Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

any psychiatrists?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 02:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any psychiatrists?

im goin way off topic with this one....sorry....

well im an extreme insomniac so ive been prescriped ambien since about october. I took it a few times and it was weird, some hallucinogens and whatever but nothing big. Then one night i remember being in my room with a circle of children. One was mexican, one as asian, etc. and we weere doing baby twirling. I dunno i watched some strange baby twirling video earlier in the day on tosh.0 so i can figure that out. it was just weird.

BUTANYWAY i usually only them early on sunday nights since i have to be up early and have class from 10am-8pm sooo having some sleep before hand helps. But tonight i want to go to bed and wake up early but im not that tired so i was like whatever ill take some ambien tonight since i really havent at all the past two weeks. As usual the bed im on starts sliding back and forth real fast and everythings sliding. This only happens when im looked down and focused on something so if i look up at the whole room it stops. so I put on a movie(the mechanic.....good? bad? anyone?) and planned to go to sleep and didnt think anything would be a problem. buuuuut then i realized my damn phone had to be charged.

Since i lost mine over the weekend in boston i macgyvered my own from a usb cable. Just stripped it and i duct take the positive and negative power lines to the appropriate contact points on the back of the phone. It works. barely. The issue was that when i was concentrating on doing that all my stuff and my room looked like the tazmanian devil was goin to town on it then eventually i threw up. no fun. Do you think me getting sick is a motion sickness type thing wheere i saw stuff spinning and moving all around me and it in turn made me sick? Or possible sign of an od? I only took 2. 1 is the recommeneded but 1 doesnt realy help too much so normally i take 2 and it works perfectly soooo thats what ive been doing and just did. Any suggestions at all are welcome except for 1) dont take it: I need it for certain case while im at school like when i need to go to bed early so i can wake up early instead of taking on a 10 hour day that invovles thinking, programming, and giving presentations on 20 minutes of sleep 2) trying others: Ive tried trazodone, sominex, tylenol pm, and several otc pills. only ambien seems to work. Well that took a while to come out properly. Sorry for the length its just kind of odd and i dunno if i should be worried at the moment. but until then ill be back trying to duct type a usb cable into a phone charger.

Last edited by nickp123; 04-27-2011 at 07:39 AM.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:37 AM

lol you are just hallucinating, and yes taking more than one ambien as prescribed can lead to such a side affect. coupled with your insomniac state (which alone is enough to make you hallucinate) the results are worse. but i am no doc so u should meet one asap.

how is it like being an insomniac? i love staying up at night ^^

Last edited by jpanside@gmail.com; 04-27-2011 at 02:59 AM.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:24 AM
August 2011 ROTM

Nick, how many times do I have to tell you say NO to drug!!! You better listen this time.

Old 04-27-2011, 06:42 AM

yeah, sounds like its something you need to tell your doctor about and see what he recommends.

and btw, i watched the mechanic last night, pretty good movie.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:39 AM

well now that THATS over...haha yeah i was. jpan i usually like staying up late since thats when im more productive and im just a night person anyway so im in a better mood. My friends the same way so when im home well usually go on like 2-3am adventures around the state and try to find cool stuff or find scary/creepy places from weirdnj. But when you have to wake up early the next day and do a bunch of stuff it sucks when you get like an hour of sleep.

Originally Posted by yumoncbr
Nick, how many times do I have to tell you say NO to drug!!! You better listen this time.
haha hey hey hey...its medication....that makes you freakout and hallucinate....i only take it as prescribed.

i fell asleep halfway through that movie now i have to watch it again. First half seemed pretty decent.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:39 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude, I really feel for you man..

I have TERRIBLE chronic insomnia as well. I've had it my entire life (25 years old now). I don't take any medication for it though.. What else do you do besides the drugs? (I would lay off those.. doesn't seem very healthy the way you describe it).

Old 04-27-2011, 11:15 AM
August 2011 ROTM

Not sure if it will work for you but try L-tryptophan. It's amino acid that help to calm you down and increase the production of serotonin.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:02 PM

melatonin?

i never had any issues in ambien so i cant help you there.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by UnderAssumedName
Dude, I really feel for you man..

I have TERRIBLE chronic insomnia as well. I've had it my entire life (25 years old now). I don't take any medication for it though.. What else do you do besides the drugs? (I would lay off those.. doesn't seem very healthy the way you describe it).
yeah ive been goin on about 2 years of this. I would always be up till like 2-3 before that but for the past 2 years its been till about 5 or 6 and sometimes 7 or 8am. Sometimes ill stay up all night and then all the next day and go to bed around 11ish and try to reset my body clock but it doesnt work or itll only work for a few days.

Ive tried taking melatonin a few times it didnt help. So i usually just deal with it unless i really need to get some sleep that night thats when ill take ambien. Usually it works out ok but sometimes like last night i start tripping ***** and get crazy hallucinations which i dont remember in the morning. Apparently i took my garbage out at like 3am for some reason last night. Usually ill be texting my friend at the time and the next day shell tell me everything and ill read the convo and just be like wow. seriously? Ill be saying theres all these people in my room or one time i said i was in some cave surrounded by lava. So i try to take it as least often as possible but it certainly helps me sleep so it does what its supposed to....just with some side effects

Old 04-27-2011, 05:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nickp123
yeah ive been goin on about 2 years of this. I would always be up till like 2-3 before that but for the past 2 years its been till about 5 or 6 and sometimes 7 or 8am. Sometimes ill stay up all night and then all the next day and go to bed around 11ish and try to reset my body clock but it doesnt work or itll only work for a few days.

Ive tried taking melatonin a few times it didnt help. So i usually just deal with it unless i really need to get some sleep that night thats when ill take ambien. Usually it works out ok but sometimes like last night i start tripping ***** and get crazy hallucinations which i dont remember in the morning. Apparently i took my garbage out at like 3am for some reason last night. Usually ill be texting my friend at the time and the next day shell tell me everything and ill read the convo and just be like wow. seriously? Ill be saying theres all these people in my room or one time i said i was in some cave surrounded by lava. So i try to take it as least often as possible but it certainly helps me sleep so it does what its supposed to....just with some side effects
You should be 'glad' it's only been two years..

One of the best things I can tell you is to get up every morning at the exact same time. Even if you haven't slept at all. Get up. DON'T take a nap during the day. Don't sleep till 12 because you fell asleep at 7. I sleep horribly and am tired every morning (I wake up during the day though) and the only reason I still have enough juice left is because I work out a lot. Just make sure you get up at that exact time. It will make you so tired that you'll probably crash after a few days but keep at it. I would also advice you to stay away from meds. It doesn't actually cure anything.