. But I am very jealous of your 3 mile commute. I go from Clinton to Roseland every day so I would love 3 miles. :P I also used to do Clinton to Montclair, and Clinton to Old Bridge, right past you.

Old 05-28-2011, 12:48 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Traffic in NJ is only bad in certain sections... but if you're in Edison, you're pretty much effed for any of the highways near you besides at maybe like after 11/12 at night. 280 and large stretches of 80 and if you go up further to north-west jersey it's all butter...

Back on topic... this thread is madness. Sounds more like you're losing interest in commute riding and having trouble finding time to ride.

Old 05-29-2011, 09:36 AM

I'm pretty mad at myself. I haven't touched my bike in a week even when it's been gorgeous out... I have been thinking about riding with out a jacket though... Oh yeah about traffic.. It now takes me 20 minutes to go three miles, i guess people are beginning to leave work earlier because it's nice out.

I have been interested in ordering a 2012 mustang gt and I decided that If I go this route I will have to sell the bike. I can always pick up another one.

Old 05-29-2011, 09:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel the same way on loosing interest. If nobody gets back into it by next year I'll be selling my bike as well. There is no need for it now. Having a bike when your single is a great thing since you have time on your hands to meet clubs and ride around not thinking about women. When you do settle down with the girl you love it becomes more of a thing. I'll be selling it for a truck.

Old 05-29-2011, 10:13 AM

I used to have the itch to ride so bad that I would ride 1hour outside of town just to hit nice back roads for an hour or 2, then the grueling hour ride back home. Eventually that got old. I will cruise around town sometimes just for something different, but my passion for riding has been let loose on the track.

The time spent driving and prepping your bike for the track, and money it costs for gear, track time, and tires is well worth it. Nothing compares. Actually, whatever love I did have for street riding was destroyed because of the track because the track is so much better.

And anyone saying they dont have the money either, its not so bad. People sell beat up race bikes all the time. I just picked up a 04 gsxr 750 in great riding condition, just bad but usable plastics for 1500 bucks.

If you still like to ride, but you are sick of the traffic and cagers and anything else on the street, before you sell your bike, give the track (if one is close enough) a chance.

Old 05-29-2011, 07:47 PM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Krux
When you do settle down with the girl you love it becomes more of a thing.
... and then when you've been with the love of your life for say oh, fifteen years, and have three kids together, you need the bike to get away from them

Old 05-29-2011, 08:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gump
I have been interested in ordering a 2012 mustang gt and I decided that If I go this route I will have to sell the bike.
Price?

Old 05-30-2011, 09:35 AM

Get an aerostich roadcrafter, you can wear a suit under it no prob, and you'll be dry rain or shine. You can step into it in boots and put it on completely in under 10 secs. My friends with them get ready faster than me with leather jackets and jeans. The suit is $800-1100 depending on what up you want, but they zip up over normal clothes, are tough and reparable, and hold all the armor you need for commuting. I'm saving up for mine, I will buy one by rainy season.

Also, lose interest in riding? That'd be like losing interest in living for me! With that commute though, id bicycle and save the moto for fun rides.

Quick Reply: Anyone else lose interest in riding?