Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Another Reason Not to Run!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 12:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Another Reason Not to Run!

good to hear you're wife and little ones are ok aside form being shook up im sure. im sure you're wife will feel better in time, as she realizes she was in no way at fault for the other guys death.

and i agree w/ havoc, this really shows what can happen when you run from the innocent bystanders P.O.V.

Old 05-25-2007, 12:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW....sad, but unsurprising. Glad that no one innocent was injured, unfortunate about the rider, but he made the bed he now lays in. Give your wife all the support she can get, it must be hard, even though it was not directly her fault, none really, she pulled out which is why she is probably having a hard time with it. Even glader to hear your children are ok.

I bet no one would have cared if the cop pushed this guys bike over.

hrm...Mission....down in the Valley eh? I got a buddy that lives there.

Old 05-25-2007, 12:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear that your family was'nt hurt badly kman... What makes people run from the cops? I mean the penaltys for running are way worse than just stopping and taking the heat for breaking the law. I personally would rather be on my way with a ticket then be arrested and my bike impounded. Does anyone have a good reason to run from the cops?

Old 05-25-2007, 01:24 PM

Cuz their cool.

Old 05-25-2007, 01:30 PM

wow....
first off, glad your family is ok.
take care of the wife, guilt is something that will eat away at the soul...it's not her fault.
obviously the rider does not care for anyone else's life, not even his own, hence running from the scene of an accident and then causing another one himself. pity those he left behind.

Old 05-25-2007, 01:42 PM

Sucks your wife and kids had to go through that man. Hope the kids are to little to understand what happened. Never understand why people do stupid things in public places.

Old 05-25-2007, 02:50 PM

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. My wife seems to be doing a little better today. We met with the police this morning to give them a statement. The rider's family was there at the same time which made for a slightly awkward moment. Due to the fatality the car will be impounded until the middle of next week and the police report will not be ready for 30 days. Not sure what we are supposed to do now. The motorcycle appears to be a newer R6 or an older R1 based on the exhaust pipe. The registered owner of the bike claims to have sold it to the deceased a couple weeks ago. We are guessing that the guy had no insurance. He was had a scheduled court appearance nexy month for a DUI.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1690/E83126934D72473492FFBB6E08EE6F91.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1690/012E0AFA1C384451BA0C3F1EE84B0E35.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1690/EF3C2BA0AC2A420D9C3CEAEA91097D52.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-25-2007, 03:07 PM

Wow. First and foremost, I'm glad that your family are OK. The part about the bike being still registered to the guy who sold it a few weeks ago is scary from his perspective (assuming he's telling the truth). I'm sure he dropped the insurance on the bike as soon as he sold it, so now his uninsured bike was involved in a collision with a fatality, your wife's injuries, and the damage to your car. I wouldn't want to be him.

Old 05-25-2007, 03:56 PM

That door held up pretty damn well for having 500lbs rushing at 100mph into it!

Glad your family is OK. Bikers like him give the rest of us bad names, and frankly, if they all die, it'd make our riding easier and more fun.

Old 05-25-2007, 04:22 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)

I'm very glad to hear your family was not seriously injured. The emotional part will heal with time. My voice is added to those telling her she is not at fault. The fault lies entirely with the guy running, doing 100 mph on city streets.By doing so he made it nearly impossible for people to judge his speed, or perhaps even to see him. Or apparently for him to see cross traffic and react to it. He made a really stupid decision, and paid the price for it. It stinksthat your children, your wife and you also have to pay a price for his decision. My heart goes out to you and your family, as well as to the family of the rider.

Quick Reply: Another Reason Not to Run!