Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Any 1 got a story about how thick there boss is ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 05:00 PM
jim
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any 1 got a story about how thick there boss is ?

Hi Everybody

A customer called our fax machine and my boss started to talk to the machine !
She noticed her boyfriends cooker wasn’t working so she called out a gas engineer, the engineer pointed out the cooker is electric and works fine.
She lies and has an annoying sounding voice.

Please before I go postal is anyone in the same boat ?

Regards

"In Control" Jim

Old 02-14-2006, 01:30 AM
Default RE: Any 1 got a story about how thick there boss is ?

Ask any of us military guys... you'll get plenty of answers...

Our former platoon leader is unable to fire his M4... "PFC Rogers, you're an armorer... What's the matter with my weapon?" So I say, " Um, sir... You have to charge your weapon before it will fire..."
Jesus to think these officers will lead us into combat? Sometimes I wonder... Thank God we have a new PL...

Old 02-14-2006, 08:51 AM
Retired Administrator

Yep... military has to take this one. Only in the military will you have the total idiots leading the "experts in what they do". In the real (civilian world) you have a boss/supervisors that knows how to do the job at hand or is the expert. The military places a new academy grad or college graduate, that probably majored in under water basket weaving.... in charge of a technical field that he doesn’t even know how to spell yet.

I'm not bitter about serving... everyone should do it. No matter which branch you serve... it's a life changing experience. But hats off to the grunts and I mean this as a compliment. I live on a ship that spits missiles thousands of miles away and you watch them land a few hundred yards in front of you.

Did we highjack this thread.... sorry. Point is... don't go postal. Get even. Every day when you go to work... pour a little ipecac into his/her morning coffee and they will always wonder why they have this newfound love with the bathroom in the mornings or why they are allergic to coffee.

angry don... out.

Old 02-14-2006, 03:50 PM

Another military one for ya:

The conversations that end with.." because I am a Chief and that is what I said." or " I am a Lt in the United States Navy so I don't care what the book says, do it my way"

and that is 100% spot on with the degree in a totally unrelated field. I hope it is not just the military that has to deal with people who hide behind their position in order to make a point or get something done.

oh, and all this said with all respect in case there are any "officer's" reading this.

Thanks for the vent.

Old 02-14-2006, 04:31 PM
L8X

dood, dont **** with military is all i gotta say

Old 02-14-2006, 08:50 PM

My supervisor looks at the floor when he tells you to do something. He can't look you in the eye and talk to you. And when he gets mad he throws little tantrums and kicks his feet LOL. You have to see it but its impossible not to laugh at him. And he knows how to do everything even though he has never worked anywhere except out of his office and walk around on the floor to see if everyone is doing their job.

-Jesse-

Old 02-14-2006, 09:38 PM

There are 2 rules that my boss has.
#1. The boss is always right.
#2. If the boss is wrong, see rule number 1.

Old 02-16-2006, 04:59 AM

For the militay guys !

I think this one ranks up there I had a Lt not qual on his 9mm. I told him he needed to go through agian and refire he told me he needs to ZERO his 9mm WOW! Who teaches these guys?

Old 02-16-2006, 08:35 AM
Retired Administrator

Is this a military bashing zone? We need more regular boss stories. The military is always going to be like this because it will never have the parking lot factor. In any branch of service.... the bosses say what they want and act however they feel and still drive home relaxed and peacefully. In the real world... if a boss treated an employee like this.... they'd never make it to the car in the parking lot. Billy Bob that just got his *** handed to him in front of hundreds of co-workers... well, he's hiding under the car waiting for him. As soon as he tries to go home... he yanks him under and says "who's the bitch now!"

Ok... that was the funny side of it. But really, he will have problems in the parking lot at the end of the day. Either his car is jacked up or Billy Bob is waiting to kick his ***.