Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Am I the only one who can't stand Dani Pedrosa's attitude?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 04:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Am I the only one who can't stand Dani Pedrosa's attitude?

Okay, now I know you guys are short on facts and long on opinion. Video proof of it, too. No one at the top level "takes out" a teammate. They would lose their job, on the spot. This isn't pay-as-you-go pocket rockets, there are hundreds of millions of dollars and global corporate reputations on the line.

Pedrosa made a mistake, no more, no less. His comments came from the mouth of someone afraid of being sacked, afraid of losing everything after a single bonehead manuever, and rightfully so. Jesus, what would you do? Take off the infantile hate goggles and let it go. Whiny little bitch? No, that's the way you all are acting.

Intentional? Kamikaze? No way. The Japanese know honor, and had it been on purpose, they would have tied him to the rim of Mount Fuji and let the Abominable Snow Monster rip his Spanish limbs apart...

Old 07-03-2008, 05:34 PM

[IMG]local://upfiles/10801/124151B5CBDA42B9BD24D88C4812B044.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-03-2008, 07:26 PM

OK....here is Rossi APOLOGIZING for his mistake:

“Unfortunately I made a mistake on the first lap, on the first left corner,†admitted Rossi frankly after the A-Style TT Assen. “I went in too fast with a cold tyre and lost the rear. I took De Puniet with me when I crashed, so I have to say sorry to him."

Now here is Padrosa:

"I wish I could change it. I didn't want to pass him at that moment. I braked and my rear wheel came off the ground and then it touched the ground again, I got a little more speed. I couldn't stop the bike and there was nowhere to go. I have a fracture in my little finger but we have time for it to be ok for Valencia."

Now if you can't tell which one has some class and which one is a *****, then I just don't know what to say. Guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:17 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal
Default RE: Am I the only one who can't stand Dani Pedrosa'

ORIGINAL: scattabrain

you're right we've never met them but first impressions speak volumes.

Has he signed with Ducati now? I had read a week or two ago that there were talks of him going to Ducati but nothing was official at that point.
Yes he signed its official which makes me sad, but at the same time, who cares he's been terrible since they went from 1000cc to 800 go go Repsol Honda!

Old 07-03-2008, 09:29 PM

Nicky will win a second title if he rides a Ducati. It's right up his alley, plus it comes without an army of Japanese engineers that haven't particularly enjoyed American riders since frigging Fast Freddie Spencer.

So yeah, blame Honda, while you drink your whine, not Pedrosa, haters.

Old 07-04-2008, 07:08 AM
CBRF 2009 AOTY !!

Dani..."Nicky had development time on the bike and didn't do much with it"
Name:  HAYDEN.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  16.7 KB

Old 07-04-2008, 11:25 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I admire anyone who can make it to the pinnacle in ANY field, be it bikes, business, cars, etc.
This doesn't mean that I would want to spend time in their company.
Call me a whiner if you will, Spirit, but winning at all costs, and having a sour face when you don't, and blaming other factors (the bike setup, the engineers, the "package" as Biaggi calls it and so on, doesn't set well with me........
Like Marco Melandri a few years back, couldn't win the championship unless the leader fell off, so he slowed down and tried to kick the guy's bike so he'd fall.........definitely not a mature attitude.
I'd have banned him for a season for that...........There are plenty of incidents like these, it's just that our little friend is so "sour" all the time - if you read Rossi's book you will see that racing for Honda isn't as glorious as it's made out to be - Honda regard riders as "all the same" and believe their machines will win with any good rider aboard. As we have seen, not so. Maybe he's just a miserable little cuss.....

Old 07-04-2008, 12:45 PM

I haven't seen any official news about Hayden goingto Ducati yet but if he does the 2nd spot at HRC will probably be going to Dovizioso, who is proving he's a capable rider even on a satellite bike.