Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone else lose interest in riding?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 03:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah Megger's job is to make people look better!

Old 05-25-2011, 03:29 PM
August 2011 ROTM

Name:  business-suit.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  35.0 KB

I am just giving you ****. I know it is hard to ride with suit.

How about getting those travel steamer to take off the winkles. So you can pack your suit in the backpack and steam it when you get to work?
Norelco Travel Fabric Steamer Wrinkle Remover TS60 | eBay

Old 05-25-2011, 03:33 PM
July 2008 ROTM

As of late, my desire to ride has gone down a lot because my bikes need tires and electrical system fixes. So rather than trying to deal with that so I can ride, I just ignore it because I'm a slacker.

That and since I work for myself, I have to work a little harder and more often to keep myself afloat. And when I wake up late in the morning, I end up working into the evening, which steals all my riding time.

Hopefully as the weather starts to get nicer and I can get some money put into the bikes, I'll be ready to go more often.

Old 05-25-2011, 03:43 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

Originally Posted by yumoncbr

I am just giving you ****. I know it is hard to ride with suit.

How about getting those travel steamer to take off the winkles. So you can pack your suit in the backpack and steam it when you get to work?
Norelco Travel Fabric Steamer Wrinkle Remover TS60 | eBay
Go yumon! I think it's great that you can get on or off a bike wearing what ever you have to to go to work, as long as you've got protection over it all that is.
Nice pic.

What's wrong with taking your suit in a pannier or top box anyway, That way you won't need a steamer, though it's a really cute idea. You could just throw some water on your pipes after getting to work and waft the jacket and trousers in the steam. Same effect, more biker.

Old 05-25-2011, 03:50 PM
August 2011 ROTM

No No no. Henry, That is not me.lol.

Old 05-25-2011, 03:54 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

Oh bollocks! You had me going there.
It's not your hair dresser is it?
God I feel so stupid sometimes.

Old 05-25-2011, 03:59 PM
August 2011 ROTM

Meggers is hairdresser.

Here is meggers and me
https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic...-125334/page2/

Old 05-25-2011, 05:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have to be in my work uniform precisely at 7:00 AM. In fact they gave me isht about wearing my winter coat over my uniform when it was cold (someone was trying to get me). So I leave the house 15 min early, ride to work and change into my uniform at the office. I leave 3 sets of pants, 5 shirts and 2 sets of work boots there

And given the rapid decline in my mood and general increase in hostility during the off-season when I can't ride... no, I don't lose the interest in riding

Old 05-25-2011, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by gump
After a couple straight weeks of rain it's now so hot I can't stand walking around in jeans and boots after I get to my destination.. In a few weeks I will have no place to go on my bike because my mon-fri job ends. I can't ride to my other job because I need to wear a suite..

Any one else go through these motions? I know I could always go for leisure rides but it's just boring riding alone and the couple local guys I know are banged up or their bikes are down/totaled...
I completely understand, I'm going through that phase. Seems like I've been doing it for so long that I've just lost interest. My job is 1.2 miles from home. I live in post housing so that is the extent of my riding usually. I went on a post safety ride Monday and for the first time ever I was drowsy on my bike. I f*cking hated it. Then somebody wrecked (female) in front of me and took 2 other bikes. I'm just tired of the lack of riding buddies since I've moved. I'm tired of seeing people go down. Driving my truck or car is just more comfortable. I hate getting to work and smelling like outside after I just pressed my uniform. Seems like the wind does the exact opposite of "wrinkle release". I can name more cons then pros....

Old 05-25-2011, 07:38 PM

I don't really lose interest but when I get to ride to work everyday the rides on the weekends are just a little less special if I can't find a decent twisty road.

Quick Reply: Anyone else lose interest in riding?