Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone else lose interest in riding?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 07:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I lost interest in riding to work every day because it's a very short ride(10 min) and it's all below 25mph.

However, riding after work now that it stays light until 8ish and riding on the weekend still get my blood boiling.

Old 05-25-2011, 08:12 PM

I lose interest after about five hours and have started the return trip home. At about the 40 mile mark I always wish I could just skip them and hit the couch.

After a couple days of rides like that I'm usually ready to take a break. Then the desire comes creeping back and if not satisfied it grows until I can barely stand it.

Old 05-25-2011, 08:21 PM

ill always have the itch. but a good friend of mine has decided to hang up his helmet. a friend of his was crushed by a cager and is braindead sitting on life support. been a veggie for about month now. ive tryed several times to get him to go out riding but he wnt.

thats about the only legit reason i can think of for not goin out riding.

Old 05-25-2011, 09:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ever so rarely I'll drive a car and I realize that if I'm gonna be on a motor vehicle, might as well be a bike. I don't ever do anything local so there's rarely ever an option of walking (besides the dunkin donuts across the street) and in my mind 2 wheels > 4 wheels unless there's snow on the ground... and even then, maybe I'll pick up motox.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:18 PM

Anyone ever go from the bike to the car and just be like wow this is slow.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cynicalrider
LOL, more like, man this is slow, man the gearbox feels sloppy, man the suspension is weaksauce, man this is boring, etc.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by cynicalrider
Nope, my car is pretty fast too!

Old 05-26-2011, 03:14 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

I had the super itch to ride for about 6 years of riding... these last 4 have been Meh. I ride to events.. I ride in great weather... Thats about it now ;P

Old 05-26-2011, 03:50 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's like any other hobby or activity in life. Sometimes when you do something for a long time and/or all the time, it begins to loose its appeal. Best thing to do is to stop doing it altogether and eventually you will develop an appetite for it again.

Prior to two weeks ago, I hadn't riden my bike for at least eight months (since like August). I became involved in some other projects last year and just plain stopped riding from lack of interest. Yesterday was a beautiful day (mid-fifties & sunny), it was my day off, and I rode my bike for five straight hours. Felt like a little kid again, it felt great.

Quick Reply: Anyone else lose interest in riding?