Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Any Winter riders

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 05:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cool I so want one!!

Old 10-12-2012, 09:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, I ride all year. I brave the heat of summer and the cold of winter without even a wimper...wait a minute, I live in SoCal, what was I thinking? Sorry guys, couldn't resist.

Old 10-12-2012, 10:17 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I was planning to go one last time to work by bike today, but when I took the dog for a walk in the morning I pressed my finger into the seat of the bike and watched a crust of ice peel off it. I decided propably better not to risk my me-time night with getting a cold or crashing into the frozen leaves on the twists on my way to work... It`s starting to look like my season`s pretty much done...

Old 10-12-2012, 10:35 AM
Official Krazy Member

Such a shame. Almost brings a tear to my eye every time that happens. Get your hopes up because even though it's cold, there's no chance of snow or rain/ice and then you realize that just the morning dew has created ice. I'm only glad the cold season here usually only has a few days every year that are below freezing. Not saying that 35* isn't cold, but it doesn't make ice either.

Old 10-12-2012, 10:49 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015

Well, IMO below +10c is considered non-enjoyable, below +5c is re-considerable, below zero is non-negotiable... I rode two times to work at spring below 0c which caused 12 days of hellish back pain I never want to experience again. I could not straighten my figure, and after an hour of driving home from work I had to take two three tries to pry myself up from the car and take a moment to puff&huff against the door only to not sream my head off from the pain...

But I`m not too sad about it. U see, I`m in the process of changing my car (yes, Sprock, the Volvo`s done it`s deeds and is nearing 500tkm) and due to an incoming legacy it seems I don`t have to take a loan for it. The Volvo can prove to be a bit problematic to sell as is, but as currency in a trade it`s a whole other thing. As the snow slowly starts to fall to the ground, so does the prices of bikes...

Some letter combinations keep popping in my head...Like VTR SP1, TL1000R, VFR, Daytona 955i, RSV1000R, CBR900RR,etc... We`ll see....

Last edited by Mattson; 10-12-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:29 PM
July 2008 ROTM

I have zero interest in riding in colder weather anymore. When I first started riding, I'd ride whenever I possibly could. But the novelty has worn off. Definitely fair weather rider

Old 10-13-2012, 01:21 AM

No choice for me now! The bike is my solitary mode of transport. It's really made food shopping interesting (glad I've only got myself to feed) but if the commute awaits; I'm off out there.

I do like a nice crisp autumn sunday ride with the sun up and the roads dry. That's been my favourite weather so far. Snuggled up in my gear, not too warm and not too cold. Great stuff.

Got my first lesson on a 500cc bike on tuesday afternoon. Fingers crossed for good weather!

Old 10-13-2012, 12:02 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

if gas prices stay the same ill be riding right into the next ice age...
i boughr a pair winter riding gloves (good ones $90) when getiing off the bike and i can still feel my fingers, thats difference for me , between a good ride and a bad one..
but come on guys theres no weeping here there are things that are good about this time of the year.. like on those chilly mornings before heading out to take on the day and you slide up to whoever keeps your bed warm at night..
like feeling the cold floor before putting something on your feet..
yes these might be our last ride/rides but heading out and seeing the last of whats left for colors on the trees and i dont know about you, but this time of the year carrys the sound of my pipes like indiana jones cracking is whip on the bad guys.. i freaking hate and love this time of the year but i wont weep.. it just not going to happen, as matter fact, this time of the year i just been buying parts getting them ready for when i do take her for her last run, but not yet...
this is the time of the year when people finaly stay in the house st the end of the the day.. my night rides have been met with solidarity.. the roads are all mine.. for you rural guys, i know you have that option most if the time but here in the bigger cities.. this is really the best time of the year to finaly ride..no weeping here until i see snow and maybe some deer..
jay

Old 10-13-2012, 12:48 PM

i freaking hate and love this time of the year
Same here, this one has just been so fekking wet, raining all-the-time, now the nights are starting to get below zero and there`s loads of wet leaves on the road along my way to work making riding virtually impossible. I rather not ride than fear I lowside at every corner... I normally love the fall and the rain too, for some reason I`ve been having the blues this year... Propably gonna change when I get the new car (and who knows, maybe bike too...)