Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Any thoughts on these cars?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 07:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are your friends driving? Buying a car just to keep up with your friends is a bad road to take.

It takes money to make cars faster. ALLOT of money. And yes the mustang rides rougher than most cars because they still use a solid rear axle.

I'm usually an american car guy, but the WRX isn't a bad choice if your looking for a fairly new car. Turbo 4 cyl seem the way to go, since every company wants an arm and leg for a v8 these days.

Old 06-29-2012, 02:16 PM

A large number of Subaru people on this forum I see, more than I thought!

Depends on where you live...

If you need/want AWD and can afford a new WRX or STI I would wait for the new ones to come out. There is a new generation coming out in the next year or two, supposed to be 2 door coupes again which were always my favorite.

If you don't need the AWD...again I would wait for at least one MY, new cars/bikes always have a few kinks so I would get at least the 2nd MY of a car, if not the third. Also there are rumors of an STI or similarly upgraded BRZ coming out soon.

Go Subaru, not Toyota. Not a big difference in price, and what you get in the Subaru is definitely worth it!

Also, the current BRZ is NOT underpowered. It's very light, nimble and handles great. It beats the Hyundai Genesis AND the Mazda Miata (it's competitors) hands down in most car magazines tests. 200HP is nothing to laugh at, that car is quick! If you really care that much about the power just wait for a new version to come out with more power, Subaru SEVERELY underestimated the popularity of the car, they only made 6,000 this year. It's the fastest selling car in America, average time on the lot is FOUR DAYS.

Can't go wrong with a Subie!

Last edited by That Guy in Maine; 06-29-2012 at 02:21 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by That Guy in Maine
A large number of Subaru people on this forum I see, more than I thought!

Depends on where you live...

If you need/want AWD and can afford a new WRX or STI I would wait for the new ones to come out. There is a new generation coming out in the next year or two, supposed to be 2 door coupes again which were always my favorite.

If you don't need the AWD...again I would wait for at least one MY, new cars/bikes always have a few kinks so I would get at least the 2nd MY of a car, if not the third. Also there are rumors of an STI or similarly upgraded BRZ coming out soon.

Go Subaru, not Toyota. Not a big difference in price, and what you get in the Subaru is definitely worth it!

Also, the current BRZ is NOT underpowered. It's very light, nimble and handles great. It beats the Hyundai Genesis AND the Mazda Miata (it's competitors) hands down in most car magazines tests. 200HP is nothing to laugh at, that car is quick! If you really care that much about the power just wait for a new version to come out with more power, Subaru SEVERELY underestimated the popularity of the car, they only made 6,000 this year. It's the fastest selling car in America, average time on the lot is FOUR DAYS.

Can't go wrong with a Subie!
What they have done is made a comp for the Miata. But the BRZ is Under powered. Its personal opinion but I atleast drove one for a afternoon. For the money...... I'll pass. Considering that my car has 2 more doors and room for two in the back... if I really had to...lol 413 lbs. is not that huge of a diiference when its down Factory spec 65hp less then the WRX.

Last edited by BadS1; 07-02-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:32 PM

Plus you can't go wrong with a turbo, unless you're irresponsible, then you'll go wrong with it alllll the time.

Old 07-02-2012, 06:11 PM

What are your friends driving? Buying a car just to keep up with your friends is a bad road to take.
I didn't want to buy the new car to keep up with them, but to improve my own skill since my 210 hp 3500lb live axle car cant push as hard as I can in the canyons.

A wrx wouldn't be a bad choice and I've considered it, but I'm personally more into N/A cars. hehe just my preference, but I am considering a wrx.

Old 07-02-2012, 06:15 PM

id go with an '05ish Subi Sti.

Old 07-04-2012, 12:13 AM

If you want an N/A car then i would get an older mustang with a 5.0 or even a new 5.0 but the old ones you can add hp with a lot less money(and they cost less to start out with) plus with you living in LA you should be able to find one in really great shape. Muscle is the way to go!

Old 07-04-2012, 12:34 AM

im done with american cars lol. I love my stang, but its just so underpowered (i have the new generation body, but not the engine they cheaped out for the 2010s!)

I think i'll probably settle for a BRZ or maybe a gen coupe.

Last edited by gotcbr; 07-08-2012 at 12:27 PM.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:38 PM

Seriously the worst mistake I made as a teenager was to not keep my first car. I would have saved thousands of dollars instead of leasing, financing and buying out tons of cars.

Stick with a reliable car that you dont have payments on, pay your insurance and save your money. That's the best advice I can give. Keep your mustang even though I would have understood your frustration...patience is key!

Good luck on your decision!

Old 07-12-2012, 02:54 PM

The new Scion is supposed to be awesome, but its a Scion and they are built like legos. Things were always breaking on it. Next time you see a SC, look at the broken trunk. They ALL break.

The 370Z on the other hand is BAD ***. That would be my decision.