Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone else have a good day?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 08:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anyone else have a good day?

Spent last night celebrating my wife's birthday - at some point was chugging champagne from the bottle. A few hours at the bar, and a few house party stops later I'm in my bed.

I wake up, amazingly not hungover, and manage to rally the troops for a ride a little later in the afternoon.

Then I realize that I now only have a couple of hours to get the wheel bearings replaced in my front wheel. Woops.

Bearings pulled, brake cleaner in an eye and everything amazingly goes back together with little complication just as everyone pulls up in my driveway.

I'm riding with a Fz1, Shadow 750 and 1300. Yeah, I ride with cruiser guys.

We get to the first road with twisties, and me and the Fz1 walk off for a few turns, but on the next straight the 1300 has caught back up - he's been dragging pegs in the corners he says. First time I've ridden with this guy, although I've known him for years, so I was impressed.

We roll through a few little towns and find another fun twisty road - or it would be if it wasn't the worst road in Louisiana. (there's lots of those). Eventually we get to a really nice stretch and me and the Fz1 start railing again, and damned if the 1300 isn't decently keeping within sight.

My buddy on the 750 has no intention of playing with us, everyone calls him pap-paw. He's really never that far back though.

We get about 2 hours into the ride, and my buddy on the Fz1 realizes he's supposed to be home to take his wife out in 50 minutes, and we're not within 50 mins of his house unless he's willing to seriously lay the hammer down. He peels off heading for his *** chewing, and the 3 of us consult google maps to figure out a) where we are, and b) how we're getting out of there.

Another 1.5 hours and I'm waving good bye to those 2 cause I'm 10 miles from home and nothing but some nice blacktop between me and the homestead. I made it home in reallllly good time and decided I just needed to share.

Old 05-22-2011, 10:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by adrenalnjunky
last night celebrating my wife's birthday in my bed.
Another 1.5 hours and I just needed to share.
Pics please.

Old 05-22-2011, 10:20 PM
August 2011 ROTM

I had very good day today too.. but I seem to have good day pretty much everyday, so nothing significant... If I had more riding time, it would been a great day. Thank you for sharing I could almost feel the good day you had

Old 05-23-2011, 12:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got my bike back today, but it still needs a battery or something... Doesn't want to start. And thunderstorms keep rolling through here. Supposed to rain all week. Lame.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:31 AM
July 2008 ROTM

Came home from a weekend mini vacation a couple hours away for an annual classic car show. Had a blast with friends, doing what we always do every year we go. Only downside today is I live in an upstairs part of a house and the AC sucks ***** up here, so my room is hot as hell. But whatever, that's why I have no pants on. Problem solved.

Old 05-23-2011, 01:27 AM

Finally got around to doing the Sunday morning ride in Marin, the original and best. Got to swing hard with some great riders, I'm sure I'll be back!

Old 05-23-2011, 04:49 AM

haha it's good always good to hear stuff like this. ride safe everyone

Old 05-24-2011, 03:46 PM

Wade Boyd (shown in link below at the Isle of Man) rides the SMR every week, and I saw him walk away from me in 6 turns on his R1. I think he was taking it easy too. This ride is full of CHAMPIONS. Way cool.

wade+big+air.jpg (image)

Old 05-24-2011, 03:57 PM

Great day for me, scheduled the closing for my first house this thursday at 8:30 a.m sweeeet, cant wait, plus the owner has been letting me work on the house and move crap in before the closeing so bonus there since i gotta be out of my rental place now on monday!!! sheesh cuttin it close but will work out in the short run lol.