Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone been hit with a cigarette?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 12:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone been hit with a cigarette?

I'm sure I'm not the only lucky one for this to happen too but I was riding out on the highway today and the car in front of me flipped a cigarette out the sunroof and it bounced off my wind screen! I didn't really care but I was aggravated at the fact that they obviously knew there was a bike behind them and they go ahead and toss a cigarette. I'm waiting for fast food bags and drinks next!

Just started riding for the season and forgot how careless these effin cage morons are!

Old 04-03-2010, 01:37 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That would sure get me ticked Would have to make it a point to let them know I was displeased. No kicking the door in or anything (face it, they can just swerve over and smush ya) but maybe a "What the hell were you thinking!?!" yelled at a convenient point.

And as much as I love the spring time temps, I didn't miss the bugs. Got hit by a big **** bumblebee yesterday. Running around 70ish it luckily hit my jacket about 1/2 inch from my bare neck. Had a yellow jacket get in my helmet a few years ago and that was worse than the bumblebee ... damn I love winter ...

Old 04-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Try Africa - they drop quart beer bottles out of the rear windows of taxis
The last one who did it to me, I stopped the taxi, opened his side door, and the offending moron went out of the opposite side rear window, and ran like hell - if I'd had an offroad bike I'd have chased him, but..............
Cigarettes - hmmmm - maybe drop a cigarette through his roof when he stops - THAT'll get his attention.............. or maybe a ballbearing into the radiator.............harsh I know, but sometimes lessons have to be learned the hard way.

Old 04-03-2010, 02:01 PM

That's sucks but that just reminded me of what yesterday While I was on Belle isle island here in Detroit. I'm leaving the island which has a speed limit of 25, but we were going 35 and the car in front of me was going like 40. As we all hit the curve to the bridge the cager in front of us speeds up (usually the bikes and hotrods open it up across the 1/4 mile 5 lane bridge .) so we get ready to fly and as soon as I down shift this idiot STOPS !!!!! Yes that's right he speed up then just stop for no freaking reason !!!!! Thank god I was the first bike and can since an arshole I just got over at the right time and the 8 other bikes flipped him the bird . At the end of the bridge the poor guys in the car was so scared they wouldn't even look our way while all nine of us was just staring at them until the light changed

Old 04-03-2010, 03:11 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh man, don't get me started! Yeah, been hit by all sorts of jazz. The worst of which, was old asphalt roofing shingles blowing off a truck.

Had no idea anything was inside the back of that truck. This was on an interstate moving at 70mph (or faster). W/o warning, shingles began flying out. For those of you that don't know, these singles are over 3 ft wide. Anyway, I managed to avoid all but one that inpacted the windscreen initially, followed by going down the left side of the front cowl, air intake, & finally lower fairing.

Realistically, as riders, we just have to expect certain things...& flying objects is one of 'em. As for the routine cigarettes throwers, well, I've got a friend that will just as routinely bust the cager's rear view mirror for doing that. No, I don't condone that...but it does teach a lesson for sure.

Be safe out there.

Old 04-03-2010, 03:42 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh man, don't get me started! Yeah, been hit by all sorts of jazz. The worst of which, was old asphalt roofing shingles blowing off a truck.
+1. Chunks of wood sucks, too. And the first time you get a tire cap flung at you on the highway, you'll learn to stay far away from the rear end of semis...

And as much as I love the spring time temps, I didn't miss the bugs. Got hit by a big **** bumblebee yesterday. Running around 70ish it luckily hit my jacket about 1/2 inch from my bare neck. Had a yellow jacket get in my helmet a few years ago and that was worse than the bumblebee ... damn I love winter ...
Oh yeah.... good times!
I got stung twice on the bike last year alone. Both honey bees. One in the neck and one in the inner thigh. Nice wake up.

Right now, we have a wasp problem at work. We went around and cleared out all the wasp nests at the end of last summer, and this year... I think they're living inside the roof!! WAY more than last year and they seem to like my bike. They get inside the fairing, behind the windscreen, etc. I had one on my shoulder and one on the visor on friday afternoon. Haven't been bit yet, but it's coming. My bike is now a wasp cannon... lol...

Old 04-03-2010, 04:09 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

On long rides after a while i usually tailgate the crap outa a semi for some rest, I get about 3 feet behind it sit up open my wind visor stretch. ahhhhhhhh good relaxing times!

Old 04-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ Oh yeah? When I need a rest, I just give the truckers a secret hand signal and they pop open the rear door and a ramp flies out the back.
Then I ride up the ramp and chill like Michael Knight...

Old 04-03-2010, 05:32 PM
Official Welcome Crew Redneck

other than the usual rocks and road debris kicked up by cagers, the wierdest thing ive been hit by was a lego brick. driving home on i10 and there was a yukon in the lane next to me about 1.5 carlenths ahead. just cruising. next thing i know there is a very bright yellow object hurdling towards me from the rear window... and i couldnt figure out what it was at first.... it hit me on the left arm jsut above my elbow and im like WTF!!!!! so i get up next to the SUV and there are two kids back there. one looks as if he is about 5 or 6, and the other one still in a car seat maybe 4ish. younger one is chuckin big bro's toys at the window.

had to chuckle after that. because im the younger brother and can sorta relate, hehehe.

Old 04-03-2010, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr
That's crazy! I actually was behind a work truck the other day and in the bed there was 5 gallon buckets and a half *** tied down later bouncing around. I found my way to the front of that truck right away! I cant imagine being hit by anything of that sort, a cigarette is one thing to **** you off for the day but shingles, wood, latters and other construction supplies!!!

At that point It's like a game, Dodge this or you die!

And insects, I'm scrubbing my visor and jacket after every ride! I live out in the country and more wooded areas so all these bugs are having a blast with this weather.

Off topic, but I hit a frog last night. That frogs time was definitely up, he has 15' or so of road to cross and gets under my 3'' tire! I thought it was a leaf blowing around

Quick Reply: Anyone been hit with a cigarette?