Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Another Reason Not to Run!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 12:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Reason Not to Run!

http://www.team4news.com/Global/story.asp?S=6566529

Please see the attached link for another reason not to run from the police. The 4 door Nissan that is mentioned in the story was driven by my wife and 2 daughters. The accident happened about a half mile from our house. Apparently the local PD was chasing this guy who had fled from another accident scene. My wife stopped at the intersection and then proceeded towards home. About 3/4 of the way through the intersection this guy hit the passenger side door at approximately 100 mph (according to the cops). My wife called me from the scene and told me she was in an accident. I arrived in time to see her, my 4 year old and 9 year old being loaded into an ambulance. The girls checked out fine. They were both secured in their car and booster seats. My wife has a bunch of cuts from the broken glass but otherwise is OK. She is feeling guilty because she feels responsible for the guys death. Have to wait till Friday to find out where the car is and if it can be repaired.

Old 05-25-2007, 12:52 AM
Default RE: Another Reason Not to Run!

wow...I don't really know what to say except I'm glad your wife and kids aren't severely injured...

Old 05-25-2007, 12:53 AM

Wow.... glad your family is OK and safe. I understand your wife feeling that way. Hopefully, she will be able to work through that and realize he made the bad decision and it's not her fault.

Old 05-25-2007, 12:54 AM

running is a great way to hurt a lot of people.. thank god that your family is ok

Old 05-25-2007, 01:36 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

usually when we hear about a motorcylcist going down we always pray for him and his family etc i guess this is a very unsettling way to see it from the other persons view. i hope your wife can walk away from this and not blame herself because its not her fault. i wish your family the best of luck and youre in my prayers

Old 05-25-2007, 01:43 AM

I had a buddy who rode, and he pulled out in front of a bike one time in his car. This was years ago. Night time, buddy sees headlights way off, so pulls out. Well, those headlights were doing well over 100mph, so the bike got there quicker than he thought. Had the bike been going the speed limit or close to it, all would have been fine, but that wasn't the case. Same end result. When your ripping along at a ridiculous speed, your decreasing others ability to see you or judge how much time they have whether to pull out or not. Glad to hear all is well with your loved ones.

Old 05-25-2007, 01:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm REALLY glad to hear that your family is safe, I've said it a hundred (more actually) times. It's idiotic to run, and dangerous for innocent people. There are a lot people on bikes thatneed to be more accountable for their actions.

Old 05-25-2007, 08:00 AM

wow that sucked. good to here there ok

Old 05-25-2007, 08:14 AM

im glad that ur family is ok . and i pray for the riders family to come over their pain of their lost one.. .. by the way did they say why he was runing from the cops...?

Old 05-25-2007, 08:52 AM

1st of all, I'm so glad to hear that your family is all okay. That could have ended very badly for them. I couldn't imagine how I would feel if it were my family and someone was severely injured or killed. I hope that your wife's cuts heal up quickly and that your kids don't have any lingering mental trauma from it.

2nd, your wife has absolutely no reason to blame herself. The guy made the mistake of running from the police and excessive speed. The accident was 100% percent his fault. Your family were the victims. Tell her "Freebie" said so.

Quick Reply: Another Reason Not to Run!