Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Any one like to fish?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 11:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Any one like to fish?

So the last few years ive been fishing alot. As i do ive noticed that i have began to catch less and less and the ones i do catch are much smaller. I have concluded that it is because so many people here take home the smallest fish to cook it.

Just today a friend and i were fishing at a dock. We caught two catfish(fishing live bait and stink) each but both were only around 2lbs. We always throw them back because we think catch n release is best in order to catch a bigger one next year.

There was one guy who caught about 5 cats himself. The biggest one was 2lbs. 1 was around 7-8 inches and the others were lucky to break a foot. When he pulled up the smallest I said throw em back man let him get bigger. He told me that there are plenty in the waters for the taking and aint no size limit."

So i looked it up and surely there are no size or regulation limits at all for how big they have to be! Its just insane to think that in the next few years i dont think there will be any fish left worth trying to catch. The biggest one that won a tournamnet a few weeks ago was a 4lb bass?

Owell i guess i just wish people would catch a fish take a picture and throw it back to keep on growing.

Rant over

Old 05-28-2011, 06:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, if you're into fresh water fishing then you should come to Australia. After the recent rain and floods, all the big lakes are going crazy with fish at the moment. My bro catches huge catfish over 2 feet long from his kayak. He reckons ones gonna pull him off the thing one day cause it's one of those sit on top style kayak's. I know that might not sound big to you guys in the states, I've seen pics on the net of the monsters over there. I personally prefer to spearfish but lately have been getting back into bowhunting. There's a lot of wild pigs and deer within 30 mins from my place so hopefully I'll get one soon. Getting permission to hunt on people's property is the hardest part.

Old 05-28-2011, 01:01 PM

I have been a catch and release fan forever. The last fish I kept was a 26" Walley that I ate. Thats was about 5 years ago. I see no reason to take a dozen small fish from a lake. Let it go, watch it grow!

Old 05-28-2011, 06:04 PM

catch and release here, unless its big enough to feed the family and tastes good.

Old 05-29-2011, 12:28 AM

aww sad story

Old 05-29-2011, 12:39 AM

^^^funny, like the skirt comment about posts, lol

cbrfen, time to find another fishing spot?

Old 05-29-2011, 11:48 AM

I have the same problem but found that if I go to remote lakes and streams. Ones that require you to hike in that the fishing is awesome and no one keeps them. So they just get bigger and bigger. See if you have any nice hike in lakes in your area. Average hike is 3-5 miles.

Old 05-29-2011, 12:25 PM

I always release... I like to fish because it's relaxing, and it gives me and my buddies something to do..

Old 05-29-2011, 12:43 PM

I hate eating anything seafood. so it's catch n release all the way.

Old 05-29-2011, 12:46 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Striped Bass are my favorite , 20 to 26 inches or over 40 " are the rules for 'em up here. Limit is one of the above can be taken per day.

Quick Reply: Any one like to fish?