Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Led accent kits in ARKANSAS

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 10:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Led accent kits in ARKANSAS

So I have an elaborate kit on my bike and I know the law in Arkansas on accent kits but just had a few questions for fellow Arkansas riders.
Does anyone ride with their accent lights on?
Has anyone been pulled over? If so what happened
Are cops here **** about that sort of thing?
What have you been told about your accent lights?
I've been pulled over once and he said I couldn't have them on while riding. However I think he was trying to meet his quota. It was a smaller town. Since then I have passed alot of cops and not one has pulled me over so I'm basically wondering if it is up to the cop on duty?
Tonight I was riding and a cop pulled up behind me. I proceeded to get in the freeway turning lane as did he. Started onto the freeway thought he was gonna pull me over. He was riding my tail pretty close which I figured he was running my plates then he got in the fast lane. It was a 70 mph lane I was going 65 he was doing the same but alittle behind me. First exit I seen I waited till last second put on turn signal and got off. Looked as if he slowed down and at the next light I turned my lights off and proceeded home.
Just wanna hear others experiences in these situations

Last edited by gotcbr; 10-03-2012 at 11:55 AM. Reason: language
Old 10-03-2012, 07:08 AM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In Ontario Canada the law is you can't have them flashing and they can't cast blue or red light forwards.

So it is very on the wall about them but with mine I have them so they aren't facing forwards just cast the blue to the sides and back and talked to a couple cops at a RIDE program and they were arguing about them being legal or not between them lol.

Even if they are legal they bring alot of heat your way if your out for a nice spirited ride.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I have couple diff colors but it's a shame we spend all the money just to be allowed to have it sit in a parking lot and look pretty. I understand why they don't want it but it's not very smart because it would be hard to confuse a tiny bike as a fire truck or ambulance in my opinion

Old 10-14-2012, 09:45 PM
Received 82 Likes on 69 Posts

It's not just the point of being confused as an emergency vehicle, but people will put white at the rear or red at the front (or even colors on the sides) making it appear that the bike is going the wrong way.
Some states it doesn't even matter if the lights are flashing. In front of the rear wheel can only be amber or white and behind the rear wheel amber or red except for the license plate light which must be white is what the law states.

Personally I hate the lights but hey, each to his own. I'm not gonna tell people they shouldn't do it. It's their bike, money and taste. Kind of like stacks on trucks and huge mufflers on civics.