CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Am I the ONLY one ?? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/am-i-only-one-137855/)

CTcbr929 05-09-2012 09:53 AM

Am I the ONLY one ??

I want this. Straight up. YOLO right?? (you only live once) LOL

Im obviously a Honda guy & Im sorry if I offend anyone haha, but I want this, really thinking about getting a loan in the future, maybe in the fall ... ?

Anyone else like this bike? Or am I the only one of this forum.

https://cbrforum.com/forum/members/c...inja-17848.png

Read the specs on it and you'll understand.

nickp123 05-09-2012 10:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
ive always liked the looks of the kawis, especially the zx10s, but ive thought that the 2012 was one of the ugliest bikes ive ever seen. Its performance is almost on par with the bmw s1000 which makes it harder to hate but i think its hideous. ^that angle isnt terrbile but from the sides i think it looks like a scooter or a 250 or something.

this picture certainly doesnt do it favors at least.

Attachment 38780

I think honda and suzuki are the only japanese companies that have come out with good looking/improved bikes for 2012.

problem solved!

CTcbr929 05-09-2012 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by nickp123 (Post 1158046)
ive always liked the looks of the kawis, especially the zx10s, but ive thought that the 2012 was one of the ugliest bikes ive ever seen. Its performance is almost on par with the bmw s1000 which makes it harder to hate but i think its hideous. ^that angle isnt terrbile but from the sides i think it looks like a scooter or a 250 or something.

this picture certainly doesnt do it favors at least.
http://media.photobucket.com/image/2...0-31173411.jpg

I think honda and suzuki are the only japanese companies that have come out with good looking/improved bikes for 2012.

The picture you posted doesnt work for me? maybe its just my lap top?? idk... but its just a lil box with a red x in the middle...

Yea, at first when I saw it last year, I dont think I was a huge fan of the look.. but now I love it... saw it in person and sat on it... WOW... and now that its red, I want it even more... Really thinking about it at the end of this year.

The specs and performance of it are amazing as well.

Just my opinion obv. n Thanks for your input.

nickp123 05-09-2012 10:32 AM

hmmm yeah its not working for me either now actually....i dunno ive been having problems lately with pictures. They havent been showing up in threads when people post them its just blank space. If i go to photobucket it takes me to the mobile site too. I have to open up pages in an incognito window for all that stuff to work. So i know its not chrome, just a weird setting or preference or something i may have changed in the normal browsing window.

ANYWAY.....yeah the specs and performance numbers are insane which is why i keep trying to like it but i just think its fugly. Maybe once i see one in person ill change my mind.

74demon 05-09-2012 10:40 AM

im with nick.

IMO, it's uglier in person. but if you like it, and can afford it, go for it. if i had that kind of money, i'd go with the bmw. the bmw only new bike that does anything for me.

Wisconsin 05-09-2012 11:52 AM

might as well go for the zzr-1400 haha! That's the only way I would stray away from good'ole'honda ;)

I like the bike though, looks pretty good! have you seen the 2012 honda though? check it out!

CTcbr929 05-09-2012 11:58 AM

Nick, the picture works now haha..

That pic makes me like it even more... the nose does look huge on it...

IDK I mean I do admit its not the BEST looking bike... but I love the technology on it... and the horizontal rear shock, for example.

Demon, I cant afford it outright, would have to take out a loan... but like I said YOLO !!! Haha.. idc ... This is America I can do and have w.e I want !

Its a big decision obviously n looking at a car would be more logical,

IDK just thought Id throw it up here and see what you guys thought.

CTcbr929 05-09-2012 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Wisconsin (Post 1158080)
might as well go for the zzr-1400 haha! That's the only way I would stray away from good'ole'honda ;)

I like the bike though, looks pretty good! have you seen the 2012 honda though? check it out!

Of course Ive seen it bro-ski ... sat on it... went over the whole bike visually...

I love that bike too... but this one just has a lil bit more technology, and a huge thing that gets me is the horizontal rear shock...

--Wisconsin.. I like your signature too... its simple... but the first time I saw it I literally LOLed .

DammitMike 05-09-2012 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by CTcbr929 (Post 1158081)
IDK I mean I do admit its not the BEST looking bike... but I love the technology on it... and the horizontal rear shock, for example.

The new ZX10 definitely has a case of the "myspace angles." Think of it this way, when you're riding it, you can't see how ugly it is :icon_patriot:. Plus, it will just look like a black and red blur to everyone else on the road.

nickp123 05-09-2012 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by DammitMike (Post 1158100)
The new ZX10 definitely has a case of the "myspace angles." Think of it this way, when you're riding it, you can't see how ugly it is :icon_patriot:. Plus, it will just look like a black and red blur to everyone else on the road.

hmm yeah Id say thats pretty accurate actually. It can look pretty good from some angles but from others it makes me wonder how it got approved for production looking like that. And that last part should be kawasaki's advertising campaign for this bike. "when youre riding it you cant even see how ugly it is, and to everyone else on the road it'll just look like a blur" Not catchy enough?

regener8ed 05-09-2012 02:01 PM

i remember when honda revealed the total redesign in '08 and everyone thought it was hideous. same thing when dodge first released the ram with the now iconic big-rig headlight design. i think people's opinions will change as they get used to it.

personally, i rather like the look, especially the tail (although i can't figure out why they wouldn't put any kind of trunk on it), but the pipe needs to go. design kinda reminds me of an rsv4...
http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/cro...ory_460x0w.jpg

Aken 05-09-2012 02:03 PM

I prefer the 08 to whatever years that body style was. I have an 07 ZX-10 and it's nice - a lot more simple, but a bit more a fatass.

I've been kind of disappointed with the way 1000cc bikes have been designed lately. I don't like this ZX-10, I've never really like the Suzuki's, Honda is decent but has a couple deal breakers (lightning bolts near the intakes = barf). Yamaha I like but is a little bigger than I'd prefer. Out of anything, I think I'd get the BMW first, Yamaha second. Depending on which felt nice, also (comfort > looks).

raylee 05-09-2012 02:35 PM

I was in heavy anticipation of this bike ever since they announced that it was the Japanese bike to topple the S1000RR. It was not disappointing on its own, but did not really break any barriers. However, it's a monster of a bike and the electronics are really sophisticated and people are saying it's a better package for the track than the S1kRR is. IMO, if you dig it, go for it. YOLO is god damned right.

CTcbr929 05-09-2012 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by raylee (Post 1158132)
I was in heavy anticipation of this bike ever since they announced that it was the Japanese bike to topple the S1000RR. It was not disappointing on its own, but did not really break any barriers. However, it's a monster of a bike and the electronics are really sophisticated and people are saying it's a better package for the track than the S1kRR is. IMO, if you dig it, go for it. YOLO is god damned right.

HAHA YOLO cracks me up... its tacky but its true...

Sent an e-mail to a Kawi dealer in New Haven. Going to go talk to him in person soon but like I said wouldnt seriously look into purchasing until the end of the year, and he said there might be rebates or specials at that time which was a really good point.

Mike, my GF said the same exact thing, I said its not the BEST looking bike, but she said you'll be flying by people they wont even notice!

Regener8ed ... I also like the tail, not pointy and following the same scheme as its competitors... I feel like it would be comfortable for riding 2 up ... exhaust always has to go on any production sportbike, along with the rear fender obviously.

CTcbr929 05-09-2012 06:49 PM

Even if you dont like the bike, can you deny that this is a GREAT ad ... ?

"No Bodys touching me on this bike!"

2011 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R "Mind of a Racer" - YouTube

Gives me chills haha

Kuroshio 05-09-2012 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by CTcbr929 (Post 1158194)
Mike, my GF said the same exact thing, I said its not the BEST looking bike, but she said you'll be flying by people they wont even notice!

Almost everybody. Its hard to fly past Yolie :icon_naughty:

Kevwa451 05-09-2012 08:18 PM

You're not the only one, my buddy loves them too. He sold his 07 RR last year and has an 06 636 now. He always got mad cause in a straight line he couldn't pass me on my F4i. His 636 is an animal though. That extra 36cc's makes a huge difference. He just walks away from me now in any gear at just about any speed.

raylee 05-10-2012 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by CTcbr929 (Post 1158194)
Mike, my GF said the same exact thing

:icon_vp:

CTcbr929 05-12-2012 07:10 PM

^^ Raylee idk what that is supposed to mean lol

Guys, went down to New Haven Powersports today, and I may get this sooner then I thought, not the 12 but the discounted 2011 in black.

The guy who I have been e-mailing, this is his bike ... 2012, ECU flash, full titanium exahust system, etc ... 200 Horsepower!!! Very nice, and very loud... but he said "You should hear my Aprilia race bike, its alot louder then this"

https://cbrforum.com/forum/members/c...bike-17916.jpg

Got to see the new RSV4 ... Wow ... $23,000 price tag on this bad boy.

https://cbrforum.com/forum/members/c...ilia-17917.jpg

Everything about it is amazing.

Cahal 05-13-2012 04:59 PM

hmm, these new zx-10r's just really remind me of a witch riding a broom stick. too pointy nose like a witch and the stock exhaust looks like the broom stick.

raylee 05-13-2012 06:37 PM

One of the few bikes to ever get me to actually start drooling was a raced out RSV4 Factory w/ carbon brakes, full exhaust and more carbon than you could shake a stick at. Fully piped those things sound insane.

This bad boy sounds insane as well, they let me fire it up in the showroom. The sound alone stirred my soul:

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...39012128_n.jpg

Kuroshio 05-13-2012 06:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by raylee (Post 1159489)
One of the few bikes to ever get me to actually start drooling was a raced out RSV4 Factory w/ carbon brakes, full exhaust and more carbon than you could shake a stick at. Fully piped those things sound insane.

This bad boy sounds insane as well, they let me fire it up in the showroom. The sound alone stirred my soul:

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...39012128_n.jpg

Traitor! :p

Tho if i had the cash that I could purely toss out the windows, I'd take what's sitting next to Terrence's desk

Attachment 38697

Just to piss off ppl :D

raylee 05-13-2012 10:02 PM

Bah, I own 3 Hondas to my one BMW. S'all good. And yeah, I saw T deliver a Panigale the other day and they had it warming up... it surely is a sexy machine.

CTcbr929 05-14-2012 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Cahal (Post 1159469)
hmm, these new zx-10r's just really remind me of a witch riding a broom stick. too pointy nose like a witch and the stock exhaust looks like the broom stick.

Although I think it looks fine, most people think its not the BEST looking bike, but the design is functional...

And it is one of the most technologically advanced bikes out, which is why I will own this machine very soon.

Stock exhaust has always got to go, but the headers are titanium headers!!! what?? thats sickkk

boredandstroked 05-14-2012 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by CTcbr929 (Post 1158040)
Anyone else like this bike? Or am I the only one of this forum.
Read the specs on it and you'll understand.

Your the only one. Specs don't matter, its still a crappy bike from a crappy manufacturer. If you want those specs and a decent bike you buy the BMW. If you want those specs and a stupid sounding exhaust you buy the new ducati. If you want something much better then anything else out there you buy an RSV4. And if you want the most reliable thing you can get you stick with honda.

CTcbr929 05-14-2012 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by boredandstroked (Post 1159678)
Your the only one. Specs don't matter, its still a crappy bike from a crappy manufacturer. If you want those specs and a decent bike you buy the BMW. If you want those specs and a stupid sounding exhaust you buy the new ducati. If you want something much better then anything else out there you buy an RSV4. And if you want the most reliable thing you can get you stick with honda.

LOL ^^ hater ... its one of the best bikes out !!! Specs dont matter?? lol gtfo then

I LOVE Honda, but once again I want the technology!!!

I plan on keeping the Honda too, stick to your 600 this is Liter bike talk!!$$

Kuroshio 05-14-2012 01:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Liter bike talk: you get

Attachment 38683

:D

Seriously tho, if the zx10 floats your boat then sail on. But like I said, don't go expecting to fly past Yolie :icon_laugh:

CTcbr929 05-14-2012 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio (Post 1159741)
Liter bike talk: you get

:D

Seriously tho, if the zx10 floats your boat then sail on. But like I said, don't go expecting to fly past Yolie :icon_laugh:

Kuro, honestly, yea I would fly by you on it!!

Becauseee Im alot younger then you.. which means Im stupider, riskier, and willing to push the limits more then you!! You are wiser and know when to stop or back off.

+ you've allready crashed yours! I mean come on haha

Im not saying you dont know how to ride, Im just saying I would push it more then you ... Im very STUPID and risky when tempted ... :-/

Its not the bike, it comes down to mind-set and decision making.

Dont ban me Kuro !! :icon_frown:

Kuroshio 05-14-2012 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by CTcbr929 (Post 1159746)
Kuro, honestly, yea I would fly by you on it!!

Becauseee Im alot younger then you.. which means Im stupider, riskier, and willing to push the limits more then you!! You are wiser and know when to stop or back off.

+ you've allready crashed yours! I mean come on haha

Im not saying you dont know how to ride, Im just saying I would push it more then you ... Im very STUPID and risky when tempted ... :-/

Its not the bike, it comes down to mind-set and decision making.

Dont ban me Kuro !! :icon_frown:

Fair enough... fair warning tho:

I don't mind when people walk on me and Yolie simply because I know they're no match. But a few have had that taught to them ;)

CTcbr929 05-14-2012 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio (Post 1159845)
Fair enough... fair warning tho:

I don't mind when people walk on me and Yolie simply because I know they're no match. But a few have had that taught to them ;)

Haha o yea definitely. Isnt it great when you blow by someone?? Haha ... especially the squids

Gah I just want this bike NOW ... I have (as most of us do) a major need for speed and power idk whats wrong with me

But Im not going to lie Im nervous about crashing it and simply dropping it

Kuroshio 05-14-2012 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by CTcbr929 (Post 1159875)
Haha o yea definitely. Isnt it great when you blow by someone?? Haha ... especially the squids

Gah I just want this bike NOW ... I have (as most of us do) a major need for speed and power idk whats wrong with me

But Im not going to lie Im nervous about crashing it and simply dropping it

Ah the innocence of youth...

To properly teach someone a lesson, you don't blow past them. You let them wring the living hell out of whatever they're riding / driving while you keep pace. And when their ride is screaming and crying like a newborn...

You finish opening the throttle and kick it into 6th :D

CTcbr929 05-15-2012 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio (Post 1159891)
Ah the innocence of youth...

To properly teach someone a lesson, you don't blow past them. You let them wring the living hell out of whatever they're riding / driving while you keep pace. And when their ride is screaming and crying like a newborn...

You finish opening the throttle and kick it into 6th :D

Woahh... the innocence of youth?? Dont act like Im a toddler or a teenager Kuro, I am an adult. I said I am younger then you but I didnt mean THAT much younger haha ... sometimes the way I type I get 'dramatic' and 'excited'

6th gear is too high. We must be thinking of different situations. Im thinking of riding in the twisties, where usually 2nd - 4th does the trick.

I wish I had a go-pro to show you, there was a guy on a F4i last week he was in front then then I screamed by him, (love the shorty pipe) then he dangerously passed me & like 5 cars = idiot ... I was done at that point cuz I was turning anyways

& Ive kept up with 1000s in the twisties before... except member on here Will1000rr's friends, they were too good I didnt even wna risk it

You must leave the city to hit the twisties huh?? I cant imagine there being too many in Phila

boredandstroked 05-15-2012 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by CTcbr929 (Post 1160048)
Woahh... the innocence of youth?? Dont act like Im a toddler or a teenager Kuro, I am an adult. I said I am younger then you but I didnt mean THAT much younger haha ... sometimes the way I type I get 'dramatic' and 'excited'

Adults don't normally feel the need to "prove" how old they are on internet forums, or get upset someone might think they're younger then they are. Hell, I love it when people think Im younger. Just sayin......

raylee 05-15-2012 10:51 AM

6th gear is too high if you're pussy footing it through the twisties. I don't think I'm moving unless I'm hitting 170 around hairpins. :icon_clapclap:

CTcbr929 05-15-2012 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by boredandstroked (Post 1160086)
Adults don't normally feel the need to "prove" how old they are on internet forums, or get upset someone might think they're younger then they are. Hell, I love it when people think Im younger. Just sayin......

Who said I was upset?? lol

Im in a great mood.

But I understand what you are saying.

@ Raylee I thought he might have been talking about the highway, anyone can be a 'highway hero' you know... and yea you are probably NASTY at riding... I wouldnt be able to keep up!

raylee 05-15-2012 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by CTcbr929 (Post 1160106)
@ Raylee I thought he might have been talking about the highway, anyone can be a 'highway hero' you know... and yea you are probably NASTY at riding... I wouldnt be able to keep up!

LOL, I was kidding about that. Not even GP riders do 170 on hairpins. We're all here to learn and get faster. I don't even mess around on highways too much anymore, save it all for the track and the twisties.

Back on topic, good luck in your search for a new bike. Any of the new bikes are awesome and you can't go wrong.

CTcbr929 05-15-2012 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by raylee (Post 1160164)
LOL, I was kidding about that. Not even GP riders do 170 on hairpins. We're all here to learn and get faster. I don't even mess around on highways too much anymore, save it all for the track and the twisties.

Back on topic, good luck in your search for a new bike. Any of the new bikes are awesome and you can't go wrong.

I know you were Just Kidding brotha..

And thanks, hopefully this Thursday... I was just offered a new job so I have to get that squared away first

Aken 05-15-2012 11:40 PM

I think Kuro needs to come to my drag strip and meet my ZX-10 for some horse play :-p

CTcbr929 05-16-2012 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Aken (Post 1160368)
I think Kuro needs to come to my drag strip and meet my ZX-10 for some horse play :-p

What is your best run? 1/4 mile

Aken 05-24-2012 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by ctcbr929 (Post 1160378)
what is your best run? 1/4 mile

9.912 @ 145