Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone else lose interest in riding?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 01:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else lose interest in riding?

After a couple straight weeks of rain it's now so hot I can't stand walking around in jeans and boots after I get to my destination.. In a few weeks I will have no place to go on my bike because my mon-fri job ends. I can't ride to my other job because I need to wear a suite..

Any one else go through these motions? I know I could always go for leisure rides but it's just boring riding alone and the couple local guys I know are banged up or their bikes are down/totaled...

Old 05-25-2011, 01:54 PM
Old 05-25-2011, 01:58 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

well you're definitely not infected with the itch like i am.

my bike has been down for about 2 weeks now (waiting on some bushings to be made) and i feel like i'm going crazy.

Old 05-25-2011, 02:07 PM

I have all kinds of toys with handle bars...always wanna be riding...I will never lose interest

Old 05-25-2011, 02:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I want to ride in jeans to work and wear something dressier there, I'll toss it in a backpack with lunch and my scissors or whatever.. I dunno how well a suit would work in a backpack though. :-/

Old 05-25-2011, 02:21 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by gump
(1) I will have no place to go on my bike because my mon-fri job ends.

(2) Any one else go through these motions?
(1) Why can't you ride mon-fri when the job ends?

(2) The answer is no. I rode my bicycle 25-50 miles a day when I was young. I looked at motorcycles and thought to myself, one of theses days I will own one. I have been riding for 40 years now and I still love it like the first day. I mostly ride by myself. I leave the house without a plan and just ride.

How about Skyline drive?

Old 05-25-2011, 02:24 PM

I rode to work today with my overpants on my dress pants and my leather jacket over my dress shirt. The problem is NJ rush hour sucks major donkey dick because the traffic on 287 and 78 get ridiculous. I probably wouldn't have ridden if my car battery didn't die. I can only ride to work on Fridays because I skip the gym that day to go with my g/f on the weekends and the traffic going in is a bit easier to deal with. I don't even get much riding time on the weekend these days.

Old 05-25-2011, 02:31 PM
August 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by TimBucTwo
(1) Why can't you ride mon-fri when the job ends?
I wake up early just so I can take a long scenic way to work. Then after work, I take more longer way to get home. I am at my work 12 hours Monday to Friday, so yes, I have no social life doing this, but I like it. Riding destress me and makes me in good mood and I really enjoy it. I chose my bike over many things. (<<< sign of addiction)

On my day off, I ride by myself because I have nobody to ride with. There are times I wish I have riding partners, but that does not make me stay home and feel sorry for myself. I started tio like riding alone

Old 05-25-2011, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by meggers
If I want to ride in jeans to work and wear something dressier there, I'll toss it in a backpack with lunch and my scissors or whatever.. I dunno how well a suit would work in a backpack though. :-/
Why do you ride around with a scissors in your backpack?

Old 05-25-2011, 03:12 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

Originally Posted by F34Me?
Why do you ride around with a scissors in your backpack?
Hairdresser? I'm sure he likes to add the finishing touches to the odd Brazilian.

What's this **** about not being able to ride with a suit on? Have you no imagination man? I frequently ride with a suit under my gear. Lots of people do.
Anyway, I don't think you're going to win much of a sympathy vote. Bad luck!

Quick Reply: Anyone else lose interest in riding?