Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Any Music Junkies Out There? Headphone Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 01:52 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Music Junkies Out There? Headphone Opinions

okay so i usually wear ear bud headphones but lately ive been in interested in getting a reto looking set of WeSC headphones

I was just wondering how you would compare the sound quality of say a dj style headphone like the WeSC Oboe

to a typical ear clip style sony ear bud headphones

im not out to spend a bunch of money just want something a step up to use at work...

with a little more umph to them

Old 03-14-2011, 02:05 PM

they will be way better than those buds im guessing. although i havent used either. Bose makes a sick pair of buds for around $100 if you want to keep it lo pro, I like the beats by dre personally

Old 03-14-2011, 02:07 PM

dre beats are nice but i want a dj syle headphone for more bass... and dre beats headphones that style get pricey FAST haha

Old 03-14-2011, 02:08 PM
MZ5

I think of myself as a 'music junkie.' Don't spend the kind of money I used to on audio stuff, though. I've never found any kind of ear clip headphones like you've linked that sounded as good as a good set of around-the-ear headphones. I've never been able to get what I thought was good, full-spectrum sound out of them. Having said that, that type hurts my ears, so I haven't tried too terribly hard.

I do like the earplug (noise reducing) style of headphones/ear buds. They can hurt my head, too, if not installed properly, or just if I wear them too long. I have a semi-ok set of Sennheiser earplug style buds right now that are decent. Not as good as the high quality around-the-ear ones I've worn in the increasingly-distant past, but decent.

Good luck finding ones you like, and have fun finding out which you like best!

Old 03-14-2011, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by __Z__
dre beats are nice but i want a dj syle headphone for more bass... and dre beats headphones that style get pricey FAST haha

well JL knows bass, they can rattle the **** out of any car

Old 03-14-2011, 02:31 PM

^^ psh jl

i prefer some Soundstreams myself... (their competition line of course)

ugh i miss having a car

Last edited by __Z__; 03-14-2011 at 02:34 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

Like revving fool said....

The Bose earplugs are ace.
I bought a pair for my daughter at Christmas and for an 'in ear' there's nothing else coming close. Great bass without mass.
I can highly recommend them in every way for what they are. Excellent clarity!
Just my 2p worth before you splash out the bucks.

Old 03-14-2011, 03:39 PM
MZ5

I always thought Soundstream had nice-sounding stuff. Never have thought much of Bose sound. Maybe I should give them another look.

Old 03-14-2011, 05:43 PM

closed/sealed headphones are FAR better than buds or open phones. Because the ring seals around your head, it helps for the little mini speaker to create some air pressure in your ears which simulates bass really well. As far as which brands and models... I suggest you go to a music store and try a few on for comfort. I have a pair of sennheiser HD 280 pros and they are amazing.

Old 03-14-2011, 05:56 PM

If youre looking for quality headphones for a decent price look around some audiophile forums.

Most of the forums that I have seen slam Bose, saying you can get better quality for 1/2 the price.

My ears are ****ed up so I cant tell the difference between $1000 headphones and $10 headphones so I dont spend money on them anymore. Ear Candy over the ear for at the desk and cheapie walmart buds for everywhere else is what I use.

Quick Reply: Any Music Junkies Out There? Headphone Opinions