Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Any WRX STi owners here???

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 11:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any WRX STi owners here???

I am lookin into buyin a friends 2005 WRX STi. I am pretty excited about it, but i was wondering if anyone here had one??? I am in love with this car....so i am hoping to get it in my garage ASAP oh and and a new bike as well...(its a tie between the new R6 or a RR). ...i still have 3 months to decide. Anywho...back to the subject...anyone have one???

Old 02-20-2007, 11:20 AM
Default RE: Any WRX STi owners here???

Worked on them and driven them a lot. A buddy has one. As for the turbo, if thats a big deal, it has a little deal of lag. If thats a big deal to you, upgrading it would be a good idea. Stock internals and setup can handle a lightl bigger turbo, or you can even go small to get less lag, however, you will lose high end pull. Its a comfortable riding car. There hasnt been many problems or any recalls on them, and as long as they have been out, thats good too. I know someone on here has one, I forget who though. But its a good car, just make sure you are getting for lower thanyou can get it from a dealer. Look up KBB and makesure the car is checked over.

Old 02-20-2007, 01:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any used WRX or WRX Sti is a bad idea...the cars usually have been beat to a pulp...even if it IS your friend's car...also...any mods on it? DP, UP, TBS, Accessport, ECUteketc.? SOB and dealers are very unkind to mods...and will not honor warranty for anything more than a cat back system.

new bike? what's wrong with the RR? you can't track and handle the RR you have now...it's not the bike the rider...muhahahaha....the new R6 or RR will give you extra poser points you want...definitely....[sm=badbadbad.gif]muahhahahha...muhahahhahah...muhahahahhhha...MUAHA HHAHAHHA....

Old 02-20-2007, 01:13 PM

i dont own one but i have a freind that has one and he loves it. i would say it lacks in interior where as the legacy gt is nicer. its a quick car and can take a lot of abuse becuase he beats the **** out of it. he just put a new turbo kit in it and upped it to 20 pounds of bost and puts out 380 at the wheels after having it dyno tuned last week although i wont see the dyno chart till friday. a guy at work has one though and he burned the clutch out at 23k but that could just be bad driving.

Old 02-20-2007, 01:39 PM

Anything with a burnt up clutch that quick is due to abuse in most causes

Old 02-20-2007, 02:48 PM

ill agree with you but my freind had a toyota truck and the clutch burn out in less then 20k becuase of deffect so it does happen but it most likly was his driving

Old 02-20-2007, 04:08 PM

....so i am hoping to get it in my garage ASAP oh and and a new bike as well...(its a tie between the new R6 or a RR)

Did you win Power Ball or something?I need to start rollin with you. I can use a new sugar mama.STI is a good move, AWD for those WV winters and the RR for those WV summers.

Old 02-20-2007, 06:05 PM

good car but bad idea buying used. as stated before people who buy this car have only one intention and thats to drive it like they stole it. so unless you know this driver is a decent/careful one then everythings good plus i think there should be a warranty still in effect. its a fun car dont own one but have driven/ridden in one many times.

Old 02-20-2007, 07:55 PM

I have a couple of friends that are Subaru fanatics. One of them has a 2006 WRX and another has a Legacy GT. They pretty much baby their car. If I were you, I would get the sti, but only if it's in a good condition. It's a great car and they can take a beating. You can drive over all the speed bumps you want and at whatever speed you want! You can't go wrong with Subies! BTW, did you win the lotto?

Old 02-20-2007, 08:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: FFCBRf4i
It's a great car and they can take a beating. You can drive over all the speed bumps you want and at whatever speed you want!
where are you getting this information? i'm sure the guys on NASIOC will disagree with you.
they are just like any cars...and while the rally version can take a beating...no part of the street version, hence WRX and STI, have been designed to take a beating.

i'd watch out cause people seriously don't know how to drive these things...doing donuts, clutch dumps, etc...

i drive a WRX...great care...but again...i'd reconsider about used....