Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone been hit with a cigarette?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 07:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't like cigarettes even when I'm in my car. I'm also one of those that ducks when a bird flies too close when I'm in my car.

I haven't had anything fly at me yet, but the other day there was a big smack on the side of my helmet... I thought that it must have been a pretty huge bug to make that noise... then it happened again. Then I realized at the stop light that I had forgotten to buckle my helmet...

Old 04-03-2010, 08:38 PM
Nex

I look at People Throwing Cigarettes out as majorly disrespectful. Most of the time (unless they are deaf) there is NO WAY you don't know I'm behind you....not only can you hear the bike, but I stay in Mirrors as much as possible. I love the people that Look right at you in their mirrors before they do it! Thank God I've never had to attempt to dodge Shingles or anything of that size!

Old 04-03-2010, 09:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haven't had the cig in my face since I stopped wearing open face helmets (& that was in the 70's) Been stung by Bees, taken out some slow moving birds & had a Spider crawl over my face inside my helmet while riding. Worst thing was coming back to work from a job interview. Only took my helmet, so riding in a business shirt, big truck with a grader on it's back when shooting past the other way & WHACK, big piece of clay comes flying off & hits me in the chest. Lost feeling in my right arm & weaved all over the place. Did not realise what had happened till I looked down (thought I'd been shot) had a bruise & sore tittie for a fortnight.

Old 04-03-2010, 11:00 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice, Pace...

I love the random bug IN the helmet thing. Creepy. Especially bad if I leave my helmet sitting in the garage all night (or on the front porch).

The big chunk of clay is a bad one. Never had the pleasure....lol..
I've hit a few birds, though. One little sparrow just above the visor. I didn't feel a thing. LOUD, though...
Another one in the shoulder that didn't hurt, either.... just kinda grazed off and I saw it rolling on the pavement behind me.
The worst was a big Robin. Took that one right in the knee at speed. Still didn't really hurt, though. It stung, but not bad.
What I don't like is rocks in the hands. Even with gloves, the bigger ones sting. My own fault for being a little too close to dumptrucks or idiots who can't keep their vehicles on the pavement, I guess.

Old 04-03-2010, 11:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
Nice, Pace...

I love the random bug IN the helmet thing. Creepy. Especially bad if I leave my helmet sitting in the garage all night (or on the front porch).

The big chunk of clay is a bad one. Never had the pleasure....lol..
I've hit a few birds, though. One little sparrow just above the visor. I didn't feel a thing. LOUD, though...
Another one in the shoulder that didn't hurt, either.... just kinda grazed off and I saw it rolling on the pavement behind me.
The worst was a big Robin. Took that one right in the knee at speed. Still didn't really hurt, though. It stung, but not bad.
What I don't like is rocks in the hands. Even with gloves, the bigger ones sting. My own fault for being a little too close to dumptrucks or idiots who can't keep their vehicles on the pavement, I guess.

This pic makes me feel sad on so many levels.
Name:  5551bird_vs_noto-1.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  31.0 KB

Old 04-04-2010, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by pacemaker
Haven't had the cig in my face since I stopped wearing open face helmets (& that was in the 70's) Been stung by Bees, taken out some slow moving birds & had a Spider crawl over my face inside my helmet while riding. Worst thing was coming back to work from a job interview. Only took my helmet, so riding in a business shirt, big truck with a grader on it's back when shooting past the other way & WHACK, big piece of clay comes flying off & hits me in the chest. Lost feeling in my right arm & weaved all over the place. Did not realise what had happened till I looked down (thought I'd been shot) had a bruise & sore tittie for a fortnight.

hahaha thought you were shot!!! I hope people don't look that far down upon us to sit off the road and take shots at us!!!

I have not been hit by a bird or anything that large "YET" but I'm sure it would probably hurt!

bugs in the helmet suck! I had a big june bug last season get UP my helmet somehow ( visor down ) It must have stuck to my chest and flew up from under. Wedged its self right between my cheek! That along with a bad itch is insanely uncomfortable because it is IMPOSSIBLE to get your hand ANY where inside your helmet, especially with gloves!
had to pull off and yank him out before he found his way to my brain!

Old 04-04-2010, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by pacemaker
This pic makes me feel sad on so many levels.
For the bike? Or the bird?

My feelings are on the birds side . The bike is a sad scene too tho.

I would like to know what speed he hit that at because that owl smashed out his WHOLE headlight and cracked a bit of the fairing!

I wonder if he would of been knocked off if that hit him in the chest !!! ???

Old 04-04-2010, 12:42 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If that owl hit you in the chest - good night !
In the helmet, probably down and never getting up.
My friend hit a pheasant at 100 MPH with his helmet - smashed his visor onto his nose and broke the visor and his nose. Helmet cracked.
Only superb riding skills kept him upright. (wife was on the back)
Color of the bruises was spectacular !
Cost him a new helmet and a hospital visit to straighten his nose..........
Oh and a change of underwear......

Last edited by Shadow; 04-04-2010 at 12:50 AM.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:29 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A car once got into my lane and I returned to cruising speed just assuming the guy, well, whatever, car drivers don't seem to like bikes in this corner of the world and think find it amusing to cut off bikers. Anyways, the guy's sitting in front of me for a while and he spits out his window. Unfortunately, this was back when I was on a 250, so I couldn't really get away from him if I tried anything. I just imagine that's how people think of me every time I ever get on my bike. I was being squidly riding with a t-shirt, so I had that goop sitting on my right arm for a little bit before I realized mucus doesn't just dry off, so there's another reason to wear your gear.

Old 04-04-2010, 09:55 AM

SPIT!!! I'll take dodging objects flying out of trucks, but if someone deliberately SPIT out the window with me behind them!!!..... I would be sure to follow them secretly and dismantle there effing car once they parked!!!

You shouldn't have to wear gear to be protected by people throwing **** at you haha.

I'm going to make my passenger pegs stand out another 8'' and sharpen the tips so I can race by people like that and gouge they're car from rear to front!!!

Quick Reply: Anyone been hit with a cigarette?