Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Any lawyers or good advice ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 11:39 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Any lawyers or good advice ?

also double check the statue of limitation in your state. in cali i believe its 2 years but if it is after the 2 year period you could get the case dismissed.

Old 09-27-2008, 11:55 PM

Damn.... Virginia Statue is also 2 years on personal injury. I asked her the exact date and the papers state October 27, 2006... exactly 30 days away from the 2 year mark... bastard knows what he's doing.

Old 09-28-2008, 12:05 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

sounds about right he is setting you up to try and get you to settle . hards times righ tnow and he wants your money . contact your insurance company .. also if you end up having to do this by yourselfs patition to see his medical records showing the damage that he is claiming and see if you can see if he has had any other recent accidents that he could be trying to get covered by you .

Old 09-28-2008, 12:07 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Geico should probably step in for ya, then it will probably never even see a court room. I would guess they are trying to scare ya out of some cash. Wish ya luck tho Fuze

Old 09-28-2008, 09:07 AM

If yall have to go to court yourself make sure you counter sue for court costs. Or can you do that? Never been to court.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:14 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yet another reason I'm for a loser pays system .. with the current system, people just throw up whatever frivolous crap they can think of and see what sticks since they have nothing to lose and just waste a bunch of your time. I think you'll be fine ... good luck.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:50 AM
VP

1.) talk to a lawyer about suing the insurance company to pay the judgment.

2.) if there was never any litigation and it was a default judgment then you can challenge the default judgment if there was no lawsuit pending against you. you might still lose that if the other side tried their best to notify you (but it sounds like the court found you pretty easily so that's probably not the case).

Old 09-28-2008, 09:52 AM

in my state, anything over 2 years someone cant come back on you for an auto accident

Old 09-28-2008, 10:29 AM
VP

ORIGINAL: N8 Dawg

in my state, anything over 2 years someone cant come back on you for an auto accident
the statute is limitations is specifically set by the date the lawsuit is in motion...as long as it's done within the 2 years of the date of injury (which also by the way doesn't even have to be the same day as the accident). for all practical purposes it could take 3 more years to start the trial.

Old 09-28-2008, 06:48 PM

I have to go to court in November because I am getting sued for an accident i was involved in. EXCEPT... i was found 100% innocent, NO fault on my end. the other *** hat turned right in front of me.. i t-boned him because of it, i was fine... and the passenger that is sueing me walked away went to the gas station bought cigarettes and sodas for the other guys in the car both cars drove away... and the other driver didn;t have insurance on the car yet because it was 2 days old on a weekend so the ins company wasn't open... RI has a 3 day grace period so it was not a problem..

Quick Reply: Any lawyers or good advice ?